ZXrage

Italian Tanks: Progetto M35 mod 46 (vol. 1 and 2) and New Mechanic

177 posts in this topic

Topkek, they lifted this mechanic straight from AW. Still, interesting to see how they balance it. The idea seems to be that if you fire any more than just one shot in a burst, then you have an edge over single-shot weapon. And compared to an autoloader, you don't have to be disarmed during the full drum reloads. In many situations, it will likely be the best of both worlds, and therefore OP AF.

let's not forget the lack of armour. When someone says "OP tank" I tend not to assume it has no armour.

The camo and mobility would have to be "better than average" to compensate, yes?  Although I guess they may depend a little on the skill level of the player.

I dunno, I think the new mechanic might be a little bit annoying to play against since you're never sure about the reload time and whether the tank has clip ready or not but it doesn't seem broken or OP to me.

The fact that full ciip reload takes ages, that any shell currently loading will be reset and start reloading again if you fire, and that if you have an empty clip and want to keep firing a single shot, you have the full 16s reload as far as I understand, and if you want to have full single shot DPM you have to load the clip first. Also most likely drawbacks when it comes to prem shells loading (unless you shoot APCR only ofc :doge:).

Damn it I am feeling the urge to get it. Though i think i will just wait until the line comes out and see how good it is. Sure it seems to be better for skilled players.

1 hour ago, nabucodonsor said:

Damn it I am feeling the urge to get it. Though i think i will just wait until the line comes out and see how good it is. Sure it seems to be better for skilled players.

they never really gave a date as to when the new premium would be released, but a lot of people are saying it could be the special tank in February.

though i think that's unlikely considering the mechanic is still unfinished.

38 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Hopefully it will come out in time for me to assign a girl commander to stop shaving her underarms and learn to make prosciutto sandwiches.

If you haven't tried it, the female voices mod is wonderful. 2 lines of code, it changes the default voices to all female ones.

Exact mod is 'mod_ElkAllFemale'

This mechanic seems easily beneficial to anyone with half a brain to make use of it. It's an autoloaders where you won't have to wait for the entire clip to reload just because you fired once or twice.

I see literally no downside.

Obviously there will be downside, there are many ways to balance this. Of course they will not balance it like a normal autoloader and then give it this new mechanic also. It will have lower DPM, penetration, worse gun handling or something to compensate the advantage it gets in loading shells one by one. 

1 hour ago, TheSovereign said:

This mechanic seems easily beneficial to anyone with half a brain to make use of it. It's an autoloaders where you won't have to wait for the entire clip to reload just because you fired once or twice.

I see literally no downside.

From my understanding if you fire them all as a clip you'll end up with 1 minutes reload for ~1k burst.

Tanks with similar 240 damage guns

t69  at tier 8. 4 shell drum with 27 second reload.

Italian Noddle at tier 8. 3 shell with 40 second reload for the whole drum and 10 second reload just firing 1 shell.

Fcm with 8 second reload.

Worst dpm than both tanks, but the ability to go from single shot to dpm is the selling point.

The T69 is a bad comparison for many reasons. One is, that 27 seconds for that burst is way too long. A tank that can burst 1 shell less for less total damage and longer drum reload and longer single shell reload time, is worthless.

The only thing similar I could think of was the 22 seconds on the amx 13-90, but that is a tier 9 which throws off the comparison. What autoloader tank would you have selected?

Dpm on this is really bad, but gun stats are pretty good. I remember the pre-buff lowe with worst gun depression and armor made it a pain to play. I could be reading the stats page wrong and it's 16 seconds to load 3 shells, but that would be some crazy burst dpm.

8 hours ago, hiipanda said:

I could be reading the stats page wrong and it's 16 seconds to load 3 shells, but that would be some crazy burst dpm.

If I understand it correctly, if your magazine is empty, first shell loading takes 14-17s (they say 14s in the video, 17s from TAP supertest stats, looking at the video it looks like high 14's, probably crew and module dependant), if you already have one shell, the second one takes 11-14s, and if you have 2, the third one takes 8-10s. 

Decent comparison might be pre-LT changes SP1C with it's 3 shot autoloader. It takes 19,5s to fully reload w/o skills and equipment and you can push it down to 16,5s, so almost as quick as the progetto takes to load 1st shell after you empty the drum.

It seems they want to discourage people from unloading too often because if you unload, you are stuck with horrible reload, and probably the better way to play it will be to keep firing as a single shot and unload only when you can really connect all 3 shells so it's worth it, or if you think you're not gonna have shot for some time after you empty the clip.

OP updated with vol. 2, looks like vol. 2 is more complete and has an extra shell.

Tier: MT-8, Italy, premium
HP: 1400
Horsepower: 652 HP
Weight: 35 t
Max. weight: 40 t
Power-to-weight: 18.63 HP / t
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 55 / -20 km/h
Hull traverse: 41.72 °/s
Turret traverse: 37.55 °/s
View range: 390 m
Signal range: 570 m

Hull armor: 60 / 30 / 20
Turret armor: 80 / 40 / 25

Gun: Cannone da 90/50 T119E1

Damage: 240 / 240 / 320
Penetration: 212 / 259 / 45
Full reload time: 9.59 – 16.3 s || 10 / 13 / 17 s
Shell reload time: 2.5s
Clip size: 3
Accuracy: 0.32
Aim time: 2.01 s
Gun depression/elevation: -10 / +20

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

here it says Clip Size 3 and on the official pic WG posted on Facebook it says  Clip Capacity 4. I am confused.

Seems like there are two variants, one with 3 shells and one with 4.

38 minutes ago, TheSovereign said:

Where are y'all getting 1 minute? They announced like 14/16 seconds on the initial announcement. Which seems pretty good for 3/4 shells.

Full reload time: 9.59 – 16.3 s || 10 / 13 / 17 s

17 seconds to load the first shell, 13 seconds for the second shell and 10 seconds for the last shell which is also the reload time if you fire only one shell at a time. 40 second reload for all of the shells.

On 26.1.2018 at 11:38 PM, zbran said:

Question. How will switching ammo types work?

We have an official answer now

I can confirm that changing the ammo type will reset the ammo, so eg. if you switch from AP to HE, all the loaded AP shells will be removed from the clip and the reload procedure will begin anew with HE shells. You can’t mix shell types in the clip ~Kandly, Community Coordinator

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/01/28/wot-italians-before-poles/

And the Pizzalovers seem to come before the Poles. 

13 hours ago, hall0 said:

here it says Clip Size 3 and on the official pic WG posted on Facebook it says  Clip Capacity 4. I am confused.

27021925_2042763475979703_23372921384511

So it's fast, has good pen, good acc and good aim time and also a semi autoloader. How are they going to gimp it?