Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

230 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, sr360 said:

No, that would be after 3 pages of T49 shots.

And 2 more pages of twitch clips of just my FV4005 pens. 

Maus turret for 2k, E100 turret, E3 LFP on the move, Type 4 snapshot pen frontally (no idea where it hit) and hitting a hulldown pixel of a T-44 for 900 while drivning downhill at 55kph

almost forgot about the IS-7 UFP pen. That’s just off the top of my head. Accuracy is a joke with RNG on sigma and pen

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

Accuracy is a joke with RNG on sigma and pen

Did we really need Kolni to say it?

14 hours ago, leggasiini said:

And a shitty base accuracy. All of these new tanks, all of them, has among the shittiest base accuracies in the tier.

I have played them all on test, and they all suck. Tons of new heavies with sub-par penetration and gold-pennable in UFP (you need a good gold shell, though). True, test is a gold rich-environment, but gun on Pz.Kpfw. VII is just pure sex compared to those. Armor is situational, and sides are weak (when you learn where the space armor lies. I give it 3 months as a novelty, just like

0.4 on a med is a very bad thing. But the armor/speed/alpha/pen (340 pen is huge on a NEW med - remember those introduced the last all have 300/310 HEAT despite armor creep) combo will allow aggressive unicums/goldspammers to achieve good results.Shell speed and pen (AP) +0.4 makes it bad at anything besides stomping lower tiers.

Obj 257 is a sinnful love, though. and it stomps all over tier 8s, while new Soviet 10s don't do the save over 9s.

It simply cements the tier 9 as a best tier to play 8-10. or back down to sealclubbing in T67/pick your choice tier 6.

I still prefer 0.38/2.5/440 at tier 9 than 0.4/2.3/440. Pen too is the same:).

Obj 257 has even stronker turret. Good luck with hatches and overmatch if you stay out of 50 m zone. Good apcr still goes through 430U turret (300 mm), through 350 mm Stalinum? Nope.

The best thing is that i have nothing new to research. I will get elited best OP tank from all newly introduced, with retrained crew and Equipment at it, and 1.7 million of free silver when i sell T-10

WZ 111 1-4 can sit in corner and cry. as pretty much every other tier 9 heavy. 

6 hours ago, monjardin said:

The shot distribution got nerfed pretty hard a while back. IIRC, it was patch 9.6. That change, for example, turned the FCM 50t from a snap-shot king to a POS. I think you've been slightly less like to hit the edge of the reticle since then, but with 0.4+ dispersion you really need to hit the center at anything but face-hugging range.

Nope. They tried changing to an even distribution (which would have been a nerf) in the first round of sandbox (never live)and literally everyone freaked out because no one could hit anything. So they quickly chickened out and went back to centre weighted. 

Which was the wrong move, instead they should have kept it even BUT then buffed the accuracy across the board for any tanks supposed to be accurate by a significant amount. By that I mean instead of 0.29 being accurate something more like 0.029. 

That means inaccurate tanks won’t be able to bull crap snapshot a third of the time any more and accurate tanks won’t care all that much about 25% RNG because except for at extreme range their shot will go to where they are aiming. 

Right now accuracy is devalued and it is a very poor way to balance a stupidly armoured heavy by giving it an apparently poor value. 

4 hours ago, sr360 said:

No, that would be after 3 pages of T49 shots.

Agreed... I don’t know how I forgot about that one. 

11 hours ago, Kolni said:

Type 4 snapshot pen frontally (no idea where it hit)

Hit that "weakspot" and RNG penroll? That thingie is 230 mm thick so slight highroll with pen should be enough to pen the Type 4

11 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

Nope. They tried changing to an even distribution (which would have been a nerf) in the first round of sandbox (never live)and literally everyone freaked out because no one could hit anything. So they quickly chickened out and went back to centre weighted. 

Which was the wrong move, instead they should have kept it even BUT then buffed the accuracy across the board for any tanks supposed to be accurate by a significant amount. By that I mean instead of 0.29 being accurate something more like 0.029. 

That means inaccurate tanks won’t be able to bull crap snapshot a third of the time any more and accurate tanks won’t care all that much about 25% RNG because except for at extreme range their shot will go to where they are aiming. 

Right now accuracy is devalued and it is a very poor way to balance a stupidly armoured heavy by giving it an apparently poor value. 

Not nope. It was changed. They tried changing it more/again in sandbox. 

11 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

By that I mean instead of 0.29 being accurate something more like 0.029. 

Pls.. let's be serious here. Do we really want AW pixel weakpoints introduced ? C'mon..

14 hours ago, monjardin said:

I’m pretty sure that if you do a Google image search for “lucky shot,” you’ll see a giphy of your IS-2 snapshot on the move at 400 m. 

