Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

230 posts in this topic

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/12/29/object-705a-branch-its-time-to-start-your-grind/

So basically they're redoing a bunch of the soviet lines, switching the T-10 to a potentially new line along with a lot of other stuff. I'm not sure what changes will be but would make sense to use the Object 705 as the tier 9 for the Object 705A as well. It does however branch from the IS so who knows. They also kept the 430v2 as a tier 9, so hopefully it stays in its current form. 430 gets downtiered and 430U goes live, having a 430 will let you keep the 430 and you get the 430U. Having a T-10 means starting off of the tier 9 from what could be an entirely different branch as well. 

This together with the TD changes make for a very big russian patch. So far it seems okay, 430U is OP but compared to the new level T10s are supposed to perform at it's fine I think. There's still some speculation to do about what tanks fill the gaps that these changes will leave, and also what tweaks will be made to them so I guess we'll see. I'm personally very interested in the T-10 right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In short, to be ready for this patch you need...

-- 430 bought and in garage
-- 430 v2 accumulating XP
-- T-10 accumulating XP
-- IS accumulating XP

All started as of an hour ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By bets for the new Tier X tank after the T10: Obj 777

It is im the game files for a long time. And it looks like a fast heavyum so it would make a logical successor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sr360 said:

In short, to be ready for this patch you need...

-- 430 bought and in garage
-- 430 v2 accumulating XP
-- T-10 accumulating XP
-- IS accumulating XP

All started as of an hour ago!

I loved my t-10, quickly rebought and retrained is7 guys for it; rebought IS with -60% christmas discount, probably retrain other medium crews on it (or should I go with 100% new guys? :thinking:), literally bought the 430 3 days ago and also kept the 430 v2 for purposes so its all good.

Don't have enough crew to grind all at once but we will try.

Basically these 4 tanks I have always enjoyed to play with so I'm very happy now. :)

2 minutes ago, hall0 said:

By bets for the new Tier X tank after the T10: Obj 777

It is im the game files for a long time. And it looks like a fast heavyum so it would make a logical successor. 

It would be wonderful. That tank is wonderful and I'm keeping my eyes on it for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait so you can start saving xp on the t-10 now or something I dont understand?

 

Also isn't there a problem here with crew training ie the only competitive tier 8 soviet heavy is the defender?? o.O for these new tanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

Also isn't there a problem here with crew training ie the only competitive tier 8 soviet heavy is the defender?? o.O for these new tanks

Seriously? At least they have a competitive T8 premium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kaneaaa said:

Wait so you can start saving xp on the t-10 now or something I dont understand?

 

Also isn't there a problem here with crew training ie the only competitive tier 8 soviet heavy is the defender?? o.O for these new tanks

 

Yes you can start saving XP on tanks now, it's not like they take it off you when they move a tank to a different tree (well sometimes but usually only if it moves in tier, in any case you never actually lose the XP you grind out, it always goes somewhere). This has been done at least as far back as patch 7.3 and looks unlikely to change ever.

As for the tanks, really? The IS-7 line is easily the most comfortable line in the entire game, there's not a bad tank in it and the 7, 8 and 9 in particular are still amazingly competitive in tier considering how old they are and how power-creeped a lot of the other lines have become. Not to mention that the IS-6 while being just another 175 pen 122mm tank is still sheltered MM which means at MOST you will see five tier nine tanks and usually less. The Defender is obviously quite broken as well so if you have that you're golden.

 

I'm looking forward to this patch quite a bit, as I suspect they'll re-balance some of the existing stalinium mobiles and that'll make me a very happy little tovarisch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaneaaa said:

Also isn't there a problem here with crew training ie the only competitive tier 8 soviet heavy is the defender?? o.O for these new tanks

 

That's only a problem if you want to train crews at tier 8, really. I much prefer to train my Soviet heavy crews in my KV 220 and Church III where at least I know 3/4 of my opponents also have subpar crews. I do love my Soviet heavy tanks though. I think there are 8 in my garage, 7 crewed, and 3 premiums (not counting the IS6b, which I've never played because equipping a second IS6 seems dumb).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IS -> IS-M -> T-10 (or Object 705) - Object 705A seems reasonable

A-44 -> 416 -> 430v2 > 62A (makes more sense than 140)

T-43 -> T-44 -> 430 and T-54 > 430U and 140 respectively

these are my current thoughts on how it could look, separating the RU meds a bit and short of the 62A connection which is ”armour” it would make sense

705A is confirmed as a new T10 so Obj 777 is less likely.

Maybe the IS-8 makes a return as a tier 9 to fill the T-10’s old slot? It makes sense to me, but without changes it’ll just be a shittier T-10 so who’d want it at all? 

Obj 705 confirmed as T9 after reading up a bit more, still unsure of where the T-10 will actually end up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kolni said:

IS -> IS-M -> T-10 (or Object 705) - Object 705A seems reasonable

A-44 -> 416 -> 430v2 > 62A (makes more sense than 140)

T-43 -> T-44 -> 430 and T-54 > 430U and 140 respectively

these are my current thoughts on how it could look, separating the RU meds a bit and short of the 62A connection which is ”armour” it would make sense

705A is confirmed as a new T10 so Obj 777 is less likely.

Maybe the IS-8 makes a return as a tier 9 to fill the T-10’s old slot? It makes sense to me, but without changes it’ll just be a shittier T-10 so who’d want it at all? 

