Rexxie

Elimination: Removed Maps

118 posts in this topic

Dragon Ridge: 17 -3 = 14 Still like the other 4. Still have no feelings about this one.
Northwest: 30
Pearl River: 49
Port: 30
South Coast: 26 + 1 = 27  Still the second best out of those left (and we've already reached consensus on Pearl River). 

Dragon Ridge: 14

Northwest: 30

Port: 30 - 3 = 27 No rose coloured glasses for Port, and it was way better in the Chaffee races version.

South Coast: 27 + 1 = 28  #SaveSouthCoast

(Its tough to keep voting... Never played Dragon Ridge and to varying degrees like the remaining four.)

I don't have anything new to add. I liked Northwest, Pearl River and South Coast. I never played Dragon Ridge (except a training room years ago). I barely remember Port, and it doesn't look as good as those other three.

• Dragon Ridge: 14
  • Northwest: 30
  • Pearl River: 49
  • Port: 27 - 3 = 24
  • South Coast: 28 + 1 = 29

Dragon Ridge 14
Northwest 30 - 3 = 27, Northwest was also a big moron map, big tds camp on the ridge / in the base, and the rest of the team could: ``you try? you die!``, many fun
Pearl River 49
Port 21
South Coast  30

Dragon Ridge 14 - 3 = 11 I played on the map maybe a dozen times before it got the axe, all I really remember was how OP elevation was, with the new light tanks, physics and spotting changes, it might be kinda fun now with a rework.
Northwest 24 
Pearl River 49 +1 = 50 This map was around just as fastbois was taking off, OMG the lols of cromwells in the central maze was great
Port 22 
South Coast  30 - I never thought this was a bad map, from south spawn rush the opposite balcony.  At least the corridors were connected and you could flank and cross fire.  It was a little small, but most of the old maps were.

1 minute ago, Archaic_One said:

Dragon Ridge 14 - 3 = 11 I played on the map maybe a dozen times before it got the axe, all I really remember was how OP elevation was, with the new light tanks, physics and spotting changes, it might be kinda fun now with a rework.
Northwest 24 
Pearl River 49 +1 = 50 This map was around just as fastbois was taking off, OMG the lols of cromwells in the central maze was great
Port 22 
South Coast  30 - I never thought this was a bad map, from south spawn rush the opposite balcony.  At least the corridors were connected and you could flank and cross fire.  It was a little small, but most of the old maps were.

(i alrdy voted, so just a comment)

Why was elevation OP?

1. Everybody spawned on top (except for arty i think)
  2. The caps where at the bottom of the map
  3. the fastest way from spawn to cap, was drive on the top of the ridge, and go down near the others teams spawn

The whole ``slow tank suck on hills`` all the morons always complained made zero sense, since there was ZERO REASON to go down, UNLESS you wanted to cap (and capping = for morons and wins the game only once a week or so)

See all the dumb morons going to  9-0 line? all morons, since there is no reason to go there, its not a shortcurt, not a strategical point, its useless beyond useless, its the biggest noob trap the game ever had, fighting in the pitt was awefull, and once you won, you where still stuck, since getting out took ages and ages AND you would show your bottom to any camper on top.

The other team could steamroll your team in village and turn around to go back and beat down every single moron that went in the pitt easy peasy...

So, in essence didn't you just kind of agree that elevation was OP?  That means the 2/3 of the map was either useless or a death trap.  Maybe if I had a few more than a couple of hundred games under my belt I would have figured it out, but it was gone before I knew which end of my gun to point at red tanks.

Dragon Ridge 11
Northwest 24 + 1 = 25. Like Pearl River, removed for unreasonable reasons when it easily could have fixed. Basically the only problems were the pubbie trap at south and slight unbalance but thats about it. We have BS mega unbalanced maps like Live Oaks and Mines encounter that still are in the game :v
Pearl River 50
Port 22 - 3 = 19. It was a fun map but became substantially worse with introducion of the ability to shoot through brickwalls.
South Coast  30

Dragon Ridge 11 -3 = 8 Because dragons clearly belong in fantasy games, not tank games.
Northwest 25
Pearl River 50
Port 19.
South Coast  30 +1 = 31 Soft cover, hard cover, interactive lanes. Same argument.

