Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

230 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this as I wasn't sure where to put it.

I'm back playing tenks after a 6 month hiatus and I'm really enjoying the game again.

I spotted this thread and decided i was going to drop all my grinds and concentrate on getting the 430.

I had to start at the A43 and I'm now up to the 416( holy shit what a tank! I almost rage sold it at the start but instead rage free xp'd the top gun, that was a fantastic decision. A big thank you to the chap in the closed 416 thread who said "it's the best T8 TD" as that was the key for me in figuring it out) .

Anywho, so I'll have the 430 II unlocked this evening as I only need another 20k xp.  So here's my problem/ question. I'm not sure when the patch will drop in Feb. I only get to play for a few hours per evening so I'm not sure if I'm going to get through the 300k xp grind required to get the 430 in time once this 48% Christmas bonus finishes and we're back to normal levels of xp accumulation. 

I'm thinking maybe I should free xp a lump of the 430 II  grind.  But to do this I'll need to build up free xp and credits on prems. 

My plan was to power grind my good credit earning prems in parallel with the 430 II to accumulate the xp and the credits I'll need for the 430 as I'll need to keep the 430 II in my garage. Does this sound like the correct strategy to get the 2 tier 10's for the price of 1?

So what I have on the lines.

IS7 in garage

T10 in garage with 100k that I don't want to convert as I want the new T10 heavy too.

60k free xp already

7k gold

I have hundreds of boosters ( I actually never noticed them before so they were just sitting in there unused)

Loads of T8 prems.

So does this sound like a good strategy to get to the 430 before the patch drops? Does anyone have an alternative one maybe?

The crucial thing forcing me to do it this way is I don't get a lot of time to play each day and I'm not very good.

Sorry for the text wall. Not only am I shit at tanks I'm also shit at posting so sorry if none of this makes sense  :-(

@zbran it's hard to say for you. It's your choice to spend real money to reach the 430 in time. Yes it's worth it to power grind the 430 II to 430 to get a free T9 (you get a free T9 not a free T10) also if you miss the 430 then you will have to go back throught the T-44 to get it (btw). But is worth it to spend free xp on a very good T9 ? You tell me. 

For info : 

January 18 – first 9.22 Common Test
February (around the end)– release of the final 9.22 patch
March – the big one – World of Tanks 1.0 (aka WoT HD maps)

--------------------------

On a side note i made myself some notes to see what crew i have and how many new crews i need for 9.22. 

Anybody got any comment on my selection of keeper tanks ? 

bvWukTE.png

@DHP. I have no issue with spending the gold required to get the free xp to get the tanks. I was really just checking that my logic was fairly sound for what I want to do as outlined in the post above. 

I was just checking that one of you didn't say "that's a bloody stupid way of getting there, do this instead"

I'm going to have to reluctantly sell the 416 to finance the 430 II ( I will buy it back immediately when I'm finished this grind as I love it).  This will leave me with 4 million odd credits for the 430, so the credit side of the grind won't be harsh and this will allow liberal gold spam in my prems to maximise xp farming.

The reality is I'm looking at this option, as kind of an insurance policy to make sure I can get the 430 before the patch drops.

@DHP Is there any information on how the 430 will be nerfed when down tiered (e.g. HP, DPM, pen, gun handling, etc.)? Why keep it and the T-54 (and T-55A)?

Because it's sexy? My guess is they'll just give it the same gun choices as the 54 but with better dpm and worse handling. Tho I guess there's a chance they try to find a higher alpha option to keep in line. 

2 hours ago, Ezz said:

Because it's sexy? My guess is they'll just give it the same gun choices as the 54 but with better dpm and worse handling. Tho I guess there's a chance they try to find a higher alpha option to keep in line. 

430 will get 122 with 390 alpha

4 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

430 will get 122 with 390 alpha

Any specs on it? I fear >0.4 accuracy. I dream of guard accuracy.

1 hour ago, Ezz said:

Any specs on it? I fear >0.4 accuracy. I dream of guard accuracy.

Afaik it had pretty good bloom but shitty accuracy and very shitty gold pen, might be a placeholder doe

14 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Same alpha as a tier 9 NATO medium, but with bad accuracy? That doesn't sound appealing.

It can overmatch Swedish TDs so it has that going for it, also the 430's armor at tier 9 could be really trollish.

Im also surprised that it's just 390 alpha instead of 440, though. Maybe they'll change that

-The tier 10 following the T-10 will be the Obj. 777 II
-The tank following the Obj. 430 II will not have a fully traversable turret.
-Both tanks will come in 9.22.

According to TAP. Wonder if the 777 will get updated before release, it doesn't seem too impressive on tanks.gg.

So my first guess was correct. Even though the Obj 277 looked a bit more fitting. 

Maybe they are gonna  change it again in the future. 

Wait a tick, weren't they supposed to come eventually? Isn't 9.22's common test right around the corner?

10 hours ago, Sapros said:

Wait a tick, weren't they supposed to come eventually? Isn't 9.22's common test right around the corner?

Sometimes Soon™ means soon.

I guess it's a toss up between who is more likely to know what WG is doing... WG, or this TAP insider.

12 hours ago, Kolni said:

Honestly thought 777v2 was more fitting for the 430v2 considering the low silhouette and rear turret, but on an armoured platform

The 777 is centered, the hull is just loooooooong.

All I want is a turreted TD line that leads to the Obj 268 V5, that thing is sexy.

The 777 looks pretty awful, you can see it was designed/balanced for the game about 2/3 years ago. It's got the same DPM as the T-10 with actual worse handling and the armour is not a massive upgrade though potentially trolly. Even has less view range and arguably worse mobility considering the traverse rate and ground resistances. 

Expect to see it buffed otherwise no one is grinding that.

The 430 on tier 9 with a 122 and 390 alpha seems a bit pointless to me, you'd expect 440, hopefully they'll change that. Current armour layout for a tier 9 though should be pretty good. 

I'm currently on the 430 2, having good times with that tank, couple collapsing team games have just dipped my DPG below 3k but I think I should be able to get it back up and that is without full HEAT spam and I'm averaging like 1200 damage blocked a game which is better than I do in many heavies.  Grind to unlock the 430 should be a breeze, shame the credit grind is going to be awful. 

Did I hear the new tanks hit test today  (18th)? Anyone seen stats? 

CT is out but I cant be arsed to jump through the download-install hoop. I would kindly ask someone to post their opinion on the 705 and 705a though.

2 hours ago, Vesirott said:

CT is out but I cant be arsed to jump through the download-install hoop. I would kindly ask someone to post their opinion on the 705 and 705a though.

I'm downloading it now while I get some work done. I want to try out the 430U, but I'll take a look at the 705s and report back. I'm definitely not going to bother with the TDs. :nanoserb:

Edit:

uEdSP5y.png

:cri:

9 minutes ago, Kolni said:

430 has 248 pen on the gold APCR round, just instasell it :serb: 

Wow! That's an easy decision (if it stays that way).