Psycodiver

Goodbye Nagato, don't call me, I'll call you

13 posts in this topic

Finished the Nagato grind finally, after like a year and a half lol. I rage sold it a while back, the original A hull was that frustrating. Took 57 matches all and all but only managed a 50.8% WR and only averaged 56843 DPG. I did pretty poorly in her to begin with, iirc I was only at 38% WR when I picked her back up and damage was allot lower.

That said half the matches I ran BFT and AFT skills along with the AA mod (the guns are accurate enough) and she was surprisingly ok against same tier and lower CVs, during the skill reset though I changed over BFT and AFT to BoS and CE because I planned to take this captain to the Amagi. The change in AA was pretty bad, even had 1 match where a T6 CV had its way with me like no joke. Mix that with her wide turn radius and slowish rudder made for a painful experience at times

Guns were good, better than the Shiney Horse sisters but about on par with Colorado which is odd because technically the Nagato has better guns but the Colorado seems to hit harder. Armor wise she is pretty soft, I have citadelled and been citadelled bow on to 14" guns which shouldn't be possible. I found her to take full penetration damage fairly easily where as the Colorado feels like she always eats over-pens and the Sisters seem to bounce allot more shells.

Remember when 25 knots at T7 was fast? God she felt sluggish to me, at least the Colorado is agile for being slow and the Sisters feel allot faster and feel more agile than the Nagato

This is just some random thoughts, I'm putting together a review for her soon. Good ship and I see why people like her but I never really enjoyed my time with her, it always felt like I was fighting her more than the enemy to get the performance I wanted out of her. I loved the Fuso and I played the Amagi on the PTS every time it comes up and I love her also

39 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

Guns were good, better than the Shiney Horse sisters but about on par with Colorado which is odd because technically the Nagato has better guns but the Colorado seems to hit harder. Armor wise she is pretty soft, I have citadelled and been citadelled bow on to 14" guns which shouldn't be possible. I found her to take full penetration damage fairly easily where as the Colorado feels like she always eats over-pens and the Sisters seem to bounce allot more shells.

All of the tier 7 BB's are soft as fuck when bow on. For the most part they are tier 6 armor scheme with more HP, slightly more speed, and bigger guns. Against low tier BB's it isn't much of an issue since most of them are still pretty immune to 14" fire when bow on, but against same or higher tier battleships they are like butter.

The bow citadels are due to wonky internal ricochets, or finding little armor holes. Personally, I thought the Nagato was great. Amagi has me missing the better sigma, but cherishing the better armor scheme and speed.

As I recall, the Colorado and Nagato can overmatch each other's bows so if you don't have any angling it's possible to eat a citadel from the front.  

They have 25mm bows so that should bounce 14" shells but the Nagato takes the odd citadel. Its pretty rare but damn annoying when it does happen

37 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

They have 25mm bows so that should bounce 14" shells but the Nagato takes the odd citadel. Its pretty rare but damn annoying when it does happen

I cit the bows of a lot of tier 6-8 BBs with 13 and 14" guns. It happens, but it entirely up to RNG, and doesn't happen often.

I got a Mutsu in a Christmas box. It's a stock Nagato at tier 6 and still isn't impressive down there.

It's been a while since I played the Nagato but I don't remember being impressed.

12 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

I got a Mutsu in a Christmas box. It's a stock Nagato at tier 6 and still isn't impressive down there.

It's been a while since I played the Nagato but I don't remember being impressed.

I got one in a Christmas box too, however my experience has been pretty good so far; 7 games, 71% WR averaging 79K damage 1.7 kills per game.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, SoliDeoGloria said:

I like Mutsu. Playing her is all about abusing the overmatch mechanics, and aiming for penetration damage instead of citadels.

Depends on the range really. At extreme long ranges I've gotten double cits on BBs like Fuso and New Mexico. At close ranges I've cit wrecked cruisers, however the trick to that is to hit them at an angle to minimize risk of overpens. Flat broadside actually isn't ideal for these guns when shooting soft targets.

I got a Mutsu in a Christmas box and finally played it.  It was in a tier 6 operation just for fun - devastating gunfire, lol citadels against all the lower tier BB's.  I will probably take it out over the Warspite and Arizona based on the speed alone.