Ickus

God Have Mercy On Us (WT E100 P)

101 posts in this topic

EDIT: For some reason my reply appared twice lol, so I deleted one xd

17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Leaving base is over rated.  New WG model will be 28 tanks hugging perimeter red-ring of fire while a pair of T-100LTs circle one another in the middle of map trying to spot other teams bush wookies.

Besides, WG will probably just sell the WTE-100 during the WGL GF as a tier 8 premium in a $300 bundle of joy.

As far as I can tell what you just described is basically the Grand Battles map, except there are 56 tanks doing it.

WG literally built a massive, elevated platform behind each cap, that has hard cover, with bushes either side and then pretty much every approach to his is across massive open ground. A few people go the middle castle and few go to brawl either flank but there are usually a good 10 plus tier 10 TDs all sitting there doing sweet FA for 80% of the game only to pop out at full HP cos you might have won a flank and you are now lower HP. 

IMO Passive play is becoming the new meta.  If you dare venture into the enemy's half of the map you get shit on by multiple base campers that have better spots than you and you have no support because half your team is camping around your base. 

Can't see a Waffle E100 doing anything but making it worse.

Like @GehakteMolen says, the Waffle can block a route or flank like nothing else, JpE100s and 183 are bad enough but derpy, 3-4 tanks have a decent chance of pushing that, but even 3 tanks are wary of a Waffle because it's highly likely 3 tanks mid to late game are going to have less than 3k HP between them. 

18 hours ago, mati_14 said:

You know what? I was thinking how cancerous it was to bring back the WT, but after a couple of seconds I'd noticed how fun it'd be to clip a S. Conquer/5A/Strv/Type 5 and all the broken trash that WG has put and the latest patches. And also considering the current meta, there a shit-ton of ways to easily counter it. So I'd be fine if they want it to be the next reward for Personal Missions

352 APCR yolo blazes through all those tanks though, on tanks.gg the Waffle E100 P still has the JT gun, so thats 5x560 2800 alpha dmg in 8 sec flat with 352 APCR pen and laser accuracy.

Wild Type 5 appears, WTF-E100 starts dumping rounds in him, with some luck the type 5 can:

• see him (if closer as 445m)
  • aim before the Waffle pulls back
  • hit him for 1400 (if not a hit at gun / hull)

And thats ignoring that the WTF can just shoot 3x for 1600 and pull back, or there are 2 WTF, or a WTF and a 183 / E3 / Strv 103b and so on...

What ur gonna do against this?

A base camping tard, who will kill anything in <6 sec within range... (its 2 sec between shots, so you get shot twice before you even aimed fully, its THAT OP...)

You know what? I was thinking how cancerous it was to bring back the WT, but after a couple of seconds I'd noticed how fun it'd be to clip a S. Conquer/5A/Strv/Type 5 and all the broken trash that WG has put and the latest patches. And also considering the current meta, there a shit-ton of ways to easily counter it. So I'd be fine if they want it to be the next reward for Personal Missions

352 APCR yolo blazes through all those tanks though, on tanks.gg the Waffle E100 P still has the JT gun, so thats 5x560 2800 alpha dmg in 8 sec flat with 352 APCR pen and laser accuracy.

Wild Type 5 appears, WTF-E100 starts dumping rounds in him, with some luck the type 5 can:

And thats ignoring that the WTF can just shoot 3x for 1600 and pull back, or there are 2 WTF, or a WTF and a 183 / E3 / Strv 103b and so on...

A base camping tard, who will kill anything in <6 sec within range... (its 2 sec between shots, so you get shot twice before you even aimed fully, its THAT OP...)

A camping tard, who will kill anything in <6 sec within range... (its 2 sec between shots, so you get shot twice before you even aimed fully, its THAT OP...)

Decisions like these make me think WG should have stopped making tanks at tier 9. I dont understand how they manged to make a tier balanced and fun while the tier after is just a campfest of broken tanks.

