Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

230 posts in this topic

The obj430u on the other hands seems to be quite some fun, the armor seems damn nice, gun is also good.

The Object 257 side armor is absolutely nuts. It's 140 mm thick and angled like a T-22. :serb:

A side drive wheel shot does no damage:

EXzXNFn.png

:facepalm:

FFS. This is also no damage.

G6YHk7F.png

Edit: Those are screenshots from Circon's stream. I disavow all knowledge of that gun pen/armor thickness mod thingy.

This is a no-damage ricochet:

XZLpy32.png

25 minutes ago, monjardin said:

The Object 257 side armor is absolutely nuts. It's 140 mm thick and angled like a T-22. :serb:

A side drive wheel shot does no damage:

EXzXNFn.png

:facepalm:

FFS. This is also no damage.

G6YHk7F.png

Edit: Those are screenshots from Circon's stream. I disavow all knowledge of that gun pen/armor thickness mod thingy.

This is a no-damage ricochet:

XZLpy32.png

I think i can hear SirFoch screaming: RUSHAAAAAAA

Yeah, I was just about to come here and say the same thing. I guess I'll never return to playing my tier 10s and 9s if shit like this is getting pushed to live...

One nice thing about the Object 705 grind is that you get all the guns unlocked from the Object 257 and IS-7. All you need is the turret, tracks and engine.

Another tank that's shit to play and shit to play against. GJ. This will go to live, they will just make it even worse to play

The Object 430U is fun. The armor works and the derpiness is manageable up close.

The slow rear-turreted heavy line is slow and rear-turreted. It's not my cup of tea. The tier 9 and 10 will probably call for a lot of gold spam for the same reasons the IS-7 does. The rounded corners of the IS-M upper front plate can be problematic when side-scrapping. The turret roof of the 705 can be over-matched unlike the IS-7. The line seems decently balanced overall.

The real story of the patch though, is the Object 257. It's just better than the T-10 and WZ-111 1-4. It feels like a tier 10. I also don't know of any other tank that simply cannot be tracked and damaged at the same time from any (reasonable) angle.

3 hours ago, Kolni said:

430 has 248 pen on the gold APCR round, just instasell it :serb: 

WHAT THE FUCK.

M4 51 has 270 AP premium and people complain about it..

2 minutes ago, DHP said:

WHAT THE FUCK.

M4 51 has 270 AP premium and people complain about it..

It is weird how the 430U is a better 121, but the 430 is an incredibly gimped WZ-120. I imagine that the 430 and 257 will be changed before release.

Tier 8 looks like it'll be the free xp sink of the line unless it gets changed. 212 base pen and 240 on APCR, ew. And of course the gun isnt used on anything else. The 9 & 10 appear to be the usual RUSHA balancing.

15 minutes ago, skyf24 said:

Tier 8 looks like it'll be the free xp sink of the line unless it gets changed. 212 base pen and 240 on APCR, ew. And of course the gun isnt used on anything else. The 9 & 10 appear to be the usual RUSHA balancing.

I actually feel like the IS-M is the best of the 3 tier-for-tier. It's better than a KV-4 at KV-4 things.

Just now, monjardin said:

I actually feel like the IS-M is the best of the 3 tier-for-tier.

May i ask why? I didn't look too closely at them all but it looked like one of the weakest to me.

3 minutes ago, skyf24 said:

May i ask why? I didn't look too closely at them all but it looked like one of the weakest to me.

The armor is usable. The DPM, gun handling and mobility aren't bad. It can side-scrape like a boss with an extremely tiny cupola. It's just not bad at playing corridors at tier 8.

The 705's have potato gun handling with below average penetration and low DPM. They are hull down beasts, but the lower plates are week and it's possible to over-match the turret roofs with some elevation.

It's not that they are really bad. They just don't demand rushing past the tier 8 in my humble opinion. Other opinions could vary, and I wouldn't argue. 

I for one am going to proceed with grinding out the last 100k XP on the Object 430 before the patch and not worry about the rear-turret line.

