Rexxie

Elimination: Removed Maps

118 posts in this topic

Remember these old maps?  While some maps were reworked or rebalanced, these maps were given up on entirely. Which did you truly despise? Which do you dearly miss? Let's find out!

If you're new to Elimination, the rules are simple - increase the most fun map on the list by 1 and decrease the least fun map on the list by 3. You're allowed to do this once per day, until only a single map remains! Try to explain your choices, even if very briefly. Highlight your increase with GREEN and your decrease with RED if possible. If you cannot use colors, use BOLD for your upvotes and ITALICS for your downvotes. If you've forgotten what these maps are, you can find them on the wiki.

I do want to mention that some of these maps had multiple iterations and even some current maps have been reworked heavily enough to almost be considered new maps - for simplicity's sake, we will be voting on the last iteration of the map before it was removed, and I will be ignoring heavily-changed current maps. Feel free to mention what you think about previous iterations, though!

3 MAPS REMAINING

Dragon Ridge        ELIMINATED  
Hidden Village      ELIMINATED 
Komarin             ELIMINATED
Northwest           
Pearl River         
Port                ELIMINATED 
Province            ELIMINATED
Severogorsk         ELIMINATED
South Coast

Elimination Order:

1. Komarin
2. Hidden Village
3. Severogorsk
4. Province
5. Dragon Ridge
6. Port

You're back?

Anyways:

Pearl River - 31 The map wasnt even that bad, at least I liked it

Komarin - 27 They tried to fix it few times, still didnt work and was generally just a campfest. Hated it.

ps. Apparently I cant bold or italic copypasted list from the OP, so apologies. Nor do I know how to color. I'm crap, sry.

Boi, I missed these. Its nice that its bit smaller than usual eliminations...considering the decreased population on the Wotlabs forums :feelsbad:

Dragon Ridge - 30 + 1 = 31. I liked this map, it was pretty beautiful; just imagine it in HD. Also it was the most ultimate fuck you ever to arties. The map was basically unplayable for arty AFAIK.
Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 27 - 3 = 24. First iteration was shit 1 minute cap games, another one was complete opposite AKA ultimate campfest until game over
Northwest - 30
Pearl River - 31
Port - 30
Province - 30
Severogorsk - 30
South Coast - 30

Dragon Ridge - 31
Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 24-3 = 21 Fuck you
Northwest - 30
Pearl River - 31
Port -  31 Nostalgia: First map I aced a tank on, in the IS6 none the less
Province - 30
Severogorsk - 30
South Coast - 30

Dragon Ridge - 31
Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 21-3=18. I struggled between this and Province, mainly because I *shudder* remember Province at high tiers and in CW. But Province was dropped to low tiers alone quickly, whereas Komarin festered.
Northwest - 30+1 = never thought this was that bad.
Pearl River - 31
Port -  31 
Province - 30
Severogorsk - 30
South Coast - 30

Dragon Ridge - 31
Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 18
Northwest - 31
Pearl River - 31 +1 = 32 After the rework a good map, actually, the new routes allowed for flanking and lame-ass back capping was almost impossible
Port -  31 
Province - 30 - 3 = 27 While i really, really, reaaaaaaalllly hate Komarin, my hate for Province is unmatched, On first test server it was name Campania (see screenshot below) and boy, the dev who named it that was was right....
Severogorsk - 30
South Coast - 30

ps: Campania IN THE F***** TRAILER

(On phone so someone pls add these)

+1 South Coast - I really liked this map. The middle had some pretty cool spots and the 9-0 line was actually fairly well made, the beach had better use than any beach on any other map as well. 

The only issue I have with the map is that it doesn’t work with the current meta. Strvs would kill every chance of aggressive play and it would become one of the shittiest T10 maps pretty fast, but in the meta it was in, it was pretty good. 

-3 Severogorsk - This map is the worst ebola I’ve ever played and we have maps like Windstorm in the game right now. No iteration of it ever worked. You could do nothing but trade regardless of where you went.

Dragon Ridge - 31
Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 18
Northwest - 31
Pearl River - 32 + 1 = 33 Playing this map after the rework was amazing, so many possibilities and 3 distinct flanks that had a unique flavor. Along with the fact that the theme was bad ass and a break from the same boring bombed out European landscapes, the map was just solid.
Port -  31 

Province - 27

Severgorsk - 27 - 3 = 24 For a map based off of a gulag it really made you feel trapped and want to kill yourself. So plus 1 for historical accuracy? 
South Coast - 30

Dragon Ridge - 31

Hidden Village - 30

Komarin - 18

Northwest - 31

Pearl River - 33 + 1 = 34   Although the three flanks didn't really support each other, with the size It proposed many possibilities, and the flexing/pushing opportunities were various.

Port -  31

Province - 27

Severgorsk - 24 - 3 = 21  I never really figured out this map and as noted above you just go somewhere and trade...