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

WT positions are pretty predictable if you ask, and can barely spot by itself. I think I could tell you the spots where the WT plays on every single map, and how easy it's to avoid getting shot while its in those spots.  Unlike STRV which can be shooting you at 500 mts, or be in a bush at 250m. Lakeville it's the perfect example. We all know where the TDs play, no matter which TD is, it's pretty likely they will sit in middle road waiting for shots crossing or aiming for tanks pushing the lower side of the city. And it's really simple to avoid getting shot most of the time. Lastly, unlike arty, knowing the spots where TDs are, is the key to avoid getting shot by one, and at least in this forums I don't think many players will struggle dealing with WTs in this meta

2 hours ago, mati_14 said:

WT positions are pretty predictable if you ask, and can barely spot by itself. I think I could tell you the spots where the WT plays on every single map, and how easy it's to avoid getting shot while its in those spots.  Unlike STRV which can be shooting you at 500 mts, or be in a bush at 250m. Lakeville it's the perfect example. We all know where the TDs play, no matter which TD is, it's pretty likely they will sit in middle road waiting for shots crossing or aiming for tanks pushing the lower side of the city. And it's really simple to avoid getting shot most of the time. Lastly, unlike arty, knowing the spots where TDs are, is the key to avoid getting shot by one, and at least in this forums I don't think many players will struggle dealing with WTs in this meta

The problem @GehakteMolen was pointing out is not the how to deal with it. It was never a problem even when I was a bigger scrub than I am now. The problem is if it wants you dead you are dead. I remember one yoloing me in an alley on Windstorm just like a Batchat would. He came out from nowhere clipped me and left. Is it a good tank? No. Is it broken and bad for the game? Yes.

11 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

The problem @GehakteMolen was pointing out is not the how to deal with it. It was never a problem even when I was a bigger scrub than I am now. The problem is if it wants you dead you are dead. I remember one yoloing me in an alley on Windstorm just like a Batchat would. He came out from nowhere clipped me and left. Is it a good tank? No. Is it broken and bad for the game? Yes.

I don't see the problem then, because we already have tanks that can do that  and its still annoying if any autoloader it does, some might not kill you, but fuck you hard enough to ruin the rest of the game for you. Yolos are problem regardless which tank does it and it's more related to XVM or how retarded are some enemies ingame than one specific tank. It reminds me the ''issues'' with old MM and people used to complain how terrible it was to face 12 tier X in with a tier 8, but that used to happen... once every 70-80 games?,  how often is a WT be able to yolo and kill you if that's your issue with it? Just like with the old MM example, it's really unlikely, annoying as fuck when it happens but really unlikely.

@mati_14 even Bats are not this effective when yoloing because of the lack of pen, handling and less clip potential. One of these things can destroy you and you cant react. Sure it might not happen often but you must agree that this is a shit mechanic. This should not happen in the first place. You are just making the game worse by adding something bad.

I dont think it is a problem meaning it is a meta changing tank like the E5 was; i think it is just very stupid. I am putting it on the same level as the KV2, the Gojira line, arty, Ikea tanks, Deathstars ect. It's stupid and makes the pinnacle of this game (tier X) even more a random shitfest where you get punished way to hard for making a mistake, punished for being aggressive and rewarded for camping. 

Any idiot can camp the entire game and as in @GehakteMolen 's example even X3N4 (not me or any random pubbie X3N4 (rip)) was destroyed for playing the game. His only mistake was to find on the opposite side a retard with a even more retarded tank that "outplayed" him like arty does with all of us.

TL;DR: not a problem as you say but it is a stupid idea just makes the game worse.

Anyone can counter a waffle. The problem arises when it camps some useless place that you would think no fucktard regardless of how stupid they could be would ever choose to camp behind ends up being there in a waffle and you are deleted instantly because of it. There is no counter play to that... especially with more and more maps being corridor based.

You are right that waffles CAN get countered easily IF they have any semblance of a brain because said player wouldnt be in an autistic position and therefore would be lit. You also have to consider that many people who did 3k in the waffle were considered the bare minimum of how much you should contribute to a match regardless of skill because of the gun handling, penetration, and burst.

I rather a waffle over a type 5 or HESH trash tank 90% of the time. Sure, there's those 1 in 1000 games where they're camping in a dumb bush in the back of the map and somehow pull a win out of thin air leaving you with a bad taste in your mouth. 

