Kolni

New Russian Tanks Coming with Update 9.22

230 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Vindi said:

Sooo... scrolling through the topic and stat sites the question is this: t-10 currently is my favorite tank, the 257 could be the new progeny? It has worse terrain and soft stats, dpm... armor wise it seems better with these glitches but I really don't know.

If they go through with these armor changes, then the Object 257 probably isn't better than the T-10. The side armor seems more troll than good. It definitely had good armor the first go around, but I'd need to try it out with these changes to be sure.

In any event, your best bet is to wait until release and test it yourself before making a decision. It's all just speculation at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the 44-100 is getting a buff but i just realized this tank has the 10th best winrate at tier 8. :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero changes for the 430U it seems, so it's going live with these stats. Lucky I unlocked the 430 last night, cos the 430U looks like the best all round medium and heavium in the game.  

Mobility, armour, camo and a big gun, it'll basically be able to do everything well.  Makes the old E5 looks limited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nah, it's much less comfy than the old E5. -8 gun dep and the ridiculous drivewheel absorptions was personally what made it so easy to play. 430u actually requires map awareness so old E5 was probably a bigger cancer to the game than the 430U will be, even if the 430U will be better for the lucky few who actually has some brain activity while playing the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, monjardin said:

If they go through with these armor changes, then the Object 257 probably isn't better than the T-10. The side armor seems more troll than good. It definitely had good armor the first go around, but I'd need to try it out with these changes to be sure.

In any event, your best bet is to wait until release and test it yourself before making a decision. It's all just speculation at this point.

Tried on test server, cant sidescrape for shit, “armor” is almost nonexistent, worse soft stats than t10 so.. thats a no for me dawg

On 1/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, monjardin said:

If they go through with these armor changes, then the Object 257 probably isn't better than the T-10. The side armor seems more troll than good. It definitely had good armor the first go around, but I'd need to try it out with these changes to be sure.

In any event, your best bet is to wait until release and test it yourself before making a decision. It's all just speculation at this point.

Tried on test server, cant sidescrape for shit, “armor” is almost nonexistent, worse soft stats than t10 so.. thats a no for me dawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kolni said:

Nah, it's much less comfy than the old E5. -8 gun dep and the ridiculous drivewheel absorptions was personally what made it so easy to play. 430u actually requires map awareness so old E5 was probably a bigger cancer to the game than the 430U will be, even if the 430U will be better for the lucky few who actually has some brain activity while playing the game

Disagree.

More alpha, no turret weakspot at all (E5 weakspot was easy HEAT pen, any tier 10 med could snap that over and over), more DPM, goes 50 not 37, goes 20 backwards not 12, close to twice the traverse rates and better than bat chat camo compared to heavy tank camo.

The E5 was a heavy, a comfy one that was solid front on, but was slow, unagile and easily outspotted.

This thing combines the best elements of the T-62A, 121 and the 113 into one glorious Soviet package. Mild'y less idiot proof than the E5, mildly because of the weaker and less troll lower plate, but then better in every other situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My point comes from the fact that template MM wasn't a thing back then and that the E5 was completely immune to everyone not 22ing. The 430U is definitely the better tank, no doubt. They are just in different metas. HE spam wasn't as much of a thing back then either, so being able to engage without bleeding HP was much, much easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kolni said:

My point comes from the fact that template MM wasn't a thing back then and that the E5 was completely immune to everyone not 22ing. The 430U is definitely the better tank, no doubt. They are just in different metas. HE spam wasn't as much of a thing back then either, so being able to engage without bleeding HP was much, much easier

True, true, just saying that I think this is the most complete all rounder they have ever released. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really like the 430 II. The question is if I don't finish the grind, then I will get the 430 as tier 9 and got to keep the 430 II too. So if I understand it well I can continue the grind from the 430 towards the 430 U without any issues. Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

I don't really like the 430 II. The question is if I don't finish the grind, then I will get the 430 as tier 9 and got to keep the 430 II too. So if I understand it well I can continue the grind from the 430 towards the 430 U without any issues. Right?

I think that’s right, the XP will be transferred to the 430 to continue on to the U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

I don't really like the 430 II. The question is if I don't finish the grind, then I will get the 430 as tier 9 and got to keep the 430 II too. So if I understand it well I can continue the grind from the 430 towards the 430 U without any issues. Right?

