Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

230 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

RU players are mostly stupid. They all come to CT to play FV4005 which does not care about armour or anything. While I can agree on having differnt opinions about OP/nonOP tanks I take their opinion like a grain of salt. 

Moving on to another topic I was testing the 430U and I have noticed:

-armour is strong especially the turret since even the side of it can bounce 268's AP shells; it is no however invicible with the lower plate being ofc weak. Still unsure about 330-340 HEAT resistance of the upf (meaning how much and how well). It is a monster at sidescraping (tested only reverse though as I could not go further because I got balanced by a Type 5)

-gun is good even a distance (tested without vents or food just bia; could still hit targets from Prok hill to middle) but cant snap or shoot on the move; this can bring down the effective dpm due to longer time to aim at weakspots (I mostly used AP) or tracking shots. Still with a little of aim you can pull off nice shots. Alpha is godly.

-mobility wise it is sluggish but gets from A to B with not to many complains. Not very agile (way worse than the 62A)

Unfortunately you cant test the armour correctly due to the shit teams that die in the first 3 minutes and the derp guns spam. 

 

From what I have heard the Russian forums are actually pretty well informed and less of a shit show than the other forums, they apparently discuss stuff much constructively and give better feedback.

The retards on the test are not likely the same people, most of those guys probably haven't even got past tier 8 yet, that is what is annoying about the public test, they let morons with no clue how to play run wild with unlimited options. 

430U IMO is currently hands down the best tier 10 med for the meta. 

  • 340 HEAT pen. 
  • Turret better than a 113 and T-62A
  • UFP that is 260-270 effective to AP
  • Strong side scraper due to 90mm sides and some troll angling on the upper part + spaced armour.
  • 440 alpha for trading.
  • Can overmatch Strvs. 
  • Acceptable DPM.
  • Good gun handling for that alpha, much better than say 113 or Obj. 260 have to deal with.
  • Decent mobility, especially agility, has great traverse even if it isn't the fastest in a straight line.
  • Higher base camo than the Bat Chat, cos reasons.

 

I mean really aside the accuracy and maybe the hp/ton, it's got zero weaknesses.

Clearly needs toning down IMO otherwise it will be the ultimate pub stomper. 

 

14 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Please show me where's the frontal weakspot of the 268 ver 4? Since I couldnt fucking find it while I was shooting at it.

 

AAAnnd btw nice ninjabuff on the T-44. while everyone complains about the bullshit armored high tier tanks, T-44 gets buffed and nobody even notices.:nanoserb::nanoserb:

 

EU forum noticed, there is a thread on it.

Also forget T-44, look at T-44-100 buffs -

  • Nearly 23 hp/ton
  • Ground resistances better than a T-62A (and T-44)
  • Slightly faster than a T-44, 23 kph reverse speed
  • I think best in class dispersion values (0.12/0.12/0.11) (better than T-44)
  • 1.92 aim time (better than T-44)
  • 3rd or 4th best DPM of tier 8 meds
  • Got all the same armour buffs as the T-44, so decent turret against other tier 8s and lower tiers, with several troll 300 plus effective spots. 
  • Got the same pen buffs as well the patch before, so now has 247mm APCR rather than the old like 235 or whatever it was. 
  • Even has 50 HP more than the T-44. 
  • T-44/T-44-100 have joint 3rd best camo of any tier 8 med.

Basically for a tier 8 med it has some usable armour, top gun handling, good DPM, very good camo and now close to light tank mobility (better acceleration than the GF Bulldog) 

The other crap tier 8s are crying in the corner. 

 

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Is it just me or did the 430U just redefine heavium?  They could have given it a 320 alpha gun and it still would be a solid front line brawler, instead they give it a 440 alpha gun wth NATO handling.  I had zero intent to grind this line . . . but damn it looks like a fun tank with such obviously abusive traits.

Basically yes, don't see much point in the 121, 113, Obj. 260 at all. 

It's far too good, it has heavy tank armour, heavy tank gun but with medium camo, mobility and gun handling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the 430 in my garage, so I should get a free tank.

Is there any reason to rebuy the T-10 other than grinding for the new heavy (i.e. will it net me another free tank)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tajj7 I agree. We are getting a super tier X medium/heavy/td/lt which knowing WG will not be OP for them.

Litteraly we talking about a tank that has: 

-better armour than the E50m; best UFP way better than 50m/113 by miles, LFP is decent. Fantastic side armour.