South Coast - 30

Dragon Ridge - 31+1=32 when i started play with my friend we had a blast strutting around this huge ass map in our low tiers looking for enemies to fight! fuck the minimap, its eye navigation:D all the ridges from u could shoot down were fun too. it remains in my  memory as most distinct "feature"
Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 18
Northwest - 31-3=28 way too many hiding spots made walking this map unbearable, especially for our nfs-esque gameplay at the time.
Pearl River - 34
Port -  31
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 21 

South Coast - 30

Dragon Ridge - 32 (Edit: My bad - I changed my mind halfway/ Good catch Rexxie)

Hidden Village - 30
Komarin - 18 -3 = 15 = May this map die in a fire.
Northwest - =28
Pearl River - 34 + 1 = 35 I still don't know why they removed this map.
Port -  31 
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 21  

South Coast - 31 (Added Kolni's vote form earlier)

Dragon Ridge - 33

Hidden Village - 30-3 = 27 - I hated this map from day one. it had one single brawl lane, and that was it. the rest of the map was practically useless because it was all open ground. 
Komarin - 15
Northwest - =28
Pearl River - 35
Port -  3+1 = 32 - I always liked Port. I still dont know why they originally removed it.  
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 21  
South Coast - 31

Dragon Ridge - 32 - Stealth upvote corrected.
Hidden Village - 27-3 = 24 - Even the reworked version was garbage.
Komarin - 15 - At mid tiers this didn't seem as bad to me as people make it out to be, but not worth the upvote.
Northwest - =28
Pearl River - 35 + 1 = 36 - I loved this map after the rework, and didn't even hate it before that.
Port -   32  
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 21  - I kinda liked the first version of this, though I know I'm in the minority. The rework trashed it.
South Coast - 31 - runner up for me to Pearl River, but we can only vote for one.

Dragon Ridge - 32 -
Hidden Village -24 -
Komarin - 15 -
Northwest - =28
Pearl River - 36 + 1 = 37 - Fights on the East were quite fun, but i didn't enjoy West side that much.
Port -   32  
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 21-3  = 18.  Hard to push in any tank that didn't have gun depression. Middle of the map was useless and couldn't scout.
South Coast - 31 -

Dragon Ridge - 32
Hidden Village - 25 Map size was just about right with several viable ways to play it
Komarin - 12 This map and province was so horrible with vision meta and one of the first maps were td's could camp in base with an abundance of foliage
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 37
Port - 32  
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 18
South Coast - 31

Dragon Ridge - 32
Hidden Village - 25
Komarin - 12
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 37
Port - 32  + 1 = 33. If memory serves correct, port was actually a pretty flexible map with its only issues being some imbalance between the sides. If that was fixed, this map could be one of the best maps.
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 18
South Coast - 31 -3. While I do miss this map, fuck any map that encourages camping TDs.

Dragon Ridge - 32 + 1 = 33 Hilly and interesting and exciting, oh my! I loved running around and the plethora of flanking options for lighter tanks.
Hidden Village - 25 - 3 = 22 On the other hand, if you weren't brick/hull-down/both, this map was trash. Open EVERYWHERE but the south corridor, absolute PITA to play.
Komarin - 12
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 37
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 18
South Coast - 28

Edited by Errants
Was thinking of Pearl River when I wrote up Dragon Ridge.

Dragon Ridge - 33
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin - 12
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 37 + 1 = 38. Don't see why they even removed this,it was a pretty good map after reworks IMO
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 18 - 3 = 15. Utter garbage in its both iterations.
South Coast - 28

Dragon Ridge - 34. Without a doubt the most interesting and fun map the game ever had.
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin - 12
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 38
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 12. Not for nothing was this commonly referred to as Cancergorsk (Actually the last iteration wasn't that bad, but it was worst than all the other maps here.)
South Coast - 28

On mobile so can't do the colour thing.

Komarin -3. This map was so bad.  No real cover on the flanks, tiny brawling area on the island where every heavy tank went to making it impossible to do anything.

Northwest +1. I really like this map, not the best of what's left maybe, but a solid map imo. You could corner fight across the mountain in the north, loads of cover in the quarry area another split level brawling zone near the lake in the south.  It was a map where every class could at least do something constructive.

Dragon Ridge - 34.
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin - 12
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 38 + 1 = 39, compared to what we have now this actually wasn't that bad, a bit corridory but felt bigger than many other maps 
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 12. 
South Coast - 28 -3. = 25 TD camping hill was stupid, beach was an original corridor, both bases encouraged base camping and most of the map was still just brawling. 

Dragon Ridge - 34.
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin - 12 - 3 = 9 The entire idea of this map is doomed to fail, no matter how many times they try to fix it. I hope it's gone for good.
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 39 + 1 = 40 After the rework this map was really nice, it somehow felt less "corridorish" than most of the stuff we have now.
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 12. 
South Coast - 25 

Dragon Ridge - 34
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin - 9 - 3 = 6
worst map of ever, jesus christ i just remember going everywhere ever and getting hammered by bush camping TD's

Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 40 +1 = 41
I'm actually not sure why they removed this map. It was pretty fun.

Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 12. 
South Coast - 25