But like a few people have said in here, they're easily countered, stop pushing into hard to escape positions if there's a tank unspotted that can delete you in sub 10s. The problem with type 5's and such is that they're predictable but it doesn't matter. You know a type 5 will go to the heavy brawling area, you can predict that 9 times out of 10. But it won't matter, because it's stupid Armour and retard proof gun means it's trading better than literally every bot on your team. The waffle is slow, gigantic and completely void of Armour. 

As soon as its spotted everyone focuses it the fuck out because it's easy damage and it's a dangerous tank. A waffle gets deleted just as quick as it deletes, a type 5 doesn't go down as easy. A waffle can bounce, it can be spotted from a mile away and the best part? A tier 1 can kill it. I'll take that over the HE spamming Japanese cancer tanks every day of the week. And if I get to one clip some type 4/5's, I'm gonna be a very happy boy 

47 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

I rather a waffle over a type 5 or HESH trash tank 90% of the time. Sure, there's those 1 in 1000 games where they're camping in a dumb bush in the back of the map and somehow pull a win out of thin air leaving you with a bad taste in your mouth. 

But like a few people have said in here, they're easily countered, stop pushing into hard to escape positions if there's a tank unspotted that can delete you in sub 10s. The problem with type 5's and such is that they're predictable but it doesn't matter. You know a type 5 will go to the heavy brawling area, you can predict that 9 times out of 10. But it won't matter, because it's stupid Armour and retard proof gun means it's trading better than literally every bot on your team. The waffle is slow, gigantic and completely void of Armour. 

As soon as its spotted everyone focuses it the fuck out because it's easy damage and it's a dangerous tank. A waffle gets deleted just as quick as it deletes, a type 5 doesn't go down as easy. A waffle can bounce, it can be spotted from a mile away and the best part? A tier 1 can kill it. I'll take that over the HE spamming Japanese cancer tanks every day of the week. And if I get to one clip some type 4/5's, I'm gonna be a very happy boy 

@nabucodonsor I understand your point but I still think it's not that big of a deal as many of you point it out, I'm standing with Val here, you know why? Because even when I remember getting pissed because a WT clipped me, I still think it's even more retarded to get shot in the TURRET by a 4005/183/Type4-5 and get set on fire, and this has happened 3 or 4 times at least while playing Pz7/VK7201/S. Conqueror. I feel WT it might be just like current F155, a 1 trick pony that can destroy anything on its way, but with more drawbacks than benefits.

when a 1 trick pony guarantees nearly 3k damage regardless of skill, it doesnt need to exist.

4 hours ago, mati_14 said:

@nabucodonsor I understand your point but I still think it's not that big of a deal as many of you point it out, I'm standing with Val here, you know why? Because even when I remember getting pissed because a WT clipped me, I still think it's even more retarded to get shot in the TURRET by a 4005/183/Type4-5 and get set on fire, and this has happened 3 or 4 times at least while playing Pz7/VK7201/S. Conqueror. I feel WT it might be just like current F155, a 1 trick pony that can destroy anything on its way, but with more drawbacks than benefits.

I hate these kinds of arguments, just because something else is broken and retarded too does not make it ok to reintroduce this unbalanced monstrosity. The only way they could have done something worse is if they gave the Type 5 derp an autoloader. 

1 hour ago, Fulcrous said:

when a 1 trick pony guarantees nearly 3k damage regardless of skill, it doesnt need to exist.

You are talking about the type 5 right now ? Right ? Right ? :fat:

Just now, DHP said:

You are talking about the type 5 right now ? Right ? Right ? :fat:

Unlike the waffle, type 5 doesn't guarantee 3k damage.

6 hours ago, mati_14 said:

155 has no turret, terrible gun handling and 5s between shots. It's a super awkward tank and that means it's super awkward for most players to pop out and clip someone or yolo someone. Most 155s miss or bounce at least 1 if not 2 out of the clip anyway and in most cases the target has enough about them to get out of the way in 5s before the next shell is ready.

