ZXrage

Italian Tanks: Progetto M35 mod 46 (vol. 1 and 2) and New Mechanic

151 posts in this topic

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/01/26/wot-supertest-progetto-m35-mod-46-vol-1/

The new mechanic introduced with the Italian tanks is stack loading. From what I understand, a clip is loaded continuously, one shell at a time. The more shells you fire in the clip, the longer the overall reload is.

Stats (vol. 1):

Tier: MT-8, Italy, premium
HP: 1400
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 55 / -20 km/h
Hull traverse: 41.72 °/s
Turret traverse: 37.55 °/s
View range: 390 m

Hull armor: 60 / 30 / 20
Turret armor: 80 / 40 / 25

Damage: 240 / 240 / 320
Penetration: 212 / 259 / 45
Full reload time: 9.59 – 16.3 s
Clip size: 4
Accuracy: 0.32
Aim time: 2.01 s

Stats (vol. 2):

Tier: MT-8, Italy, premium
HP: 1400
Horsepower: 652 HP
Weight: 35 t
Max. weight: 40 t
Power-to-weight: 18.63 HP / t
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 55 / -20 km/h
Hull traverse: 41.72 °/s
Turret traverse: 37.55 °/s
View range: 390 m
Signal range: 570 m

Hull armor: 60 / 30 / 20
Turret armor: 80 / 40 / 25

Gun: Cannone da 90/50 T119E1

Damage: 240 / 240 / 320
Penetration: 212 / 259 / 45
Full reload time: 9.59 – 16.3 s || 10 / 13 / 17 s
Shell reload time: 2.5s
Clip size: 3
Accuracy: 0.32
Aim time: 2.01 s
Gun depression/elevation: -10 / +20

Pretty hyped that Italians are finally coming, final WW2 major and all. The autoreloader is an interesting concept, intrigued to see how it actually works in action. Name is dumb though.

not sure this would perform very well in-game, it would be like playing a tank that cant make up its mind on whether its an auto loader or not.

like the video stated. if you use it as a traditional auto-loader, it will be worse than actually playing a normal auto-loader as both the intra-clip reload and the full clip reload will be worse compared to its counter parts.

and if you use it as a "normal" tank, then once again it will be worse in comparison to just playing a normal tank.

so where this fits in terms of its role on the field is very confusing imo.

The mechanic is giving you the option to fire about every 6-8 second like a normal tank or use all three round in a burst like an true autoloader.  The price for this flexibility is that use the burst option, you have a longer complete reload time than the usual autoloader.

Even then you aren't completely helpless since you will get at least one round reloaded faster than the usual autoloader. 

So you essentially trade raw DPM for having either a lot more flexible autoloader.

I can see the value in it plus the line won't just be a copy & paste of an already existing line (atleast gameplay-wise).

Since it is always re-loading, you will never get caught out with a huge time remaining until you fire ANYTHING. That's nice.

47 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Unlike autoloaders, you don't have the downside of waiting for full clip reload if you don't fire all your shells, and in long lasting engagement you do not have to wait for clip reload like autoloaders.

After any downtime in combat though you become an autoloader.

It's hard to tell how good will this thing be without playing it, but it seems pretty quick with decent gun so I guess it has something going for it.

Edit: I also guess if you have a 3 shells in clip and start loading prem, you gotta fire all 3 to get to the premium shell?

I also wonder about the mechanic to switch between shell types.

I'd guess too, that it will just load it into the next "free slot" and you have to fire off the already loaded shells before it's in the chamber.

So one of the core skills of this game, which is knowing each tanks rough reload cycle for engaging them between shots is thrown out of the window? Nice, just another way of making this game more confusing for players.

26 minutes ago, Marty said:

Unlike autoloaders, you don't have the downside of waiting for full clip reload if you don't fire all your shells, and in long lasting engagement you do not have to wait for clip reload like autoloaders.

After any downtime in combat though you become an autoloader.

It's hard to tell how good will this thing be without playing it, but it seems pretty quick with decent gun so I guess it has something going for it.