It was more than once: I think a couple of times happend on live oaks  where I shot some LTs that were trying to spot in D5-6. I am pretty sure it has happend other times aswell.

Interesting to see the different opinions on these tanks, from what I've seen of people who garnish things from the RU forums, they are pretty 'meh' about all of them, many thinking the heavies are quite weak, whilst many EU claiming they are OP.

They also seem less bothered by the 257 as well, though some have apparently highlighted it as broken, others want the roof buffed. 

Then you have someone like Orzy thinking the tank is weak and not a problem, then another CC like Circon thinking it's the worst thing they ever put in the game.

WG are shit at balancing, but it does show that it is hard when you have such wide ranging feedback on stuff. 

I mean personally I think the 268 v5 is broken because of the armour layout, but I have seen plenty of people complaining that it needs buffing.

Problem with the Object 268 V4 in especial is that it is extremely minmaxed, but minmaxed differently than many other minmax tank.  268 V4 goes to whole next level and has very unusual combination of minmaxed stats:

- ridiculous straight line mobility; as mobile as mediums

- frontal armor is basically T95 levels; basically a fuck you to majority of gold shells

- very high penetration

- it has extremely bad traverse speed

- the gun stats are so terrible that if the pen was lower, the gun would be flat out worse than the ISU-152's gun, a tier 8 TD!. As whole, the gun is worse than not just any tier 10 TD but also worse than any tier 9 TD.

- awkward rear casemate and poor gun depression

Shit gun (with some quite strong parameters, I.E pen and alpha, while lower than most T10 TDs, is still high) on very broken but wonky platform. This thing has speed AND broken retardproof armor. Its very hard to say how it will be. In some scenarios its basically a horseshit version of 268 (which is also horseshit), in some scenarios its a turretless medium tank with more front armor than super-heavies and alpha and pen close to T10 TD levels.

Its no doubt utterly broken, as its minmaxed like that but will it actually be good or bad as a tank, its hard to say.

General problem with these tanks is that they are "balanced" with utter shit base accuracy which just makes them frustrating to play. AFAIK Russians factor tanks more from how fun they are to play; thats why they dont think that the Defender or Type 4/5 is as bad as we do; they think they are also very annoying to play with, not just annoying to play against. I guess the same problem with all of these new Russian tanks.

13 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Problem with the Object 268 V4 in especial is that it is extremely minmaxed, but minmaxed differently than many other minmax tank.  268 V4 goes to whole next level and has very unusual combination of minmaxed stats:

- ridiculous straight line mobility; as mobile as mediums

- frontal armor is basically T95 levels; basically a fuck you to majority of gold shells

- very high penetration

- it has extremely bad traverse speed

- the gun stats are so terrible that if the pen was lower, the gun would be flat out worse than the ISU-152's gun, a tier 8 TD!. As whole, the gun is worse than not just any tier 10 TD but also worse than any tier 9 TD.

- awkward rear casemate and poor gun depression

Shit gun (with some quite strong parameters, I.E pen and alpha, while lower than most T10 TDs, is still high) on very broken but wonky platform. This thing has speed AND broken retardproof armor. Its very hard to say how it will be. In some scenarios its basically a horseshit version of 268 (which is also horseshit), in some scenarios its a turretless medium tank with more front armor than super-heavies and alpha and pen close to T10 TD levels.

Its no doubt utterly broken, as its minmaxed like that but will it actually be good or bad as a tank, its hard to say.

General problem with these tanks is that they are "balanced" with utter shit base accuracy which just makes them frustrating to play. AFAIK Russians factor tanks more from how fun they are to play; thats why they dont think that the Defender or Type 4/5 is as bad as we do; they think they are also very annoying to play with, not just annoying to play against. I guess the same problem with all of these new Russian tanks.

Was watching Dezgames play it, it looked pretty strong to be honest.

Gun is not really shit, sure base accuracy is bad, but look at aim time and dispersion, it's better than a Cent AX. (Ok cent AX can raise a v-stab but still) 

It's 0.12/0/12/0.10 with 1.92s, no other tier 10 TD comes close to those figures, in some cases it has half the movement traverse or better. 

For a 650 alpha gun with 293 pen, that is not much bloom to deal with and even then it aims in fast. 

Then another key point Dez pointed out was that reverse speed, 22kph, with 20 hp/ton. 

So you have this tank with insane frontal armour, very good straight line mobility, very good reverse speed and very good bloom for a TD, able to poke out, fast aim in, shoot and quickly retreat. 

Base accuracy is crap, DPM is crap and traverse is crap. For a fast assault TD, the DPM and traverse make no sense to be honest. Base accuracy though makes sense.