I don't think so, you wont get the 430 as Tier 9 if you do not already have it purchased as Tier 10. But thats just me from interpreting this object-430_en_s.jpg

No idea how its working now on the test server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fianii said:

I don't think so, you wont get the 430 as Tier 9 if you do not already have it purchased as Tier 10. But thats just me from interpreting this

...

No idea how its working now on the test server.

This is my understanding too, and I do not belive I had the 430 on test despite having the 430 II unlocked. I can't double check unfortunately since I bought the 430 to try it out.

As far as I know they are treating the lines that are changed very differently. If you have the T-10 you get a free tier IX heavy. If you have the 430 II you get moved to a different line with no direct way back to the 430 unless you grind it via a different path (the T44).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t have either 430 or 430U during the first test; just the 430v2. You definitely need to buy the 430 before the patch to get a free tier 9.  It should work the same way for the T-10, IS-7, and 257. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, monjardin said:

I didn’t have either 430 or 430U during the first test; just the 430v2. You definitely need to buy the 430 before the patch to get a free tier 9.  It should work the same way for the T-10, IS-7, and 257. 

So if I don't finish the grind then I am moved to an other tree without a tier 10. 10/10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

So if I don't finish the grind then I am moved to an other tree without a tier 10. 10/10

Yeah for the medium line but not the heavy line. I had the same issue and just unlocked the 430 to avoid another long grind through the tiers.

For the heavy line you are fine with the T-10, and I did have the 257 on test automatically since I have a T-10 in my garage (but with no IS-7 unlocked). Which fits how they describe it. Its just weird that they treat the heavy line and the medium line so differently.

 

t-10_en.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding of glorious Russian potato translation is..

Heavies.

IS7 and T10 in garage. T10 moves to new mini branch . You get the new tier 9 heavy obj 257 in garage.

 

Med line.

430 in garage.

You get the 430U in your garage and 430 moves to tier 9 which you keep.

You need to keep 430 II if you want the new tier 10 rear turret medium that will not come with a later patch.

 

So as I read it you get a free tier 9 if you have the T10 in your garage and a free tier 10 if you have the obj 430 in your garage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zbran said:

So as I read it you get a free tier 9 if you have the T10 in your garage and a free tier 10 if you have the obj 430 in your garage.

 

Sort of. You get a free tier 9 if you have the T10 in your garage. And a free tier 9 if you have the obj 430 in your garage, since you already owned a ten.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Monkey said:

Sort of. You get a free tier 9 if you have the T10 in your garage. And a free tier 9 if you have the obj 430 in your garage, since you already owned a

 Yeah that sound better :-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

Damn I dont think I will make it time to at least unlock the 430. I still have to get the engine plus the 260k exp for the actual tank.

I free xp'd the 430 after unlocking the 430 II modules.  I really really struggled in the 430 II.  I just couldn't get it to work for me. :-(.

 

I took advantage of the xp conversion bonus over Christmas and used all the gold I got from the boxes I bought ( I think I spent about 30 euros on them in total). 

 

Good luck with your grind, hope you make it:-).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing remained which I don't understand:

430 picture, 6. fact:

Marks of Exellence, statistics and medals will remain on the tier X 430.

But on which tank exactly?

430 will be a tier 9 tank, 430U will be the tier 10 replacement.

So which tier 10 430? We don't get it as a new premium like the 215fv (at least I didn't find that kind of information).

Anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vindi said:

One thing remained which I don't understand:

430 picture, 6. fact:

Marks of Exellence, statistics and medals will remain on the tier X 430.

But on which tank exactly?

430 will be a tier 9 tank, 430U will be the tier 10 replacement.

So which tier 10 430? We don't get it as a new premium like the 215fv (at least I didn't find that kind of information).

Anyone?

WG talked about this somewhere. There will be a legacy vehicle in your player history that is not actually a playable vehicle in the game, the tier 10 Obj 430 that currently exists. Your stats in the 430 will still show up as tier 10 430 stats, even though no such vehicle can be played after the patch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vindi said:

One thing remained which I don't understand:

430 picture, 6. fact:

Marks of Exellence, statistics and medals will remain on the tier X 430.

But on which tank exactly?

430 will be a tier 9 tank, 430U will be the tier 10 replacement.

So which tier 10 430? We don't get it as a new premium like the 215fv (at least I didn't find that kind of information).

Anyone?

War Gaming translations: Working as intended.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.