Edit: I also guess if you have a 3 shells in clip and start loading prem, you gotta fire all 3 to get to the premium shell?

perhaps its something i need to try out for myself to fully understand, but from verbal explanations alone it doesn't make sense

Well we finally have a scaling mechanic in WoT, tbh if they just keep reload times above 3 sec for 400 alpha (reloading after first shot) and resupply time for the earliest shell high enough to kill the scenario of being able to single shoot and keep your DPM up until the engagement is ending so you can go full autoloader on the last tank consistently then this should actually be fine game-balance wise. This is easily going to be the hardest type of mechanic to master in the game. You dictate the tempo of your damage output (and your DPM) so  it provides something unique and that has the potential to work really well. 

Assuming WG doesnt overbuff the shit out of it that is :doge: 

Just wait for a 50B that can continuously fire at Super Conq DPM infinitely but also switch to 2,25 intraclip autoloader for a quick easy 3K damage combo in 20 seconds :doge: 

So, early game snipe and move, late game burst assassin - I  think I like it.

Unless of course they do what they did to sweden and make the premium a medium and the rest of the line heavies.

Seems like a mechanic that needs patience and self control or you'd end up with atrocious DPM. No more autoloader spam for hitting one shot or you'll sacrifice so much time reloading. It's also a new fear factor in the game. You have to assure the tank is always reloaded and ready to clip unless you witness it shoot 4 one after another. In the hands of good players it'll be amazing once they get the hang of it. Always having shots and a full clip when they need it. In the hands of bad players that will try to clip someone from far missing and bouncing 2 or 3, it will be nightmare. 

48 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

So, early game snipe and move, late game burst assassin - I  think I like it.

Unless of course they do what they did to sweden and make the premium a medium and the rest of the line heavies.

I think they said the main line will be mediums

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

Just wait for a 50B that can continuously fire at Super Conq DPM infinitely but also switch to 2,25 intraclip autoloader for a quick easy 3K damage combo in 20 seconds :doge: 

Now imagine that with the old waffle :kappa:

2 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

So one of the core skills of this game, which is knowing each tanks rough reload cycle for engaging them between shots is thrown out of the window? Nice, just another way of making this game more confusing for players.

Each shell has a specific reload time, with a 2.5 second intraclip reload. The first shot takes 8 seconds to load, the second 11, and the third 14. So for a single shot it's either 2.5 (if loaded) or 8 seconds (if empty). For two shots, 19 seconds. For three shots, 33 (:eww:) seconds.

hmmm im liking this new mechanic 

This mechanic is definitely interesting and unlike the polish copy cat tree I am really looking forward to this one. I think everyone, who drove an autoloader wished for the feature to reload just one or two shells instead of the whole clip. Finally we can do it. Let´s see how this works out and how balanced this is. 

But this Progetto tank looks shit. Reminds me of a Centurion but in ugly. Very ugly. 

btw. In the video I am pretty sure WG is foreshadowing/leak more informations to us. 

At 8:35 you can see an Pershing or Patton like tank on Poko but the name is actually blacked out. Checking the community made tech trees this tank would make sense as a T8 or T9 

Hide contents

Qqgrttb.jpg

And another thing I did notice. When the Leopard is played you can actually see the new drum icon. At least I think it is. But the tank model is still the Leopard we have ingame. Maybe it is a place holder so they can see how a autoloading Leopard works out. And this is not just some made up thought I have here. Back in the day Silentstalker actually suggested that the Italian T10 medium could be a Leopard with autoloader. The Leopard OTO Centauro

Hide contents

r2YxPwf.jpg

@hall0  They did mention in the video how Italians are the chinese of Europe by using other nation's designs.

Yeah i think this goes without saying. Just because the best tank the Italians ever build on their own was the Carro Armato P40 which is T6 material at best. My point was more like that they already leaked the stuf they plan in using as hightier. 

Question. How will switching ammo types work?

Good question. My guess is, that you will have to change the whole mag. This would make it a balancing factor and is probably the most realistic thing. 

Sounds like fun! The guns are going to have to have to either have bad DPM or very long interclips to remain balanced though, an autoloader without the primary downside of being an autoloader could be frustrating to fight against otherwise. As long as the platforms the guns are on are decent (and at least that premium seems to be) I can easily see the meds as being a favorite for purples. That reliability!