The Waffle can just hide behind a rock, pop out, and you are dead. If you are looking the wrong way or someone else has spotted you or you have just fired and the shitter in it just never appears until that point, you are fucked. It can do 1700 damage in 4s, with 352 pen APCR, that is quicker than a JpE100 is able to get into position and aim, and just generally quicker than a 183 aims full stop. 

Imagine the current shit barn with 350 pen HESH and 0.28 accuracy, that is pretty much the Waffle is able to do cos it'll  pop out, aim and fire 2-3 shots faster than the Shitbarn is currently able to poke from out behind cover and aim in, and the Waffle still has another 1100 damage ready to go as well just in case you survive that. 

3 minutes ago, Va1heru said:

Remember, if everything is broken, nothing is 

It's not like pregnancy, I think there are different levels of broken and the Waffle is right up there at very broken.

Badger is a little bit broken, Kranvagn is a little bit broken, Type 5 is very broken etc. 

7 hours ago, mati_14 said:

Mati maybe I did not explain myself properly but I agree with you and @Va1heru. My problem is I am getting tired of having these kind of shit tanks that simply make the game worse. My main issue with the Waffle is it makes the game worse.

Sure Type 5s are worse, HESH and arty are retarded over 9000, but WG is doing is simply adding a tank that is not needed and ruins the game even more, without any possible advantage aside from giving bigger boners to chodestarz. So to me these tanks are practically the same because with their existance, nerf the pleasure of playing this game.

On 1/17/2018 at 2:25 PM, GehakteMolen said:

5x560 dmg with 270 pen, GG, fuck you, your dead.

Since when was it's pen so low? Ive always had 356mm pen on my standard ammo

Jap heavies, stun, shitbarn, s-tanks, overbuffed tanks including prems, powercreep, inbalanced gold ammo, not banned xvm - why I should worry about another brick when there is one big wall?Will it change something? 

Waffle is broken and retarded. It never should be part of game along with TD X (especially any hesh ones). But it used to be and probably will be. All we can do is to swear a lot and fuckface it with high caliber HE shells before it clip us. 

8 hours ago, tajj7 said:

155 has no turret, terrible gun handling and 5s between shots. It's a super awkward tank and that means it's super awkward for most players to pop out and clip someone or yolo someone. Most 155s miss or bounce at least 1 if not 2 out of the clip anyway and in most cases the target has enough about them to get out of the way in 5s before the next shell is ready.

The Waffle can just hide behind a rock, pop out, and you are dead. If you are looking the wrong way or someone else has spotted you or you have just fired and the shitter in it just never appears until that point, you are fucked. It can do 1700 damage in 4s, with 352 pen APCR, that is quicker than a JpE100 is able to get into position and aim, and just generally quicker than a 183 aims full stop. 

Imagine the current shit barn with 350 pen HESH and 0.28 accuracy, that is pretty much the Waffle is able to do cos it'll  pop out, aim and fire 2-3 shots faster than the Shitbarn is currently able to poke from out behind cover and aim in, and the Waffle still has another 1100 damage ready to go as well just in case you survive that. 

I 3 marked 155 like 1 week ago, I know what I'm talking about, exactly as you describe it, it's situational and broken as fuck. it's not a good tank, it's not bad either but I'm pretty sure I have more than 10 examples where, I traded 1 hit to deal +2k dmg. Also I feel like all of you are just imagining the worst case scenario while facing a WT, but hell, I imagine how fucked a WT will be in most of the maps where a  light tank can insta spot it and boom. DED WT. If everyone puts themselves in that ideal situation for the WT it's pretty obvious who will ended up winning. But as I remember WTs clipping tanks full HP I also remember games with a WT deleted a couple of seconds after getting spotted.

10 hours ago, CardinalMite said:

I hate these kinds of arguments, just because something else is broken and retarded too does not make it ok to reintroduce this unbalanced monstrosity. The only way they could have done something worse is if they gave the Type 5 derp an autoloader. 

For me, tbh, It would be fun, exactly because WT would counter most of the broken tanks but get fucked by them at the same time. :doge:

Guys, this is all just one big ruse to revive the low/mid tiers by going full Bane to the Batman that is tier 9 and 10.

Seriously.