Sgt. Pepper

New PC build ~$1000 budget

12 posts in this topic

So, after working during the holidays, I accumulated enough money so that I feel comfortable building a PC.

Here's the link to the pcpartpicker build.

A few notes on the build: The cooler is $27, but pcpartpicker doesn't know where to find the price for some reason.

The GPU also is displayed at 400 (which is retarded and I will never pay for) but that's at OutletPC and not Newegg (priced $270 however, it's out of stock and will wait until it becomes in-stock).

Thoughts?

Edit: I was talking to a friend about the wired NIC card and he says it's unnecessary so I'm scratching another 15 or so bucks off the build.

Better overall if intended for gaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qkxfKZ

You want higher RAM speeds for the ryzen. 1060 is probably better than the 580 if memory serves correct.
You can even use the stock cooler for the ryzen and be fine.

You should definitely go stock cooler for the 1600 if you're not looking to really push it with heavy overclocking.

I don't know the situation with the RX 580 but you might have to wait a looong time to pick it up at a decent price, right? Probably better of with gtx 1060 6gb - but don't forget to spend 1-2 hours overclocking it because it's really easy to get +10% performance without real downsides.

You might also look into buying an Intel i5-8400 instead of the ryzen

Edit: If you go for the ASRock mobo you won't need the network cards. It has both built-in.

I strongly suggest buying 16GB RAM from the start. With Ryzen and it's memory issues adding aditional RAM down the line may become more than a bit tricky.

1 hour ago, rumpage said:

Edit: If you go for the ASRock mobo you won't need the network cards. It has both built-in.

This

Unless you're in love with the case, you can drop down to a mid tower for your components. You wont need anything crazy. Id take those savings there, and throw another 30 at the RAM and get 3000hz

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gGWfKZ

12 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Unless you're in love with the case, you can drop down to a mid tower for your components. You wont need anything crazy. Id take those savings there, and throw another 30 at the RAM and get 3000hz

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gGWfKZ

I'd rather keep the current tower and even think I'm gonna stick with 8GB of RAM. The motherboard has 4 RAM slots, so if I need more ram, I can just order another stick.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'd rather keep the current tower and even think I'm gonna stick with 8GB of RAM. The motherboard has 4 RAM slots, so if I need more ram, I can just order another stick.

Do yourself a favor then and at least get a 3k mhz stick.

5 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Please up your budget then and get at minimum 3000hz RAM. Do not get anything less for Ryzen

4 hours ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Please up your budget then and get at minimum 3000hz RAM. Do not get anything less for Ryzen

I cannot increase my budget. I'm thinking about just getting 8gb @ 3000mhz instead of 16gb because I really do not want to go over 1000.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/r9sPbj

Cut down everything but necessities. Stick with the stock cooler as a $30 aftermarket wont be much different.

Edit: You can add noctuas/case fans/choose a better mobo with this setup and still fit your budget limitations. SSD is out of the question until you can save more $$$ imo. And 3TB so wtf not.