Sign in to follow this  
Tanager

M4-A2 Loza - Russian Med + another M4-based premium...?

16 posts in this topic

So...the new premium going on sale (at least here in NA) today is...another M4.  The M4 "Loza" (named for its commander).  76 mm gun in tier 6.  No idea if there's anything special about the armor model, and I cannot be bothered to look.  My reaction...YAWN, nothing to see here.  Am I missing anything?  Oh, the commander comes with SS at 100%.  So there's that, I suppose.  I'll be skipping this one.

20 minutes ago, De1tacu said:

If you aren't going to bother with a good poast USE STATUS UPDATES

I feel like this has been the reply to half the new threads recently :notlikethis:

But tbh there's nothing worth talking about, nobody cares about the m4. Maybe wg doesnt realise noone cares about tier 6 prems... the ravioli is the only good sherman based prem i can remember (its actually interesting)

for non premiums, we have

The m4 (obviously), the easy 8, sherman jumbo, and the firefly

As for m4 based prems. we have

the fury, the thunderbolt, the m4 ravioli, the m4 improved, the m4a2e4

and now another one, the Loza.

:damn:

Yeah I actually like the Shermans, I have most of them already, but I don't know if 'm going to be able to convince myself this one is worth picking up, if I want a T6 Russian crew trainer I already have the T-34 85M and the Rudy, both of which (imo) are better

From what I can tell, its basically an E8 that gets a weaker engine (410 vs 520 horses, 176 vs 234 health) and weaker depression (-10 vs -12 deg) in exchange for marginally more top speed (yay 51 vs 48 km/h), less fire chance (15% vs 20%) and being Russian. 

I dont see the practical point tbh, as long as a Rudy is there. Its more a novelty thing, really. Plus there is a commander with free "zeroth" 6th sense.

@De1tacu Every new tank can have its own thread, but perhaps you didnt know that. OP could have been more in depth, but that just means that somebody who gives a damn about a new M4 clone can write about it under this thread. 

2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

@De1tacu Every new tank can have its own thread, but perhaps you didnt know that. OP could have been more in depth, but that just means that somebody who gives a damn about a new M4 clone can write about it under this thread. 

Exactly.  I didn't give a damn about it, but I figured that it deserved a thread.  I make no apologies for starting the thread.  I might be slightly apologetic for not including more details in the post.

yall act like we have some massive number of threads to sift through when this forum is so close to death.

Who cares if he didnt status this

^sad but true :( 

As for the tank, extremely uninteresting and useless tank with no purpose to exist. The absolutely totally the only reason to get it is the collector / historic value. There is literally zero reason to get it for any other purpose than that. As a tank itself its extremely useless when you got massively better RU prems at same tier anyway. Rudy even has BiA crews already so you can use that for farms

So i'm a shmuck and got it. I love lend lease stuff and like Shermans, so why not. Um. It's pretty bad. th elack of mobility is really noticeable, and i forgot how much i fucking hated the 76mm M1 series of weapons. Might make for an easy 3 mark if nothing else...

17 hours ago, KingTrygon said:

I think a lot of people will look at this as 5 BiA crew for a tier 6 price tag and see the tank as being a bonus or as a credit package. 

Sure, except that you don't get any BIA crew with it.  You get a single special crew member, a commander with 6S, and four potatoes.  This isn't the Rudy.

I've only seen 2 Loza Sherman's in strongholds so far.  I for WG's sake it is selling better on RU.

Sign in to follow this