- best alpha for a medium tied with the 121

-best turret, better than 62a and 113 and just worse than IS7

-good handling comparable to the 50m

-best camo even though it is bigger than a Bat and close to tier X Lts non russian

-Dispersion that can go down to .35

 

Meanwhile they cant buff the Leo1 because it would be too OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

UFP is autopen for 330 HEAT due to increased ricochet values.

Unless you are shooting down on it you are better off shooting at the super structure or LFP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Statpadderer said:

I have the 430 in my garage, so I should get a free tank.

Is there any reason to rebuy the T-10 other than grinding for the new heavy (i.e. will it net me another free tank)?

T-10 gets you the free Obj. 257 at the moment, unless they come to their sense and cancel that broken thing. 

If you have a T-10 in the garage you will have a 257 in your garage, so for re-buying one tier 9, you'll get two tier 9s. It's neutral credit wise but it's two tier 9s and opens up a route to a new tier 10. 

59 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

@tajj7 I agree. We are getting a super tier X medium/heavy/td/lt which knowing WG will not be OP for them.

Litteraly we talking about a tank that has: 

-better armour than the E50m; best UFP way better than 50m/113 by miles, LFP is decent. Fantastic side armour.

- best alpha for a medium tied with the 121

-best turret, better than 62a and 113 and just worse than IS7

-good handling comparable to the 50m

-best camo even though it is bigger than a Bat and close to tier X Lts non russian

-Dispersion that can go down to .35

 

Meanwhile they cant buff the Leo1 because it would be too OP.

It's BS really.

Especially that last part, the Leo with no armour, less alpha, worse camo, essentially worse gun handling and not that much more DPM apparently would be OP with a buff, cos 0.3 accuracy is OP.

But a tank that basically combines the best attributes of an E50M, T-52A and the 113, being the most complete heavium we have ever seen, that is totally fine cos Rasha. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone noticed the armor buffs to t7 and t8 TD's ? FFS 200mm lfp on the su101. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fabunil said:

 

Dear Fabu, we were on the same team yesterday in Malinovka. You were in E3, I was in Kranvagn. You didn't notice me senpai.:brokenheart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

Dear Fabu, we were on the same team yesterday in Malinovka. You were in E3, I was in Kranvagn. You didn't notice me senpai.:brokenheart:

You know,  without XVM it is not so easy to notice the wotlabers in pubs. :happyfish:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tajj7 said:

From what I have heard the Russian forums are actually pretty well informed and less of a shit show than the other forums, they apparently discuss stuff much constructively and give better feedback.

The retards on the test are not likely the same people, most of those guys probably haven't even got past tier 8 yet, that is what is annoying about the public test, they let morons with no clue how to play run wild with unlimited options. 

430U IMO is currently hands down the best tier 10 med for the meta. 

  • 340 HEAT pen. 
  • Turret better than a 113 and T-62A
  • UFP that is 260-270 effective to AP
  • Strong side scraper due to 90mm sides and some troll angling on the upper part + spaced armour.
  • 440 alpha for trading.
  • Can overmatch Strvs. 
  • Acceptable DPM.
  • Good gun handling for that alpha, much better than say 113 or Obj. 260 have to deal with.
  • Decent mobility, especially agility, has great traverse even if it isn't the fastest in a straight line.
  • Higher base camo than the Bat Chat, cos reasons.

 

I mean really aside the accuracy and maybe the hp/ton, it's got zero weaknesses.

Clearly needs toning down IMO otherwise it will be the ultimate pub stomper. 

 

EU forum noticed, there is a thread on it.

Also forget T-44, look at T-44-100 buffs -

  • Nearly 23 hp/ton
  • Ground resistances better than a T-62A (and T-44)
  • Slightly faster than a T-44, 23 kph reverse speed
  • I think best in class dispersion values (0.12/0.12/0.11) (better than T-44)
  • 1.92 aim time (better than T-44)
  • 3rd or 4th best DPM of tier 8 meds
  • Got all the same armour buffs as the T-44, so decent turret against other tier 8s and lower tiers, with several troll 300 plus effective spots. 
  • Got the same pen buffs as well the patch before, so now has 247mm APCR rather than the old like 235 or whatever it was. 
  • Even has 50 HP more than the T-44. 
  • T-44/T-44-100 have joint 3rd best camo of any tier 8 med.

Basically for a tier 8 med it has some usable armour, top gun handling, good DPM, very good camo and now close to light tank mobility (better acceleration than the GF Bulldog) 

The other crap tier 8s are crying in the corner. 

 

Basically yes, don't see much point in the 121, 113, Obj. 260 at all. 

It's far too good, it has heavy tank armour, heavy tank gun but with medium camo, mobility and gun handling. 

