Sign in to follow this  
CraBeatOff

Do you EVEN 90?

140 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Type64 has similar hp/t and speed , no?

Probably similar yeh, though Type turns much much better and is generally much more comfy of a tank. 

Funny thing is, if you gave the Type tier 8 HP and penetration, plus probably buffed the alpha to 170 like the Bulldog, it would be a much superior light to the ELC, even has higher view range cos reasons. 

2 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Probably similar yeh, though Type turns much much better and is generally much more comfy of a tank. 

Funny thing is, if you gave the Type tier 8 HP and penetration, plus probably buffed the alpha to 170 like the Bulldog, it would be a much superior light to the ELC, even has higher view range cos reasons. 

Not really. DPM is nice but that shell speed is cancer plus the Even camo is really something. I really think camo is the most underrated tank factor. 

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

But there are positions that only work on the move

I was worried about this when setting up with bino's. But I'm yet to be outspotted by another light. Lighting other LT's when driving in the opening and going into flight mode, only to realise they haven't spotted you in return...

8 hours ago, CraBeatOff said:

A 660 spike is another trick.

Still working out the limits of the camo. Averaging more assisted than actual dpg after ~20 games. Need to watch more of your replays to help me get the gun working harder next. The dpm does make me cry a little when trying to mop up though.

8 hours ago, sohojacques said:

I was worried about this when setting up with bino's. But I'm yet to be outspotted by another light. Lighting other LT's when driving in the opening and going into flight mode, only to realise they haven't spotted you in return...

Still working out the limits of the camo. Averaging more assisted than actual dpg after ~20 games. Need to watch more of your replays to help me get the gun working harder next. The dpm does make me cry a little when trying to mop up though.

Oh man, the camo is great. You can be 250m away from another LT and still not be lit while in the open. In a bush, once they start getting to 130m away, you should probably hightail it outta there if you haven't already. Generally though you can tell when to run away since you have a good 30 seconds to react before they get to you. 

The gun is more for assassinating isolated things or semi-isolated things and spreading shots opportunistically which is really possible in it since you're freaking tiny and no one expects you to appear. They tend to miss you too as they try to autoaim. 

15 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Not really. DPM is nice but that shell speed is cancer plus the Even camo is really something. I really think camo is the most underrated tank factor. 

Shell speed is cancer on the Even 90, you try hitting another light tank with it, combined with your terrible bloom and aim time, it's basically pointless. 

The camo is being over rated IMO, people are going mental about the camo, but the T92 is like 6% behind and a vastly better tank in every other way. T92 will do everything an Even 90 can do spotting wise because of the higher base view range and better mobility. I completely shredded an ELC in my T92 yesterday, even though he was loaded, got the jump on me and could have clipped me as I was on low health, he couldn't hit me, missed all 3 shots and I could just hit him on the move with ease.  The ELC just is not able to defend itself against other lights in the slightest. Had it from the opposite side as well, yolo suicide Lttb played by a 47% er, killed me with ease because the cancer gun just couldn't hit him and he could hit me on the move and I couldn't out run him. 

I also spawned next to one on Paris in my T92, the difference in acceleration between the two tanks is like watching a light compared to a tier 8 medium, it's just no contest, it's Usain Bolt racing against an 800m runner. This means when you want to close a gap to clip someone or dodge fire, you are often just too slow. 

Plus camo is relevant on about 6-7 maps, you get a run of like Ensk, Stalingrad, Kharkov, you are shafted and will be the most weak tank in the game, even if there are lower tiers. 

It's a terrible, terrible tank, that has one trick, that is usable on about 7-8 maps, if you get them. 

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Shell speed is cancer on the Even 90, you try hitting another light tank with it, combined with your terrible bloom and aim time, it's basically pointless. 

The camo is being over rated IMO, people are going mental about the camo, but the T92 is like 6% behind and a vastly better tank in every other way. T92 will do everything an Even 90 can do spotting wise because of the higher base view range and better mobility. I completely shredded an ELC in my T92 yesterday, even though he was loaded, got the jump on me and could have clipped me as I was on low health, he couldn't hit me, missed all 3 shots and I could just hit him on the move with ease.  The ELC just is not able to defend itself against other lights in the slightest. Had it from the opposite side as well, yolo suicide Lttb played by a 47% er, killed me with ease because the cancer gun just couldn't hit him and he could hit me on the move and I couldn't out run him. 

