Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Va1heru

Game crashes

10 posts in this topic

I've been getting intermittent game crashes for about 2 weeks now. I have 0 mods installed. I even went out of my way to uninstall the FPS cap increase mod and WoTnumbers BRR mod. Ive done a completely fresh install (deleting the wargaming appdata folder as well.) There's nothing crazy happening in the game when it crashes (just crashed a moment ago when I was by myself and there were 2 enemies in render distance.) No other programs are crashing when Im playing, I have OBS, spotify, streamlabs and chrome all open. No crashes, just tanks. Any solutions are welcome

Have you updates any driver for the hardware?

3 hours ago, IanSanJR said:

Have you updates any driver for the hardware?

hmmm, had an nvidia gfx card driver update a while back, cant remember if it was around the same time I started getting crashes. ALso got told to download the WG game checker, gonna run that later

How old is the computer (and are all the parts the same age)?

Is the OS up-to-date?

Can you remember any changes you made to the system (or which the OS might have automatically done for you) two weeks ago when the crashes started?

Have you got much spare disk space on the C:/ (where ever the OS is installed)?

Have you try repair and check on WoT Centre?

I'm going to try to keep up with the quality of responses here.

Is the computer turned on?

13 hours ago, AdrianK said:

How old is the computer (and are all the parts the same age)?

Is the OS up-to-date?

Can you remember any changes you made to the system (or which the OS might have automatically done for you) two weeks ago when the crashes started?

Have you got much spare disk space on the C:/ (where ever the OS is installed)?

Less than a year old, spent $5k on the parts, I'm at work so I can't list you specs but I have them listed on my stream somewhere. 

I don't remember exactly but there has been a windows 10 update and a Gfx driver update within the last month at least. The only thing with that is, I feel I wouldn't be the only one getting crashes if either of those are the culprit. The other issue is because it's random, I have no way of knowing if it's fixed until I crash again. 

All my hdds are at least half empty 

13 hours ago, IanSanJR said:

Have you try repair and check on WoT Centre?

It's a completely fresh install my dude. Deleted everything tanks on my pc and reinstalled. 

My experience is in programming, not systems (operating systems, networking, etc), so I doubt I can be much help.  

WoT will crash on me if I play a lot of games (50?) without restarting the game client. Sometimes I'll notice a warning in the notification centre along the lines of 'low memory'. If I don't restart the game client it will just crash, usually with 2-3 games.  It's like there's a small memory leak and once it goes over a certain limit... Boom.

I doubt that's your issue though, unless a patch has unsettled something.  Checking all your drivers are up to date may help.

7 hours ago, Va1heru said:

It's a completely fresh install my dude. Deleted everything tanks on my pc and reinstalled. 

Well, its something missing i would go check and repair. And would be save time w/o reinstall again.

It should be in WCL > game setting tab.

Is it only WoT that crashes? have you run a malware scan just in case (Malwarebytes, Superantispyware are good ones). Also check this article out, see if there are any windows error logs for when the crashes occur:

https://www.howtogeek.com/222730/how-to-find-out-why-your-windows-pc-crashed-or-froze/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0