I have no idea what the previous poster did to change the format, so I don't know how to unchange it.

Dragon Ridge 8 - 3 = 5 I'm assisting the inevitable elimination of this map even though I never played it.
Northwest 25
Pearl River 50
Port 19. 
South Coast  31 + 1 = 32 I probably would vote for Pearl River again, but @Darvek already had the colors set for this one, I liked it and I'm lazy.

Dragon Ridge 5 + 1 = 6. DON'T DIEEE YEEET
Northwest 25
Pearl River 50
Port 19 - 3 = 16 I have overall positive memories from this map but like said, when they reworked the shooting mechanics through walls, the map became kinda bad and with that in mind the worst of this bunch
South Coast  32

Dragon Ridge: 6-3 =3. People have already outlined the problems with it.  When you're not a good player you rely on your team to help win a game. That fact made it very difficult to win on this map.

Northwest: 25+1= 26. Again unicorns are in a much better position to point out flaws with this map then me, but I never really saw any major problems with it. It was also very different looking compared to other maps.  It was better than Port though.

Dragon Ridge: 3 - 3 = 0 "I felt like destroying something beautiful..."
Northwest: 26 + 1 = 27 I miss this map. It needed less delta elevation, and the area in the SE to be playable and not 1/2 water... But this was fun and nice. Oh, and I refuse to upvote South Coast.
Pearl River: 50
Port: 16
South Coast: 32

Northwest: 27
Port: 13-3 = 10 I feel like a jerk downvoting this poor little fella. He was so cute and defenseless. I like this map, but I like it least of the 4 remaining.
South Coast: 33 + 1 = 34 Still a beautiful map with lots of interesting play. Still gets my upvote.

1 hour ago, Darvek said:

Port: 13-3 = 10 I feel like a jerk downvoting this poor little fella. He was so cute and defenseless. I like this map, but I like it least of the 4 remaining.
South Coast: 33 + 1 = 34 Still a beautiful map with lots of interesting play. Still gets my upvote.

South coast +1

Beautiful indeed. A map where unicums surprised the shit out of me by rushing mid in a pair of E 50 Ms...when i was a noob, then proceeding to wreck the whole team... Interesting map for endgame, too. Bases had campy spots, true( mostly south one), but you had 4 access routes to each base. Still better than 3/4 of other maps where arty or big gun turretless TD have at least 50% chance to simply preaim and wait for you in 1 vs 1.

Done plenty of missions here,  mostly TD and med ones - going rather agro in 416 and ISU...

Pearl River -3

It was a nice map after redesign, too. Arty fucked up heavies , but now arter arty nerf would play just fine. Basecamping would not win here most of the time...but in lower tiers it was a cancer (before TD vision nerf, waffle ...). removal of a few bushes at spawn didn't correct it completely. 

Pearl River: 47+1 = 48 Fun heavy brawls and the map changes adressed the south bridge camps strats.
Port: 10
South Coast: 35-3= 32 Middle valley was only good for north spawn and south spawn didn't have as great base camping spawns. Sea side for north had a better defendable position in the far back, and better support from base campers.

Northwest: 27 + 1 = 28 This map felt really big.
Pearl River: 48
Port: 10 - 3 = 7 This one goes next.
South Coast: 32

7 hours ago, hiipanda said:

Middle valley was only good for north spawn and south spawn didn't have as great base camping spawns. Sea for north had a better defendable position in the far back, and better support from base campers.

Actually, the south spawn had the better middle. The north spawn had the better 3 line and 0line. The north had two really good camping spots right next to eachother but you really had to be an idiot to get constantly caught by it.

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

Actually, the south spawn had the better middle. The north spawn had the better 3 line and 0line. The north had two really good camping spots right next to eachother but you really had to be an idiot to get constantly caught by it.

Right, i mixed that part up.

Northwest: 28 + 1 = 29 I was never sorry to see this map come up in rotation.

Port: 7 - 3 = 1 Changes to the Game core killed this more than Game play.

South Coast: 32