I also spawned next to one on Paris in my T92, the difference in acceleration between the two tanks is like watching a light compared to a tier 8 medium, it's just no contest, it's Usain Bolt racing against an 800m runner. This means when you want to close a gap to clip someone or dodge fire, you are often just too slow. 

Plus camo is relevant on about 6-7 maps, you get a run of like Ensk, Stalingrad, Kharkov, you are shafted and will be the most weak tank in the game, even if there are lower tiers. 

It's a terrible, terrible tank, that has one trick, that is usable on about 7-8 maps, if you get them. 

Please dont judge a tank based on it;s 1 vs 1 potential vs other lights. You know better and should not do it. It's a 15 vs 15 game and there are many different scenario. Also this is evaluating lights as shit meds.

Also camo is usable on 2/3 of the maps plus the size of the tank matters too and it helps it. As others pointed out it's harder to do well in the Even but the skill celling is very high here. 

Lastly how is camo overrated when no one speaks about it? Small camo differences make a huge difference. 20m may seem like shit but in many oscasions it means getting spotted going to a position or not getting spotted or being able to get one bush closer. 

5 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Please dont judge a tank based on it;s 1 vs 1 potential vs other lights. You know better and should not do it. It's a 15 vs 15 game and there are many different scenario. Also this is evaluating lights as shit meds.

Also camo is usable on 2/3 of the maps plus the size of the tank matters too and it helps it. As others pointed out it's harder to do well in the Even but the skill celling is very high here. 

Lastly how is camo overrated when no one speaks about it? Small camo differences make a huge difference. 20m may seem like shit but in many oscasions it means getting spotted going to a position or not getting spotted or being able to get one bush closer. 

1v1s in lights is important, because often lights are contesting the same spots early game without much support, not to mention the game is full of lights at the moment, usually 3/4 a side and that means chances are someone is going to yolo without caring, meaning you often find yourself needing to defend 1v1, especially as the average team mate supporting you is awful. Also yoloing this light is a pretty low risk move in other lights, because they hold all the advantages over it. if I see one and I think it doesn't have that much support I'll yolo it as it's basically a free kill. 

The tank's combat capacity is terrible, literally everything related to the gun is so bad, worse than many tier 6 tanks. 

All lights have a high skill ceiling, this one is no different from the others, it's just a more situational light, which IMO makes it crap. Looking at most people I've seen playing it, they under perform compared to their other tier 8 lights, that is a poor tank. I think Circon got it spot on, it's an awful tank that has the meme potential to have insane games when the right situation arrives. 

Everyone is talking about the camo, just read the thread and IMO 20m is generally irrelevant and not worth trading literally every other aspect of the tank for. Sure the size has some meme potential, but again I have no issues finding bushes for my other lights and the tank is so sluggish it is just not able to often sidehug things because it can't close the gap quick enough. 

Extremely debatable that camo is usable on 2/3rds of maps, 1/3 at a push. Not to mention spotting is team dependent and that is frustration city. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

1v1s in lights is important, because often lights are contesting the same spots early game without much support, not to mention the game is full of lights at the moment, usually 3/4 a side and that means chances are someone is going to yolo without caring, meaning you often find yourself needing to defend 1v1, especially as the average team mate supporting you is awful. Also yoloing this light is a pretty low risk move in other lights, because they hold all the advantages over it. if I see one and I think it doesn't have that much support I'll yolo it as it's basically a free kill. 

The tank's combat capacity is terrible, literally everything related to the gun is so bad, worse than many tier 6 tanks. 

All lights have a high skill ceiling, this one is no different from the others, it's just a more situational light, which IMO makes it crap. Looking at most people I've seen playing it, they under perform compared to their other tier 8 lights, that is a poor tank. I think Circon got it spot on, it's an awful tank that has the meme potential to have insane games when the right situation arrives. 

