Errants

WoT Encore results!

63 posts in this topic

Just now, RealBattousai said:

Yes surprising I'm a little higher than him, when he has the better CPU and vid card, but I am running it off an Samsung SSD, not sure if that makes a difference.

You both have the same cpu. Difference is the GPU.

SSD doesn't make a difference. I ran encore on my HDD.

3 minutes ago, Fulcrous said:

You both have the same cpu. Difference is the GPU.

SSD doesn't make a difference. I ran encore on my HDD.

Right, I was mixing it up looking at yours, that's the one I was talking about, why is it lower, when it should be better, but I guess that's what you're trying to figure out, strange.

18 minutes ago, Errants said:

Dayum, that's @Luna levels of potato. Well done.

If I wasn't addicted to WoT I'd not be playing games. I used to be a hardcore gamer 12+ years ago but now since I work with storytelling I get annoyed by it in games since it's inferior in games 99.9999% of the time over any other form of entertainment (well excluding theme park rides). I'm pissed game designers/developers ignore good writing and even the game that feel like they are well written are only well written for game standards not overall standards. They feel so good because games are immersive. 

To cut the rant short - I play on a 2011 macbook pro. I have a stronger PC in my basement but it clutters the flat. I'd rather spend my money on my cooking obsession, travel, downhill bikes, snowboarding or just the general high cost of having an intelligent girlfriend with good aesthetic taste (that shit will drain you)

8 minutes ago, RealBattousai said:

Yes surprising I'm a little higher than him, when he has the better CPU and vid card, but I am running it off a Samsung SSD, not sure if that makes a difference.

You've the better video card, slightly younger generation, and 2x the RAM. The rest of our rigs are nigh identical, though. Pretty cool.

7 minutes ago, RealBattousai said:

Right, I was mixing it up looking at yours, that's the one I was talking about, why is it lower, when it should be better, but I guess that's what you're trying to figure out, strange.

he has a 960 you have a 970.

If you're confused about being higher than mine, you're probably comparing to my laptop and not my desktop.

Wait, I'm so computer unsavy that it's embarrassing, is the fact that I'm running an I5 2400 @3.1 ghz holding back the GTX 1050TI?

Know it's far from the best card, but the score on Ultra was just over 10K, (which they said was still "great result") but I saw some far higher scores with the same card on reddit...

Notebook:

SFXPM0O.jpg

I will use something between ultra and medium on the live version.

CPU: i5 7300HQ @2.5GHz

GPU:1050Ti 4GB

RAM:16GB

BTW: I guess the score is the total frames rendered under  2:40. So if I am right then 10k is around 62 fps on avg., and the High performance rating starts from 8k points which would be  50 fps.

Edit: medium settings: 27k  minimum settings: 57k points.  

bunch of wallet warriors

my pc could only test on medium (16000 score) and could not even test ultra, on my notebook i get:

(laptop gaming ftw)

wotencore_26_12_2017_18_28_07.png

wotencore_26_12_2017_18_33_51.png

(the medium thing said ``acceptable``, but it was lagging super mega hard (like 10 fps i think) so thats unplayable for sure

ps: it seems this new stuff runs better as current wot, unless Encore is a bad test as in: the real game will be much harder on your pc / laptop)

edit: i dont play much on my laptop nowadays, but in total i guess i played 15-20k games on it, i guess thats why i like slow heavys a lot, they wont f**k ur fps like bush camping, autoloaders or fast moving do :P

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

bunch of wallet warriors

Peasent.

Overclock your computer and you can totally legitimatly and with zero photoshopping have as good a computer as I can haz

V4VbwDM.png

1920X1200 (didn't detect automatically ...) and all sorts of things running in the background got me slightly over 16K @ultra with 3570K @4 GHz, 16GB of RAM and a GTX970. And loading all assets before the benchmark starts (running a Samsung SSD) is really complicated it seems - bench started out at 30-45FPS and than jumped up to 100+. WarGaming ...

On 12/25/2017 at 9:40 AM, Canadian_Reaper said:

Wait, I'm so computer unsavy that it's embarrassing, is the fact that I'm running an I5 2400 @3.1 ghz holding back the GTX 1050TI?

Know it's far from the best card, but the score on Ultra was just over 10K, (which they said was still "great result") but I saw some far higher scores with the same card on reddit...

Maybe slightly, overall it's a good pairing though!

AMD [email protected]

Sapphire RX480 @1342ghz

16g DDR3 @1866mhz

I got [email protected]

wotencore_24_12_2017_08_59_44.png

I got like 2000 on ultra and 9000 on minimum. But the minimum looked jumpy and laggy, even though that is supposedly an acceptable score.

Oh, I got some great toast afterwards!

On 26/12/2017 at 6:44 PM, GehakteMolen said:

bunch of wallet warriors

my pc could only test on medium (16000 score) and could not even test ultra, on my notebook i get:

(laptop gaming ftw)

wotencore_26_12_2017_18_28_07.png

wotencore_26_12_2017_18_33_51.png

(the medium thing said ``acceptable``, but it was lagging super mega hard (like 10 fps i think) so thats unplayable for sure

ps: it seems this new stuff runs better as current wot, unless Encore is a bad test as in: the real game will be much harder on your pc / laptop)

edit: i dont play much on my laptop nowadays, but in total i guess i played 15-20k games on it, i guess thats why i like slow heavys a lot, they wont f**k ur fps like bush camping, autoloaders or fast moving do :P

So that's why you like the KV-4 so freaking much. It's slow enough to not overwhelm the low amount of FPS you must have. 

It all makes sense now !  

8320 is @ 4.2 Ghz.

Only slightly worse than nuttydave's score, even though his i5 6500 is a much better processor than this POS... bad optimization for AMD cards maybe?

Also i really need a new CPU. this old shitty thing is making my room too hot.

Lsq1kpD.png

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Duy8Ygu.png

Have they changed something? I see other folks have full system specs in their screenies.

X5660 @ stock

24gb DDR3 1600

GTX1080

7 hours ago, woe2you said:

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Duy8Ygu.png

Have they changed something? I see other folks have full system specs in their screenies.

X5660 @ stock

24gb DDR3 1600

GTX1080

you upload from screenshots folder

@Tman450

the 580 is just a higher clocked 480 if i recall.

wotencore_28_12_2017_22_11_17.jpg

On 27/12/2017 at 4:37 AM, hoffersintx518 said:

UxfzdOC.png

@Errants GPU is your bottleneck.

I guess my extra 4gb of RAM and Windows 10 Pro beats you out by 125 points. Hehehehe.