Obj 705 confirmed as T9 after reading up a bit more, still unsure of where the T-10 will actually end up

IS-3 leads up to the 257 and T-10 minibranches.
430 II will probably lead up to some sort of rear turreted medium tank, not the 62A.
The Tier 10 of the T-10 will probably be the Obj 277/278 or the 770/777 (less likely due to similarities to 113 and turret placement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kolni said:

IS -> IS-M -> T-10 (or Object 705) - Object 705A seems reasonable

A-44 -> 416 -> 430v2 > 62A (makes more sense than 140)

T-43 -> T-44 -> 430 and T-54 > 430U and 140 respectively

these are my current thoughts on how it could look, separating the RU meds a bit and short of the 62A connection which is ”armour” it would make sense

705A is confirmed as a new T10 so Obj 777 is less likely.

Maybe the IS-8 makes a return as a tier 9 to fill the T-10’s old slot? It makes sense to me, but without changes it’ll just be a shittier T-10 so who’d want it at all? 

Obj 705 confirmed as T9 after reading up a bit more, still unsure of where the T-10 will actually end up

On russian server the following tanks have been teste:

and Obj 770 and Obj 277 / 278 as potential tier 10 heavys:

obj770.jpg

(obj 770)

obj277.jpg

(obj 277)

So potential tanks enough, all WG needs to do is make it both balanced and a bit historical (that 770 looks like a weakling, the 277 seems OP, so WGs turns what to do :p)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

On russian server the following tanks have been teste:

and Obj 770 and Obj 277 / 278 as potential tier 10 heavys:

obj770.jpg

(obj 770)

obj277.jpg

(obj 277)

So potential tanks enough, all WG needs to do is make it both balanced and a bit historical (that 770 looks like a weakling, the 277 seems OP, so WGs turns what to do :p)

 

Not sure I want another 130mm tank at Tier 10 what with the IS-7 and 5A. A 122 mil with laser pointer accuracy would be welcome, however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'd best grind out the rest of my IS7 on the T10 then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kaneaaa said:

Wait so you can start saving xp on the t-10 now or something I dont understand?

 

Also isn't there a problem here with crew training ie the only competitive tier 8 soviet heavy is the defender?? o.O for these new tanks

Just in my garage, I can cycle RU HT crews through the Church III, KV-5, IS-6, IS-5 and Obj 260. And I don't own the IS-3A, KV-220, IS-2 Berlin, Defender, or KV-220A. RU HT crew trainers are a dime a dozen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling that these new rear-turreted Russian HT's are going to be just like the Chryster GF, with amazing frontal armor and practically 0 weakspots.

Guess I'll powergrind the 430V2 though. I had hoped the 430 wouldn't be changed, it might not be the best of the tier X hovermeds but it was exactly what I was looking for (fast, tough, high dpm). Bleh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want weakspots use gold. That's WG's doctrine for over a year now. :kappa:

-

Found something interesting about the Obj 277 in the War Thunder Forum.  It was based on ideas from the Is7 and T-10. Hmm I want to change my bet from Obj 777 to 277.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/258986-soviet-heavy-tank-object-277/&

Development:

"In 1957 the Object 277 was developed by J.Y. Kotin's design bureau. The new tank was based on the ideas from the IS-7 and the T-10. Object 277 was armed with a 130 mm M-65 gun and a coaxial 14.5mm KPVT machine-gun. The gun was equipped with a Groza (Thunderstorm) 2-plane stabilizer and a night vision system. Ammunition consisted of 26 shells for the main gun and 250 rounds for the machine-gun. The tank had a diesel engine of 1,090hp. The Object 277 was equipped with an anti-nuclear defense system, a system of clearing the sights and a system for underwater river crossings. The crew consisted of four men, and the tank had good maneuverability. Two tanks were built in 1958."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lavawing said:

IS-3 leads up to the 257 and T-10 minibranches.
430 II will probably lead up to some sort of rear turreted medium tank, not the 62A.
The Tier 10 of the T-10 will probably be the Obj 277/278 or the 770/777 (less likely due to similarities to 113 and turret placement.

Yeah my reasoning went with fewer T10s implemented, 3 new T10s in a single patch seems like a bold move IMO

Edited by Kolni

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sapros said:

Seriously? At least they have a competitive T8 premium.

Which is only available once in 2 years.

4 hours ago, sr360 said:

Just in my garage, I can cycle RU HT crews through the Church III, KV-5, IS-6, IS-5 and Obj 260. And I don't own the IS-3A, KV-220, IS-2 Berlin, Defender, or KV-220A. RU HT crew trainers are a dime a dozen.

Yeah but it's kinda better if you can train them in something that makes credits. So a good t8 is nice. IS6 and kV5 are not good even at full gold spam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit confused, so both the IS and the T-10 will be part of a single new line, not two new lines? Does the IS-M follow the IS or is it the new tier 10 that follows the T-10?

Sorry if this seems dumb but somehow I'm not completely understanding WG's explanations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DHP said:

TqOEzXS_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

The new HT line comes off the IS, not the KV-13. (At least until WG changes it again.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DirtyACE7 said:

I'm a bit confused, so both the IS and the T-10 will be part of a single new line, not two new lines? Does the IS-M follow the IS or is it the new tier 10 that follows the T-10?

Sorry if this seems dumb but somehow I'm not completely understanding WG's explanations.

drzewkoZSRR.jpg

The 430v2 => New rear turreted Tier X is missing from this pic. It will be implemented later (but is confirmed by WG)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vesirott said:

drzewkoZSRR.jpg

So many crews....

 

So far, this means seven active Russian grinders in my garage: SU-122-54, T-54ltwt, T-44, Obj 416, IS-3, IS, T-10. (IObj 268, S-4 and IS-7 done.)  :drunk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.