Everyone is talking about the camo, just read the thread and IMO 20m is generally irrelevant and not worth trading literally every other aspect of the tank for. Sure the size has some meme potential, but again I have no issues finding bushes for my other lights and the tank is so sluggish it is just not able to often sidehug things because it can't close the gap quick enough. 

Extremely debatable that camo is usable on 2/3rds of maps, 1/3 at a push. Not to mention spotting is team dependent and that is frustration city. 

You overestimate 1 vs 1 in lights. There are huge differences in 1 vs 1 potential in lights. If I see a t49, t71 or something like that on the enemy team I don't go to a position there anyway since it means I will loose 3/4-all of my hp. It's super easy to control who you engage in lights and you are somehow suggesting engagements can be forced on you here. Also you will really yolo it? A good player will still punish you with the autoloader if you go too close. I'd rather yolo with an autoloader tank than against one. Unless by yolo you mean a 100m+ peaking engagement where the tank really sucks.

All lights have high skill celling is a stupid sentence because it suggests you think the celling is in the same spot for all of them. It isn't. This one is harder to play. 

It is clear you are not a spotting focused light player and you play lights like mediums from your comments. 20m is important on many maps. It is often a difference between getting spotted going to a position and not. 

As for saying that you debate the 2/3 maps claim it only shows again that you focus on playing lights like meds. If you do yeah camo is not as usable but to list the maps that benefit (doesn't mean they are 100% spotting wonders but where you can use it to influence games) from camo: Fiery Salient, Fishermans bay (though that's more in the late game but still), Highway, Lakeville, Karelia, Live Oaks, Malinovka, Murovanka, Redshire, Serene coast (again more after the initial engagement but still room to abuse), steppes, swamp, erlenberg, El Haluf, Sand River. I'd argue for a few more where you can still have some benefits from camo.

Trading literally every other important stat for compact size and a bit more camo then the T71 DA (HP is also traded relative to tier) sounds only marginally (if that) less stupid than the WZ-120 trading everything for alpha, including DPM, armour, gun handling, acceleration, gun depression, etc.

Thank god I don't buy premium tanks anymore.

Who is trying to 1v1 other LTs? Since when is hp trading in a vision/camo class with hp and no capacity to bounce a good idea? Does anyone who is objecting to this tanks strengths watch my replays? How many replays do I need to post? @tajj7 did you watch the replays?  Almost every objection I read makes some fundamentally wrong assumption - like that there's no vision on Ruinberg and Ensk or that 7% camo is basically nothing. 

36 minutes ago, CraBeatOff said:

Since when is hp trading in a vision/camo class with hp and no capacity to bounce a good idea?

Almost every objection I read makes some fundamentally wrong assumption - like that there's no vision on Ruinberg and Ensk or that 7% camo is basically nothing. 

Warning: Sarcastic nitpicking ahead :P

1. My WZ-111 1-4 would like a word with T-100 LT drivers on their supposed lack of capacity to bounce, because those RUSSIAN BS TURRETS (insert lots of screaming here)... I think you mean "class with no capacity to bounce at Tier 5+ unless Russian"

2. You mean "7% difference in camo", yeah? ;) Because My Jagdtiger has more than 7% camo stationary with a camo net :P

If you're trying to 1v1 an LT that is not <660 hp, you're doing it wrong, are bad and should feel bad.

Common sense stuff really. You have an autoloader so your engagements have to be dictated by your terms and given how fragile the even 90 is, it must always be dictated by you or you will get punished. 

Fortunately its freakishly small enough to be able to maneuver itself to be able to dictate its own terms most of the time. 

A T92 is not small enough nor does it have the 660 spike that makes the even unique. 

Before I got the tank I thought it was crap. But after  I bought it and played and marked it. It actually works.

It shouldnt work but it does somehow. I cant tell why that is.  Its just gets away with some stuff you cant get away with in any other light due to the smalll size, seed and camo.  Best spotter at tier8 and the you are always in a position to get your gun working so the dmgoutput isnt even that bad.    

Is it OP or UP? I honestly cant tell, but I did enjoy it a lot and you cant argue with 2300 avg assist and 76% WR. The tank just works.

