Rexxie

Elimination: Removed Maps

118 posts in this topic

I really don't understand why they removed Pearl River. It was a really interesting map with positions for all tank classes.

Komarin started bad and never improved through all the changes.

I didn't even know that Province had been removed?!

Dragon Ridge - 34
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin - 6 - 3 = 3
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 41 + 1 = 42
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 12
South Coast - 25

-3 for Komarin (kill) 

+1 South Coast as mentioned before and far the most playable map among these. Taking mid from south and 9/0 from north were super controlling plays that allowed you to do so much in terms of map control that plenty of maps don’t allow today. 

This was by far the best small map in the game. 

Pearl River was removed because of pubbie complaints afaik

Dragon Ridge - 34 + 1 = 35
Hidden Village - 22
Komarin 0
Northwest - 28
Pearl River - 42
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk - 12 - 3 = 9
South Coast - 26

Severogorsk IIRC was the epitome of the "three corridors" map design meta in its original form, and the reworked one wasn't much better.  Just a fucking awful map, especially for someone who at the time primarily played lightly-armored TDs, mediums, and light tanks.

I really liked dragon ridge - it's an actually interesting map design and, as mentioned elsewhere, the map itself was impossible for arty to do anything useful on.

New Day, New Votes:

Dragon Ridge -  35
Hidden Village - 22 -3 = 19 I don't understand the Severgorsk hate compared to this. Both corridor maps, but Sev was way better, especially before they reworked it.
Komarin 0  (First eliminated map.)
Northwest - 29 Bumped for zbran.
Pearl River - 42
Port - 33
Province - 27
Severgorsk -  9
South Coast - 26 +1 = 27 Still liked Pearl River more, but it's in no danger, so I'll vote here.

7 hours ago, zbran said:

On mobile so can't do the colour thing.

Komarin -3. This map was so bad.  No real cover on the flanks, tiny brawling area on the island where every heavy tank went to making it impossible to do anything.

Northwest +1. I really like this map, not the best of what's left maybe, but a solid map imo. You could corner fight across the mountain in the north, loads of cover in the quarry area another split level brawling zone near the lake in the south.  It was a map where every class could at least do something constructive.

Updating to include zbran's votes. His downvote for Komarin is redundant, it's dead. Northwest upvoted.

@Rexxie Edit: Nvm, see you added a link to the maps

Dragon Ridge -  35
Hidden Village - 16 - This map was introduced when I first got into Relix Aux, and stats started improving. Thus, shitloads of fucked up ass brained cunt bitch ebola fucktards and the arty which could still consistently 1-shit you was still in the game. Fuck this map. 1 area to play, and no where to hide if you wa
Northwest - 29
Pearl River - 42
Port - 34 - Still a favorite. The south side did have an advantage due to being on the low ground and being able to shoot up under the cars, but a simple spawn adjustment (East/west instead of north/south) could have fixed that. Lots of areas to run around in, lots of opportunities to actually flank
Province - 27
Severgorsk -  9
South Coast - 27

Severgorsk is bad, but again could have been somewhat 'fixed' with leveling of terrain and removing cancer from the game. At least here you had two corridors, unlike the 1 hidden village had and without arty cover

Dragon Ridge - 35

Hidden Village - 16

Northwest - 29

Pearl River - 42

Port - 34

Province - 27

Severgorsk - 6 The only positive was the hidden Sturmtiger in one of the garages.

South Coast - 28 Was at least playable map, not like most of the maps on this list.

Dragon Ridge -  35
Hidden Village - 13 - Drive to kemp spot, hide like bitch, and wait for the first to move + Shitloads of fucked up ass brained cunt bitch ebola fucktard arty which could still consistently 1-shit you, fuck this map. 1 area to play, and no where to hide.
Northwest - 29
Pearl River - 42
Port - 34
Province - 27
Severogorsk -  6 +1 = 7 the first version was without doubt one of the worst maps of all time, but the second version was actually good (unless you where paper td or light, but fuck those 2 clases anyway) Reason it was decent / good: YOU COULD ACTUALLY FLANK, since just like on ensk there are too much routes / too few campers to lock down the whole map, so you could always find a way around and fuck them up. Lots of rocks and corners, it was more or less a city map, with rocks instead of houses, and without the stupid long fire lanes (like on paris...)
South Coast - 28

For those who confuse first camp 2 win version with second brawling party:

Jeez, I haven't played or seen this forum game format since 2012! Been a while...