Then there are mobility buffs to T54 prototype basically negating the supposed downside it was supposed to have for being decently armoured. It now has something north of 21hp/ton. 

Some other lines have not been buffed in literally years and the T44, T44/100, T54p get buffed more than once (in some cases several times). Not to mention recent turret armour buffs to T54 and obj 140. None of these tanks were exactly weak tier for tier such that they needed urgent buffing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

Then there are mobility buffs to T54 prototype basically negating the supposed downside it was supposed to have for being decently armoured. It now has something north of 21hp/ton. 

Some other lines have not been buffed in literally years and the T44, T44/100, T54p get buffed more than once (in some cases several times). Not to mention recent turret armour buffs to T54 and obj 140. None of these tanks were exactly weak tier for tier such that they needed urgent buffing. 

Not to mention 907 buffs. 

And yeh T-44 and the tier 8 Russian med premiums have had multiple buffs over the last 6 months, whilst something like the CDC and the Panther 88 remains awful. 

Not to mention the crappy lights.

What is very clear is that WG does not want any paper tank to be good, they clearly think that giving paper tanks top mobility, guns, camo etc. that they should have to compensate for their paperness, will mean that good players will get too much from them and Steve the IS7 driver will complain and call them OP when he gets out played

Most of the lights are crap, most of the paper meds are crap, the new premium lights they have brought in are crap, the tier 10 lights were massively nerfed with no logic on the public test, they think the Leopard would be OP with buffs and think a TVP VTU is able to outplay a Defender.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they patch notes for the second round of the test are out -

Quote

Balance

Object 257

  • Changed the 122 mm BL-13-1 A gun’s BR-471BM shell penetration from 340 to 315 mm
  • Lowered side armor thickness

Object 268 V4

  • Slightly improved frontal hull armor

Object 430

  • Changed the 122 mm D-25TSU gun’s BR-471BM shell penetration from 248 to 270 mm (FYI this is APCR)

Object 705

  • New collision model for the stock turret
  • Increased turret rotation bloom by 25%
  • Changed the 122 mm BL-13-1 A gun’s BR-471BM shell penetration from 340 to 315 mm

Object 705A

  • Changed the 152 mm M-51 gun’s UBK551O shell penetration from 310 to 317 mm
  • Slightly improved frontal hull armor

430's prem round is a good change, still quite low in today's meta but still decent enough considering 248 was terrible.

257 gets a HEAT pen nerf and a side armour nerf, but we'll have to see how effective that is because really the armour is BS because of angles not thickness.

But buffs to the 705A and 268 v4s armour? WTF? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:kjugh: Dev 1: Pizdec we hab TD with gut armor and mobility but bad gun, how fix?

 :serb:Dev 2: ADD MOAR ARMOR COMRADE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm I don't know what kind of tank of the tier 9 430 will be with this 270 apcr pen... some alternative t-54 maybe?..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vindi said:

Hmm I don't know what kind of tank of the tier 9 430 will be with this 270 apcr pen... some alternative t-54 maybe?..

Some sort WZ-120/T-54 hybrid.

It'll be cheaper to run than a T-54, cos 238 standard AP pen and prem rounds are 4400 credits for 390 alpha, not 4800 credits for 320 (though of course 330 pen is better than 270).

But it's slower, and if you chose the more accurate gun on the T-54, gun handling is worse. Armour is probably the same. 

2.4s aim time and 0.4 accuracy IMO make the tank seem a little pointless, if it had 440 alpha maybe but 390 alpha you might as well take an E50 with better handling and not crap accuracy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Some sort WZ-120/T-54 hybrid.

It'll be cheaper to run than a T-54, cos 238 standard AP pen and prem rounds are 4400 credits for 390 alpha, not 4800 credits for 320 (though of course 330 pen is better than 270).

But it's slower, and if you chose the more accurate gun on the T-54, gun handling is worse. Armour is probably the same. 

2.4s aim time and 0.4 accuracy IMO make the tank seem a little pointless, if it had 440 alpha maybe but 390 alpha you might as well take an E50 with better handling and not crap accuracy 

Just what I thought. 270 pen and "not bad" accuracy won't save this tank from selling hence I already have the 430 in my garage. Probably will try to 3 mark the U version as soon as possible. Reminding myself to play it like the patriot, as a support heavium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew! I read the Object 257 HEAT nerf and was bracing for the same thing to happen to the 430U. It didn't.

Do these changes mean that you can no longer put HEAT through the UFP of the 705A or 268 V4 (with a reasonable angle)?

Did they do anything with the spaced armor models under the 257 (specifically the rear transmission)? 