They have sort of tried to make this thing a more extreme yolo wagon ( though why the 263 needed to be moved from this role is beyond me) but the DPM and traverse make little sense.

But based on the feedback I have seen I wouldn't be surprised to see both the DPM and traverse buffed. Issue is the armour, no real weakspots aside a 50/50 to most tier 10 cupolas and a tiny lower plate. 

This needs to be fixed. There is no reason not to have a hit box for the transmission at the rear of the Object 257.

UuYSl56.png

I kept wondering why rear-wheel shots weren't penetrating even though there appears to be flat hull behind the wheels. They fucked up the model.

If they modeled the rear transmission as a hit box, then I wonder if you could penetrate that area from the front when the tank is side-scraping?

Also, all those spaced armor bands should not be going across the whole bottom of the tank (not that it would really matter).

6 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Interesting to see the different opinions on these tanks, from what I've seen of people who garnish things from the RU forums, they are pretty 'meh' about all of them, many thinking the heavies are quite weak, whilst many EU claiming they are OP.

They also seem less bothered by the 257 as well, though some have apparently highlighted it as broken, others want the roof buffed. 

Then you have someone like Orzy thinking the tank is weak and not a problem, then another CC like Circon thinking it's the worst thing they ever put in the game.

WG are shit at balancing, but it does show that it is hard when you have such wide ranging feedback on stuff. 

I mean personally I think the 268 v5 is broken because of the armour layout, but I have seen plenty of people complaining that it needs buffing.

RU players are mostly stupid. They all come to CT to play FV4005 which does not care about armour or anything. While I can agree on having differnt opinions about OP/nonOP tanks I take their opinion like a grain of salt. 

Moving on to another topic I was testing the 430U and I have noticed:

-armour is strong especially the turret since even the side of it can bounce 268's AP shells; it is no however invicible with the lower plate being ofc weak. Still unsure about 330-340 HEAT resistance of the upf (meaning how much and how well). It is a monster at sidescraping (tested only reverse though as I could not go further because I got balanced by a Type 5)

-gun is good even a distance (tested without vents or food just bia; could still hit targets from Prok hill to middle) but cant snap or shoot on the move; this can bring down the effective dpm due to longer time to aim at weakspots (I mostly used AP) or tracking shots. Still with a little of aim you can pull off nice shots. Alpha is godly.

-mobility wise it is sluggish but gets from A to B with not to many complains. Not very agile (way worse than the 62A)

Unfortunately you cant test the armour correctly due to the shit teams that die in the first 3 minutes and the derp guns spam. 

Please show me where's the frontal weakspot of the 268 ver 4? Since I couldnt fucking find it while I was shooting at it.

AAAnnd btw nice ninjabuff on the T-44. while everyone complains about the bullshit armored high tier tanks, T-44 gets buffed and nobody even notices.:nanoserb::nanoserb:

3 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

AAAnnd btw nice ninjabuff on the T-44. while everyone complains about the bullshit armored high tier tanks, T-44 gets buffed and nobody even notices.:nanoserb::nanoserb:

:minidoge:

1 minute ago, SaintLaurentius said:

"Nobody" as in the official forums retards, I've seen that video and good catch by him. 

You cant expect any more advanced stuff from regular official forum pubbie. For them arty should get armor, hit points and mobility.

50 minutes ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Please show me where's the frontal weakspot of the 268 ver 4? Since I couldnt fucking find it while I was shooting at it.

Casemate with heat, lowerLFP, LFP with heat again and the miniscule T bar on the top it.

edit: sorry UPF with heat.

3 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

:jealous:

http://forum.wotlabs.net/index.php?/topic/27596-new-russian-tanks-coming-with-update-922/&do=findComment&comment=779015

3 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

:jealous:

Is it just me or did the 430U just redefine heavium?  They could have given it a 320 alpha gun and it still would be a solid front line brawler, instead they give it a 440 alpha gun wth NATO handling.  I had zero intent to grind this line . . . but damn it looks like a fun tank with such obviously abusive traits.

It will laugh at tier 10s when positioned well.  Imagine meeting tier 8s!

11 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

The lower lower plate has 200 EFA if you like to do some pixelshooting, though it is hard to find ingame without using the penindicator or you go for a 50/50 shot throough the cupola.

Or you can always load the gold like Murazar intended and go for a 50/50 shot through the superstructure or LFP.

2 hours ago, Fabunil said:

The lower lower plate has 200 EFA if you like to do some pixelshooting, though it is hard to find ingame without using the penindicator or you go for a 50/50 shot throough the cupola.

Or you can always load the gold like Murazar intended and go for a 50/50 shot through the superstructure or LFP.

UFP is autopen for 330 HEAT due to increased ricochet values.