Dragon Ridge -  35 + 1 = 36 Ignoring occasional the graphical issues, the map wasn't that bad. And the game really lacks a map in this setting after the removal of Pearl River.
Hidden Village - 13 
Northwest - 29
Pearl River - 42
Port - 34
Province - 27 - 3 = 24 Taught low tier players that camping is the way of the game, too many draws when I was last at those tiers.
Severogorsk -  7
South Coast - 28

Dragon Ridge  36 

Hidden Village - 13 - 3 = 10 Fuck this arty shooting gallery.  Only about 20% of the map was even playable.  The epitome of lazy design.
Northwest - 29 + 1= 30 I never understood why this map got the axe.  It was a good pub map and a great CW map
Pearl River - 42
Port - 34
Province - 27 
Severogorsk -  7
South Coast - 28

Dragon Ridge  36 

Hidden Village - 10

Northwest - 30 + 1 = 31 It was a little unbalanced and the lower level pubbie trap could be frustrating, but the look, feel, and play was unique.

Pearl River - 42

Port - 34

Province - 27 

Severogorsk -  7 - 3 = 4 Although the second iteration was better, as a paper medium or light it was crap.  Heavies have enough brawling centric maps/areas already...

South Coast - 28

Dragon Ridge: 36
Hidden Village:10 - 3 = 7  Single corridor of heavy tank and arty fuckery, 2/3rds of open stupidity with stealth caps... Yet, all this gameplay area was still only 1/2 the map, thanks to mountains and "aesthetics". Fuck this shit. Only halfway good part was that the building in the NE/Center was mostly destructible.
Northwest: 31
Pearl River: 42 + 1 = 43  Fun, interesting, multiple avenues for all classes. Rough on slow tanks due to size, but was nice eye candy and always fun to play.
Port: 34
Province: 27
Severogorsk: 4
South Coast: 28

Hidden Village:7 - 3 = 4. Fuck this map. Tons of locations for TDs to camp and effectively be useless until their team lost. You could only realistically go one way to win (the west). If you went east, you were generally looking to just pad.
Northwest: 31
Pearl River: 43
Severogorsk: 4+1 = 5. Severogorsk was actually good in the updated version. It had typical brawling lanes for heavies, TDs couldn't really camp effectively due to few bushes (barring the one boost in the south) which forced TDs to play aggro, and tons of opportunities to flank. I recall being able to play anywhere to much success and being able to flank with ease. I agree with @GehakteMolen on this.

+1 to Northwest = 32, was a bit corridory but I'd much rather play this than some of the maps in the game, it's way better than Abbey or Mountain pass for example, at least there were some flanking options.

-3 Hidden Village = 1, one long playable area where you would get screwed by arty all day, half the map size was wasted by mountains, rest of the map was useless and just camped out by TDs. 

Hidden Village: 1 - 3 = DEAD. Diabolical map, incredibly lazy design with a large percentage of the map being inaccessible and the rest being a corridor kempfest. 
Northwest: 32
Pearl River: 43 + 1 = 44 Loved this map after the rework, variety of options depending on what you fancied. Do not understand why this was removed..
Severogorsk: 5

Pearl River: 44 + 1 = 45
This map was really good. I wish WG would bring it back.

Severogorsk: 5 -3 = 2
Fuck this gay ass 3-corridor map. I liked the 2nd version a bit better, but overall I hated it so much.

Pearl River: 45+1=46

Also really enjoyed Pearl River. Lots of places to go, wish they would put it back in.

