Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nabucodonsor

Best tier 8 LT (tech tree only)

23 posts in this topic

I personally have no clue on how to judge them because you can evaluate different parameters and I don't have experience on the BC and HWK. But by comparing stats and experience on the others this what I have come to understand:

• BC 12t has the best camo and decent view range making able to outspot all the other LTs
  • LTTB has armour and nice speed/acceleration that can be useful to get to some position first
  • HKW has the highest view range and great camo allowing to spot other classes without getting too close 
  • WZ has the best firepower (combination of handling alpha and pen) imo
  • BC and HKW have very small size allowing them to dodge incoming fire with ease
  • WZ and LTTB can ram all other LTs and their loaders are also radio operators (aka their view range is higher than what stats show)
  • BC and HWK are autopenned by HE 
  • Bulldog is fast, has nice apcr, is the most comfortable and is THE FASTEST (crap camo though) 
  • HWK and WZ have the highest pen 

So what do you guys think? Vote and explain why.

Right now there are only two tier 8 LTs I'm considering as "keeper" tanks.

LTTB because it is hilarious to go a bazillion kph, bounce JPE100s because you're juking like a cat on crack and it has a good gun if you can play with the bad gundep.  My go-to when I just want to hit W and not stop hitting W.  Weak-ish VR but with a strong crew/consumables you can make it work.

The Bat12t, I'm using as a crew trainer for a set of femcrew I've set aside for the 13-105, took me a long ish adjustment period(30+games of dogshit) for me to figure this tank out and now I'm having a ton of fun in it. Great package, that hunts other lights very well. I run binocs over optics and it has been a good counter spotting anti-LT for me.

The HWK is great fun, but the gun can be really frustrating. The shell velocity on it is so lazy it reminds me of shooting HE from the pz4H derp. The gun is surprisingly reliable in putting the shell where you want it to go but your prey might have already taken a nap and moved on before the package arrives.  Great size/view range/camo package lets you really abuse lower tiers and still be useful when you get strings of tier 10s.

I Do not recommend:

I de-crewed my poor bulldog, I was sitting at 98% or so mark when it got the 6-shot autoloader taken away and it became completely un fun for me. I played a handful of matches with the changes and just gave up.

Still fast but gets counter-lit easily, the ROF is bleh, and unless you want to active scout every map(which is what I keep my LTTB for) it is now just a decoration in my garage. Too bad, too.. the bulldog is what really got me into LTs, and I've trained several crews through it.

-Don't know about the WZ, haven't bought it back after tier shift. I've heard some people like it in T8 SH.

I know its a tier8 thread buuuut I think a lot of people mainly go-to the 9s since they are in a very good place(T8 MM sucks)  and have been mostly playing those over t8 LTs.  13-90 is TONS of fun;

and well... <3 T49 zoomzoomlandcancer butthunter <3

another alternative for my fun has been T7 LT.. I've also been enjoying the CMCD because the autoloader is great and the whole package just clicks with me.

*edit ^
For whatever reason I couldn't edit my post and since I failed at counting and/or justifying my opening statement..

I'm considering those three tanks but if I were to keep two I think it would be the LTTB/bat12t since the HWK is training up my GER T10 crew.

BC 12t is pretty decent, only problem is the fire damage that french lights take. 

Short of that one I don't really like any other light tank except for the blackdog :doge: 

Tier 8 is terrible for light tanks... except the premiums.... because most of the time on the crucial starting spots theres already a tier 9 or 10 lt on your team doing the job better than you are. I 2 marked the LLTB without meaning to, grinding to T54 Ltwt, and could only pull of 53% wins for that. LTTB though, is one of the most fun light tanks I've played, but then why play it when you can play the premiums...

black dog and T92 are great to play. Better than all other tier 8 IMO and also the credits, so I think avoid regular tier 8 light tanks like mediums, they're in a bad place.

I was looking forward to getting the bulldog, but not anymore. It looked like great fun before the changes.

only 2 lights i've played ssince the change were the LTTB and the wz 132; both are pretty good but i'm not fond of low caliber guns in higher tiers unless they have exceptional DPM so the wz is more fun for me in that reguard

i also have the black bulldog but thats premium; with that said its better than the tech tree bulldog in virtually everyway, especially since the nerf the m41 is a broken shell of its former self

the same can be said about the bc 12t, while not existing prior to the changes, its is a very poor upgrade from the 13 75 and i pity anyone who has to grind that thing, the  13 90 may have had awful gun handling and no vert stab in pre change, it did have a lot of view range and camo, making it the most effective scouting tank; following the changes the bc 12t took its place and doesn't live up to the 13 90 having awful view range and a mediocre burst, its only redeeming value could be its gun handling and camo,  but due to its poor alpha and view range, i can't say its ever been a threat on the battlefield

