Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

102 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, hall0 said:

I saw Anfields pen test video on the Obj 257 yesterday and I am concerned. The 430U he used to pen it wasn't able to pen the sides reliable. (I tell you nothing new here :P) 

But why I am concerned is the following. WG can't really change this. Unlike the German box tanks or this turret bug one post above, the armor does not come from thickness. It is just ridiculous angled. And I can't think of a case WG changed the angling of armor plates. At least not in a huge amount like it would be necessary here. So what can they do? Change the whole model or at least the hitbox model to an unrealistic but gameplay acceptable level? Make the sides overmatchable? 

This whole angled sidearmor, spaced armor bullshit which creates blackholes eating all the shells was always on of the reasons Russian tanks forgive mistakes and make it perfect beginners. But this is a whole new level of bullshit. 

I guess they could try turning the turret armor into hot dogshit 

5 hours ago, hall0 said:

I saw Anfields pen test video on the Obj 257 yesterday and I am concerned. The 430U he used to pen it wasn't able to pen the sides reliable. (I tell you nothing new here :P) 

The people in these videos are purposely not shooting in the right places. Unlike the IS-3/IS-7, you can pen the side of the 257 on the hull above the tracks (i.e. the part that isn’t sloping downward). I think it’s about 200 mm effective. Also, the pike nose gets even weaker when overangling the side. This is all without mentioning that the entire turret roof is overmatchable.

That won’t be a problem for tier 9 and 10, but the tank will shit on tier 7 and 8 like most other tier 9 heavies do. 

Circon’s real gripe was that it reversed everything you’ve learned about shooting the sides of high-tier IS tanks. You need to shoot the 257 side in what would be the spaced armor blackhole of an IS-3 or IS-7 side.