My take after 50 games is that it's a shit premium tank and a must buy for anyone who genuinely likes LTs. Shit because you'd never want to run it without a high skill crew, food, and a healthy amount of premium shells. So limited training and credit potential (I am running a tier 6 premium profit while using food, though).

But the ability to get to the most bullshit locations and then light everything that comes within 400m of you while they'll have to proxy spot you if you're in a bush... 220 alpha vs the B-C 12t's 170... The B-C's 12t's dpm and gun handling is hardly outstanding and would need a decent buff to offset it's camo disadvantage. As it stands the DPG of the two tanks is pretty similar for me, making the EVEN the superior ride imho.

40 solo battles, 29 wins 11 losses. Such bad tank, please buff.

https://i.imgur.com/1kZg4hc.png

If you like scouting very fun tank and creates at least some credits even with food.  Yes enemy scouts are worst enemies for this but gun is still perfectly capable of hitting enemy scouts close range, even without vert.stab, so if they are low health, just clip them.

Btw, if someone likes this tank, T-100LT is bit same but at tier 10. Not same, bit less camo, more firepower, more armor. But can often pull almost same cloaky moves.

So far it's hard to say it's good or bad. It seems like you have to really work for the damage but on the other hand you get away with so much shit. This tank is simply strange

I'm trash :/

how is it possible to avg more assisted? it feels like I can never get into position to spot without being lit by another light tank because there are three of them per team zooming around every game

LWf6mj9.jpg

7 hours ago, Fulvin said:

how is it possible to avg more assisted? it feels like I can never get into position to spot without being lit by another light tank because there are three of them per team zooming around every game

LWf6mj9.jpg

Strangely I have 1250-1300 dpg but 1380 assist and I sit at 62% and growing. Are you experienced in lights? Just dont go to the common light spot as early as possible unless the route to it is 100% safe and you wont get spotted. It's better to spot the enemy lights going to that spot if your team will have the possibility to fire on them. 

On 10-2-2018 at 6:50 PM, Fulvin said:

LWf6mj9.jpg

You need to know the righ positions and than use your camo to always stay out af VR of the enemie and in VR of yourself. Stay alive!!!   Also make sure you have 100% camo and more than 445m vr.

As a first spot, always first go somewhere to counter the enemy scouts, than take your position.

Its hard to really give tips on how to spot, but here is some of my twitch gameplay, maybe it will help you out:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/224585548

Statistics of those 2 sessions:

azizkog.png

2 hours ago, brumbarr said:

You need to know the righ positions and than use your camo to always stay out af VR of the enemie and in VR of yourself. Stay alive!!!   Also make sure you have 100% camo and more than 445m vr.

As a first spot, always first go somewhere to counter the enemy scouts, than take your position.

Its hard to really give tips on how to spot, but here is some of my twitch gameplay, maybe it will help you out:

Statistics of those 2 sessions:

azizkog.png

Man you really got better at lights after that light challenge. Big props. Ffs. Those are some strong results.

Btw thanks WG Asia for putting Kharkov and Stalingrad on high rotation. Cause we don't already have enough sub 5 minute games on your other shit maps... :facepalm: (yes, my EVEN took a beating over the weekend).

4 hours ago, sohojacques said:

Btw thanks WG Asia for putting Karkov and Stalingrad on high rotation. Cause we don't already have enough sub 5 minute games on your other shit maps... :facepalm: (yes, my EVEN took a beating over the weekend).

Logout and log in. Not sure it works as well as switching servers on EU but it resets map rotation for you. If you know how it works then it's obvious you will have some maps repeat so you can kinda exploit it and get good maps after a few rotation resets.

2 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Logout and log in...

Did not know this. Will give it a try next time a similar horror begins to unfold. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, sohojacques said:

Did not know this. Will give it a try next time a similar horror begins to unfold. Thanks. 

I am grossly oversimplyfing it but the reason why you get the same few maps over and over again is that some maps are cached in rotation. Changing server resets the map cache. At least how i understand it. Sometimes it works, sometimes you just get stalingrad instead of kharkov