adding to that, the premium counterpart to the 12t is a much better scout overall with a much better damage output, view range, and gun depression, i can't see anyone picking 12t over this in the for fun category  https://ritastatusreport.live/2017/09/20/wot-elc-even-90-and-aufklarungspanzer-v/#jp-carousel-47590

the hwk looks dumb but it uphold the SPIC values of being a rear mounted light, unlike the bc 12t, it makes up for its lack luster dpm with solid view range, good acceleration and an accurate gun with good gun handling, i never played it but it doesn't seem so bad

my personal scale of tech tree 8's

1. wz 132 i like big guns

2. hwk i like to scout in the scouting class

3. Lttb i like to go fast

4.bc 12t burst + vert stabs = workable

5.M41 bulldog just bad, the rest of the line isn't even worth it with the new changes, i would just avoid the Sheridan line if i had to start anew since it doesn't connect to the T57 line which was the biggest appeal of the line itself for me starting out, killing two birds with one grind

I rate M41 and WZ last. The WZ is just overly gun derpy. I wish they had left the good handling high rof 85mm on it. The Hwk blows the WZ away in everything that matters with a LT.

I've kept the LTTB Hwk and Bat12. I reach for the LTTB least of those 3 but only because the Bat doesn't have 3 marks yet. Hwk is probably my favorite - once you learn the shell speed the mobility, size, VR, depression and accuracy make it the best package in the scouty role. Bat12 is pretty disappointing after the murder machine that is the 13 75 though.

I don't find 8 LTs suffer in 3/5/7 like HT/MTs do. These are all tanks that used to see a WORSE version of this MM BEFORE they got buffed with better guns and mobility plus higher hit points. They suffer only that 9s and 10s outclass them and the general maladies of lights, but under 3/5/7 i think they've fared pretty well. And they absolutely crush when top tier.

I play quite alot of tier VIII SH matches and some CW. So I rate the tier VIII lights on the basis of those battles, where all the enemy vehicles will be tier VIII only and the FC wants the scouts (a) to out camo/view range the enemy scouts at the beginning of matches, and (b) possibly eliminate an enemy scout if two on one advantage occurs, and (c.) add some dpm to fights towards the end.

For SH where premium tanks get a fair bit of use the Blackdog is the goto light tank. For "tryhard" SH and CW goto light tanks tend to be wz 132 and bc 12t.

I play both of those two in pubs to keep the crew perks ticking over and they both work fine. I already have the tier IX and X, but play the tier VIII's for crew exp. I like light tanks.

11 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I rate M41 and WZ last. The WZ is just overly gun derpy. I wish they had left the good handling high rof 85mm on it.

Someone else who liked the 85mm on the WZ? :kreygasm: I loved that gun.

The T71 and 13-75 are both really good tanks and pretty much all of the tier 9 LTs are also a lot of fun and pretty strong.  All of the tier 8s just seem bad by comparison, which makes them pretty low on my playdar.  I played the T71 and 13-90 10 times as much as the 12t last year.  I guess the TL,DR answer is 'none'.  Its not like before the patch when you HAD to have a tier 8 for CW/SH stuff and the T54 LWT was a master race.

BC12T is fun but the small damage potential of the clip will sometimes frustrate you. Still it is the best spotter and it's easy to have monster games in it. 

LTTB is great at dealing damage but it will flip for no reason plus it tends to oversteer on hard ground like crazy. Get a tiny ping spike in some places and you will end up suiciding into water because of it (happened 2 times to me)

WZ can't hit shit and is not the best scout. It's only good against other scouts. HWK requires adjusting to but I found it annoying. Bulldog is castrated. 

Still the best advice here is take the tank you can get the fastest to 5-6 skills. Crew skills matter the most in lights. 

I'm either an iconoclast, a contrarian, or maybe just a crappy scout player, but I really like the wz.  It's got decent camo, a turret that might bounce one in 15 shots (which is more than anything other than the LTTB), and it's got hovermed-style mobility.  I have  never, ever, ever been able to make the blackdog to work for me, but that me because I try to play it like a pure scout, which is not what it's best at.

LTTB is balls-out fun, and as @hazzgar notes, it has way too narrow a wheelbase with too high a center of gravity.  Corners in that thing are white-knuckle affairs, which makes it a direct contrast to the WZ, e.g.

t92 is quite nice, but I detest the low alpha gun.  But mobility + camo +VR are great.

I bought the bc 12t a while back but am still grinding a decent crew for it.

WZs are tanks for people who want to play mediums with a camo cushion

Bulldog is still my fav at tier 8.  It's super fast and has a decent gun.  It's not the monster it once was but it's the best all around scout at its tier.  My other keepers are the LTTB and the WZ-132. 

1 hour ago, lt_lolcat said:

Bulldog is still my fav at tier 8.  It's super fast and has a decent gun.  It's not the monster it once was but it's the best all around scout at its tier.  My other keepers are the LTTB and the WZ-132. 

Best scout with no camo and huge size? 

6 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Best scout with no camo and huge size? 

Well, with my crew and set up it has a 466m view range which is like 20m better than what I have in the LTTB or WZ-132.  It is also easier to drive and has better gun handling than either of those two.  I mainly just find it more comfortable to play. 

3 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

That's a reasonable way to put it, although I insist on trying to play them as scouts.  That probably explains a lot about my (lack of) results.

I don't think any of the current non-premium tier 8 lights give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Not in the current meta anyway. Where's the carry potential? I don't see it. Best case scenario is being a decent scout in the current meta in which all high tiers have enough view range to spot for themselves. And the worst case scenario is being an even more undergunned tier 8 medium than the existing tier 8 mediums. So RIP.

Might not even be feasible to recommend any one of these over the others, my honest advice is to either free EXP to tier 9 or stay at tier 7. Either that or sell your soul and buy a

:damn::bigdoge:

11 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

It snaps better than the HWK and it has a frontal mounted turret meaning you can peak-a-boom much better. Also it gets good turning speed which means it surfs pretty well.

BTW I iust noticed the poll I had put is missing. I'll add it.

6 hours ago, Mikosah said:

I don't think any of the current non-premium tier 8 lights give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Not in the current meta anyway. Where's the carry potential? I don't see it. Best case scenario is being a decent scout in the current meta in which all high tiers have enough view range to spot for themselves. And the worst case scenario is being an even more undergunned tier 8 medium than the existing tier 8 mediums. So RIP.

Might not even be feasible to recommend any one of these over the others, my honest advice is to either free EXP to tier 9 or stay at tier 7. Either that or sell your soul and buy a

:damn::bigdoge:

My personal WR with them is higher than with most tanks I play (not the bulldog because i played it way before 9.18). I'm not saying I am good (I'm not) but if I can carry you can too.

14 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

I played both WZ131 and 2 with the big gun. No regrets. It was a much better fighter than any other light tank. Gun handles a bit derpy but far more reliable than any other T7 with that type of gun. (T20 excluded). 

I kinda think LT tierswitch results were bittersweet in that regard. Light tanks seem more gimped than ever :feelsbad: 

13 hours ago, lt_lolcat said:

Well, with my crew and set up it has a 466m view range which is like 20m better than what I have in the LTTB or WZ-132.  It is also easier to drive and has better gun handling than either of those two.  I mainly just find it more comfortable to play. 

Scout has nothing to do with gun. You are still huge and easy to spot. 

The Light Tank restructuring hit a lot of players favourite LTs very hard.  Not only did many classic goto (and fun) scouts get changed (the loss of Scout MM makes net nerf/buff debatable) but most of the distinct differentiating characteristics were homogenized.  The most "enjoyable" Tier 8s made the jump to Tier 9  and so Tier 8 is mostly populated by promoted Tier 7s and a fill in; none of which stand out from each other for any discernible reason.  Personally, I still have all the Tier 8 LTs and rarely play any of them choosing T9, T7, T10 scouts over them regularly.

IMHO the Tier 8s scouts are not "stand outs" but they can all get the job done; so it comes down to looking forward up the lines and I would tend to rate them based on what you get out of them not the tanks themselves. 

1) BC 12t (Leads to two French medium lines and one French light line and can develop crews for most) 

2) HWK 12 (Can train a RhmPZ crew but gimps you for the RU)

3) LTTB (Drives fast, overturns constantly but rights itself often before your dead)

4) WZ-132 (The line between the Chinese meds and lights is so blurred its tragic and further down is more of the same; how many and which ones are purely a personal preference)

5) Bulldog (Sad to see how the mighty have fallen.  Newer players may find it playable without the rose coloured glasses)

#Return_the_105_to_the_28.01

The thing about the pre-nerf bulldog was that it was kind of like the T49 in the sense that it allowed you to rush in, do a shit ton of damage and then run away.  Unlike the T49 it could also snipe decently well.  Now it cannot snipe worth a shit and it has no burst and its probably the worst at scouting in tier - it is essentially the only uptiered LT that got zero compensation for moving up tier.  IMHO the bulldog is just flat out worse in every way than the LTG, 13-75, and T71.  They all at least have some strength they can leverage, the bulldog is just a mediocre no trick pony.

Best light tank of the tech tree you say? well certainly NOT the BC12t.

I'll lean more towards the LTTB because of the gotta go fast memes and actual protection, not to mention carrying some oomph with it, also rear armor memebounces.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0