My only dilemma is whether or not to train a new crew for the 257 and keep the T-10. I'm leaning towards keeping the T-10 and training a new crew because the mobility and gun handling of the T-10 make it appreciably different than the 257.

1 minute ago, monjardin said:

The armor is usable. The DPM, gun handling and mobility aren't bad. It can side-scrape like a boss with an extremely tiny cupola. It's just not bad at playing corridors at tier 8.

The 705's have potato gun handling with below average penetration and low DPM. They are hull down beasts, but the lower plates are week and it's possible to over-match the turret roofs with some elevation.

It's not that they are really bad. They just don't demand rushing past the tier 8 in my humble opinion. Other opinions could vary, and I wouldn't argue. 

I for one am going to proceed with grinding out the last 100k XP on the Object 430 before the patch and not worry about the rear-turret line.

My only dilemma is whether or not to train a new crew for the 257 and keep the T-10. I'm leaning towards keeping the T-10 and training a new crew because the mobility and gun handling of the T-10 make it appreciably different than the 257.

Hmm, may be better than i expected. Trying to deal with super heavies with gold pen just looks like a pain though. I just thought the 705s looked cool and kinda different, although I haven't even bought the IS to start putting xp on it for the update. 

Finished my 430 grind last night, can't wait for the 430u. 

I still have an IS-2 Berlin crew that hasn't been used at all, probably going to either throw them in the IS with this weekends discount or start running them through my prems. I'm a bit burnt out on rear turrets having just done A-44 to 430 in a week and finishing up the VK B to be able to get the Pz 7 on discount.

2 minutes ago, skyf24 said:

I still have an IS-2 Berlin crew that hasn't been used at all, probably going to either throw them in the IS with this weekends discount or start running them through my prems. I'm a bit burnt out on rear turrets having just done A-44 to 430 in a week and finishing up the VK B to be able to get the Pz 7 on discount.

LOL. That does sound like rear-turret overload.

I will say that the 705A looks fantastic with that gun barrel wrap.

Just what the game needed. More idiot proof russian vehicles you need luck/premium to pen. 

Promising start to the year. 

I saw Anfields pen test video on the Obj 257 yesterday and I am concerned. The 430U he used to pen it wasn't able to pen the sides reliable. (I tell you nothing new here :P) 

But why I am concerned is the following. WG can't really change this. Unlike the German box tanks or this turret bug one post above, the armor does not come from thickness. It is just ridiculous angled. And I can't think of a case WG changed the angling of armor plates. At least not in a huge amount like it would be necessary here. So what can they do? Change the whole model or at least the hitbox model to an unrealistic but gameplay acceptable level? Make the sides overmatchable? 

This whole angled sidearmor, spaced armor bullshit which creates blackholes eating all the shells was always on of the reasons Russian tanks forgive mistakes and make it perfect beginners. But this is a whole new level of bullshit. 

Everybody probably missed it but they are also buffing T-44, T-54prot, T-44-100

• -54 first prototype
    • Changed the engine power of the V-44 engine from 520 h.p. to 760 h.p.
  • T-44-100
    • Decreased dispersion during movement by 40%
    • Decreased dispersion on hull traverse by 40%
    • Changed the reverse speed from 20 km/h to 23 km/h
    • Changed the engine power of the V-44 engine from 520 h.p. to 760 h.p.
  • Т-44
    • Decreased dispersion during movement with the T-44 suspension by 20%
    • Decreased dispersion during movement with the T-44M suspension by 22%
    • Decreased dispersion on hull traverse with the T-44 suspension by 20%
    • Decreased dispersion on hull traverse with the T-44M suspension by 22%
    • Changed the reverse speed from 20 km/h to 23 km/h
    • Changed the engine power of the V-54-6 engine from 680 h.p. to 760 h.p.

I would never thought it was possible but WG made the 257 just a better T-10.. What the fuck has this game become..

But surely half of the population already has a t10,  so why buff the replacement? Has their incompetence progressed to a new level?