Edit: LOL. This translation work on NA is pro:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-922-second-common-test/

  • Object 268 Version 4
    Insignificantly improved the frontal hull armoring
  • ...
  • Object 705A
    Changed penetration of the UBK551O shell for the 152mm M-51 gun from 310mm to 317mm
    Insignificantly improved the frontal hull armoring

What constitutes insignificance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, monjardin said:

Whew! I read the Object 257 HEAT nerf and was bracing for the same thing to happen to the 430U. It didn't.

Do these changes mean that you can no longer put HEAT through the UFP of the 705A or 268 V4 (with a reasonable angle)?

Did they do anything with the spaced armor models under the 257 (specifically the rear transmission)? 

Edit: LOL. This translation work on NA is pro:

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/update-922-second-common-test/

  • Object 268 Version 4
    Insignificantly improved the frontal hull armoring
  • ...
  • Object 705A
    Changed penetration of the UBK551O shell for the 152mm M-51 gun from 310mm to 317mm
    Insignificantly improved the frontal hull armoring

What constitutes insignificance?

Its russian, so atleast +30mm (of armour, not effective armour, the effective will then ofc increase 60mm, because winners of ww2 and so on)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to TAP 430U got buffed. Now it has 270 apcr.

EDIT: misread it was the 430

Edited by nabucodonsor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

According to TAP 430U got buffed. Now it has 270 apcr.

EDIT: misread it was the 430

Yeah. That's the tier 9. It had a total shit premium round with only ~10 mm extra pen in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Armorchanges in a nutshell:

257 got its side armor nerfed, upper side armor nerfed from 140 to 130mm (211->195 EFA) and the lower side armor (the V-shape) got nerfed to 40mm so as long as you are Russian or a TD you will be able to overmatch it, for everyone else it is still cancer.

 

268 Version 4 got its frontal armor slightly buffed, lower plate goes from 290 nominal to 300 nominal and superstructure goes from 250 nominal to 260 nominal (EFA goes from ~335 to 345-350 EFA for both LFP and suerstructure agains HEAT), so have fun rolling your dices when firing your HEAT-rounds!

 

Object 705 stockturret got nerfed (or fixed), you can now penetrate a somewhat large part of the stockturret frontally with 330 HEAT and side/back are now cheese.

 

Object 705A got its upper hull buffed from 170 nominal to 175 nominal, it is slightly more resistant against gold I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fabunil said:

257 got its side armor nerfed, upper side armor nerfed from 140 to 130mm (211->195 EFA) and the lower side armor (the V-shape) got nerfed to 40mm so as long as you are Russian or a TD you will be able to overmatch it, for everyone else it is still cancer.

WG is giving it side armor that can be over-matched by guns over 120 mm? So, a KV-3 will be much more dangerous to a side-scraping Object 257 than a Super Conqueror.

:facepalm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20.1.2018 at 9:06 AM, hall0 said:

But why I am concerned is the following. WG can't really change this. Unlike the German box tanks [..] the armor does not come from thickness. It is just ridiculous angled. And I can't think of a case WG changed the angling of armor plates. At least not in a huge amount like it would be necessary here. So what can they do? Change the whole model or at least the hitbox model to an unrealistic but gameplay acceptable level? Make the sides overmatchable? 

 

So they indeed went for this solution. And I don´t like it either. 40mm armor plates are always an indirect buff to all russian tanks and a big fuck you for NATO tanks. We already left the realistic armor stats behind (at least I think the first numbers were realistic) Why not make it either 39mm, so that 120mm guns can overmatch it too, or make it 41 so all the 122mm can´t overmatch it? As mentioned above it is just stupid a T7 tank with 122mm gun is a bigger threat to a side scraping Obj 257 than a M103, Conq etc. 

btw here some screens of the updated armor model, since tanks.gg didn´t update the stats yet. Source Rita Blog

Upper Side old

9.22-first-test-side-4.png

Upper Side new

9.22-second-test-side-4.png

V shaped Side old

9.22-first-test-side-1.png

V shaped Side new

9.22-second-test-side-1.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo... scrolling through the topic and stat sites the question is this: t-10 currently is my favorite tank, the 257 could be the new progeny? It has worse terrain and soft stats, dpm... armor wise it seems better with these glitches but I really don't know.

I love the 705A already and will grind that line but I'm not sure that this 1 tank will worth my 6 skilled crew from t-10..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hall0 said:

why not try it out on testserver? 

Sadly I don't have the time for that currently, playing 1-2 games per day or less than that because of work. So I thought of other people's impressions about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.