Province: 27-3=24 literally the worst map ever introduced at high tiers, so bad that they restricted it to tier 3 and under the next patch.

Severogorsk: 2

New day, new votes!

Dragon Ridge: 36 -3 = 33 Before my time, and I don't really dislike any of the others, so this one gets the vote by default.

Pearl River:  46
Port: 34 - not sure how this got eliminated a few posts back. Not voting for it, just restoring it to the list.
Province: 24

Severogorsk: 2
South Coast: 28 + 1 = 29 Pretty and fun to play. Room for most classes of tanks to do things.

Dragon Ridge: 33
Pearl River:  46 + 1 = 47: First version of this map blew massive balls. The last version was actually very fun and i have no idea why it got axed
Province: 24

Severogorsk: 2 - 3 = DEAD This map sucked to start with and sucked in the end.
South Coast: 29

Dragon Ridge: 33
Pearl River: 47
Province: 24 +1 = 25  As a full tier map, shit. However, as BT 1 and 2, this was a decent map, as it taught vision control to pubbies. Also, useful for farming Ace's on shittier tanks.
South Coast: 29 - 3 = 26  Campy, laney, and generally not fun. Overlord is this map, done better (beach on west, hilly medium zone on east, west/central brawling area).

Edited by Errants
Tried, but won't let me edit in colors.

Dragon Ridge: 33 +1 = 34, awesome map, removed because ALL the morons always went down into the pit. The pit beiing a useless spot, with zero tactical advantage AND awefull to play at, yet ppl insisted on going to it, Afterwardsd they kept complaining and this it got removed. This map is the ultimate proof that no game has suchs awefull bad playerbase (skillwise) as wot... (because in EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME, PEOPLE WOULD STOP GOING TO A PLACE WHICH:

A: MAKES THEM LOOSE

B: IS AWEFULL TO PLAY AT

Pearl River: 47
Province: 25 -3 = 22 Long ago we used this as our HQ CW map, 15 mins camping, COME AT US, for the rest awefull...
South Coast: 26

Damn. I was too late to save Severogorsk. I liked it at the end after all of the changes. I actually like most of the maps that are left.

Dragon Ridge: 34
Northwest: 32 - 3 = 29 In pubs, the heavies usually fought way down hill and couldn't get back up to base if the other flank fell.
Pearl River: 47 + 1 = 48
Province: 22

Dragon Ridge: 34 - 3 = 31. I don't ever recall dragon ridge being fun to play.
Northwest: 29
Pearl River: 48 + 1 = 49. I only have good memories about this map. Lots of flankable locations, overall felt useful anywhere. Middle being a super close range brawling location made it really fun. However, I have doubts about it in the current meta with stuff like super conqs/krans being able to abuse the north end of the middle now.
Province: 22

Dragon ridge 31-3 = 28  The setting was fantastic and truly unique.  But I never liked the way it played, even as a tomato . The way it played always seemed disjointed.  The narrow approaches to areas on the hills meant that players would be pushing each other off the hill tops as the jostled for position.  As mentioned above the death valley area was ridiculous, it didn't take long to figure out that if you had good gun depression it was like shooting fish in a barrel. The IKEA TD's  would have a field day on this map.  TLDR.. I always found this a difficult map to win on, but very easy to lose.

Northwest: 29+1= 30. Come on this was a decent map! There was various was to play this map which is nice. All classes could do something useful (Not you arty you can go fuck yourself with a rusty nail) and it was a nice looking map too.

+1 South Coast (and no it is not similar to Overlord at all. South Coast have good camping spots but they are definitively not on the Overlord level where you control the entire map from one spot. Not to mention pushing anywhere on Overlord is impossible as you have to slowplay everything while you could aggro middle and 9/0 right from the start on South Coast. It’s all the small things that make a map good and this is honestly one of those maps.

-3 Province. TDs and their viewrange broke it at low tiers. This map cannot work with VR enhancing skills/equipment.

double post

Edited by Kolni