Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MissNurki

Need new headset - halp?

11 posts in this topic

I need a new headset, again. I accidentally snapped the one I have in half and had to tape it together again. Now the tape annoys me and the sound in general isn't good enough for FPS since I struggle to determine direction with my current open/on ear headset. 

New one needs to be:

- USB connection (jack thingy on pc is broken, cba to fix, dunno how to fix) 

- Light and comfortable (don't want wireless because of added weight in battery, got a neck injury)

- Around the ear or suuuuuper soft on ear, my ears are extremely sensitive, get a headache for fuckall

- Preferably not sweaty leather

- Crystal clear sound made for FPS and a static free mic

- 150-ish euro max budget 

I looked at Sennheiser G4ME ONE, looks alright online and has good reviews, but it's mini-jack connection. 

Nurki skull is OP, please nerf.

In your price range honestly you can get a pretty good set.  I've had pretty good luck with Koss, although right now I'm just using a mono-phone so I can hear kids and stuff.

If its just for games, then the Hyper X Cloud 2s have super comfy pads (optional mesh pads to swap out leather with).

Good solution for "fixing"  jack thingy on pc

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/microphones-on-gaming-headsets-and-on-motherboards-suck-a-solution-for-8.236406/#post-3714716

to widen your options/selection so you can also buy headsets with regular plugs.

That aside

12 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

If its just for games, then the Hyper X Cloud 2s have super comfy pads (optional mesh pads to swap out leather with).

+1

14 hours ago, Fulcrous said:

My son's got some Hyper Xs, and I can confirm the comfiness of the pads, along with the swappability.  They're definitely pretty nice.

HyperX II has such a ... special ... mic, my voice is already annoying enough, don't need it to be nasal and narrow too. :eww:

I think I'll go for a pair of Sennheisers, had a pair back in the day and I loved them so much. Also I have a friend I game with every day and he is hardcore Sennheiser fan and recommended the 373D. Sennheiser GSP 350/300/PC 373D are the contenders, in each price group. Will have to re-visit the subject when I get back from my holiday and know what I can comfortably spend, since I don't mind putting a bit of extra money in it to get a really good pair. I would probably buy the 300 today, but if I can comfortably get the 373D, then I think I will. 

And I'll get the adapter thingy Folter linked if the headset doesn't have usb, so that broadens the horizon considerably. 

2 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

Nurki take a look at these reviews:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/?category=Headphones&manufacturer=&pp=25&order=date

They include soundsamples for the microphon similar to what I did in my mini-review of that USB thingy I did on techpowerup and the GSP300 sounds really good.

That's actual gold, thanks for the link! Will be checking all the headsets there before buying anything, don't wanna fuck up this time. :frenchy:

I know you said you don't want wireless for weight reasons. I have a set of Corsair void wireless 7.1 cans and I find them to be very good sound wise and comfy to wear. I just weight them and they come in at 376g. I looked up the set that was recommended to you and they weigh 355g... They are also twice the price, I'm sure the Sennheisers are much better quality though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0