Rexxie

Elimination: Removed Maps

118 posts in this topic

Northwest: 29 + 1 = 30 Honestly, I'm just upvoting for parity.  All three remaining maps were good maps that should be in the rotation

Pearl River: 49

Port: 1 - 3 = Gone  When the highlight of this map was Chaffee Racing, its probably not worthy of the top 3

South Coast: 32

Bring all 3 back. /thread

• Northwest: 30
  • Pearl River: 49
  • South Coast: 32

Northwest: 30+1=31 I loved seeing this map pop up in rotation. And it'd be interesting to see how well the map plays with the newer/faster LT's out now.
South Coast: 32-3=29 Maybe I'm too shit at the game, but I do NOT see the comparative love for this map. Not for randoms, at least. It needs to go.

4 hours ago, Errants said:

Northwest: 31

South Coast: 29

Northwest: 31

Pearl River: 49-3=46. Chinese maps=Kitsch

South Coast: 29+1=30. This would be good if it got the Mines treatment. Remove the base camping appeal. Beach was way better than it is now on Overlord, anyway. A legit tactic in a slow heavy to avoid being dog food for camping TDs. I wonder if the TDs would be today as effective, though. Armor creep+TD vision nerf...

Northwest: 31 - 3 = 28 I actually really like this map, but this is a cutthroat forum game.
South Coast: 30 + 1 = 31 Don't die, old friend!

Northwest: 28 + 1 = 29 Prefer Northwest to South Coast.

South Coast: 31 - 3 = 28  Its the final 3 #SaveSouthCoast

Northwest: 29+1=30 Need moar pine trees!
Pearl River: 49 (I think we've found the winner)
South Coast: 28-3=25 Sink the Greek!

Northwest: 30 - 3 = 27
South Coast: 25 + 1 = 26

It looks like we can call it for Pearl River. The other two are going to slowly die.

If they did bring Pearl River back, then I’d advocate for making the mountain paths more arty safe. 

What was the WG justification for removing Pear River in the first place?

5 hours ago, monjardin said:

What was the WG justification for removing Pear River in the first place?

As nearly as I can remember, the bases were very camp friendly for TDs that could hide in OP bushes and shoot you coming across open field after spending 8 minutes without firing a shot.  It WAS a problem, but an easy one to fix - it would have required much less work than swamp or redshire got.

Northwest: 27 - 3 = 24 Do we really have to keep explaining our votes?
South Coast: 26 + 1 = 27 We've kinda been over this ground already.

Looks like we're down to two pretty even camps, who like Northwest or South Coast better. It's a race to the bottom now.

Northwest: 24+1=25
Pearl River: 46
South Coast: 27-3=24

Northwest: 25+1= 26 Changes to the north helped, but going into the valley reminds me of overlord.
Pearl River: 43
South Coast: 25-3=22 Changes didn't help this map much and it still retained the same problems.

Northwest: 26 - 3 = 23 Bring back Northwest!
Pearl River: 46 And Pearl River!
South Coast: 22 +1 = 23 Bring back South Coast too!

Northwest: 23+1=24 Bring back the Pacific rainforest!
Pearl River: 46
South Coast: 23-3=20 No bailouts for Greece!

Should we settle for top 3?:nanoserb: Since this might take awhile with the activity we have.... @Rexxie

Best removed maps:

1) Pearl River

2) Northwest

3) South Coast

I have no idea why any of these three maps were removed. For me Pearl River was the hardest one to play on, since it was common occurrence having to fight camping TDs in their base bushes.  Having said that, Pearl River had pretty diverse meta and you could play it many ways and there were plenty of room to maneuver with each type of vehicle.

Northwest meta was kinda boring, north western corner (who would have thought) was the medium/LT slugging spot, heavies brawled at the opposite corner backed by TDs on each side. Some odd lurkers in the middle, but nothing useful could be achieved from there most of the time. It wasnt a bad map anyways....

South Coast. One of the first maps to have a retard magnet beach. Very diverse map for each classes, with plenty of opportunities to roam and wide alleys to engage from.

I'm happy with the order they're in at the moment. Sure, Pearl River might have been the hardest to play, but I like the challenge. For the same reason I like Erlenberg, even though the battle scenario is always the same. This game has seen some shitty maps and some of them are still in the rotation:  Paris, Mines, Swamp and Live Oaks come to mind. None of the three removed maps were as lopsided as the ones i mentioned in the previous sentence.

I agree, all 3 of these maps should be in the game.  All they needed was a minor bit of tweeking to fix a few balance issues.  Nothing a carefully placed castle or lighthouse could not have fixed. :minidoge: