ZXrage

Italian Tanks: Progetto M35 mod 46 (vol. 1 and 2) and New Mechanic

177 posts in this topic

Providing the soft stats aren't terrible, the tank (though ugly) looks solid, good mobility, good view range, gun depression, pen, accuracy etc.

3/4 shot auto-loading clip potential on top makes a solid premium IMO. 

Likely the specifics of that clip will change a lot before they finalise it, but I like others have said, users with a brain will be able to do well with this thing.

It will all come down to when you decide to clip something, the main advantage over other autoloaders is that if an opportunity presents itself, you are far more likely to be ready to clip than other autoloaders. Because if you are trading or putting the odd shot down range, then you are just single shot firing, with say a 10s reload, a normal loader doesn't want to be doing that, they are searching for something to put their whole clip or at least most of their clip into. 

With this no worries, opportunities where only one shot is available is no problem cos you keep filling that clip up as you go (plus that sort of reload whilst bad DPM, is good as it allows you to naturally drop off the radar), then some player makes a mistake in front of you, you are ready to pump 3 shots into them with the only decision you need to make is whether you can be safe for the long reload.

Ok previous comments rescinded. I didnt see the video. That reload is wayyy too long then. I dont see any reasoning that reloading 2 shells should take more than double the time it takes to load 1. 

14 minutes ago, TAdoo87 said:

So if I understand correctly we get 58s reload for a full clip(1570dmg) in tier 10. Nice joke.:serb:

It's 67 seconds from the time you take your first shot with the 3 second intra-clip delay. :serb::serb:

I realize it has to have SOME downside to the added function but even putting it at 10s per shell with the 3 seconds between each shell would make it 49 seconds for 1560 damage and still pretty rough...

Looking at clip dpm is looking at the lowest possible dpm. You need the single shot dpm as well to judge these things. Single shot dpm:

Tier 8 gets 1800  which is fcm tier.

Tier 9 gets 2128 which is around amx m4 51.

Tier 10 gets 2340 which is near the 121b.

4 hours ago, hiipanda said:

Tier 10 gets 2340 which is near the 121b.

...and people don’t like the 121b because the DPM is so bad. I’m pretty sure the TVP has 300-400 more DPM than that on a similar platform with a much faster burst. A TVP is already relocating when this thing is barely halfway into a clip without sacrificing DPM.   

Yeah, the whole clip reload is bad. It should be like 10/11/12/13 for reloads.

TVP isn't much of a fair compare with it. They both have 4 shells, but the interim reload per shell, damage, and dpm is closer to batchat.

1 hour ago, hiipanda said:

Yeah, the whole clip reload is bad. It should be like 10/11/12/13 for reloads.

TVP isn't much of a fair compare with it. They both have 4 shells, but the interim reload per shell, damage, and dpm is closer to batchat.

The whole point is to punish DPM for using a burst. I'd go with something closer to 8.5/12/15.5/19. That's ~2,750 base DPM as a single-shot tank that goes down to ~1,500 DPM when using the full burst. You could still maintain ~2k DPM with 2-round bursts instead of dropping a whole clip.

To put it in perspective, that's DPM that ranges from the ballpark of a Leo 1 with single shots, an IS-6 with 2-round burst and a T20 with 4-round bursts. Now that's an interesting new mechanic that rewards smart play (as opposed to the Object 268 version 4).

Stats updated for 1.0:

Tier: MT-8, Italy, premium
HP: 1 400
Engine: 652 hp
Mass: 35 t
Maximum load: 40 t
Power-to-weight: 18,63 hp / t
Max speed/Min speed: 55 / -20 km / h
Hull turning speed: 41,72 °/s
Turret turning speed: 37,55 °/s
Terrain resistance values: ??
View range: 390 m
Radio range: 570 m

Hull armor: 60 / 30 / 20 mm
Turret armor: 80 / 60 / 25 mm

Gun: Cannone da 90/50 T119E1

Alpha Damage: 240 / 240 / 320
Penetration: 212 / 259 / 45 mm
Rate of fire: 7,36 rounds/minute
Damage per minute: 1 767
Complete reload time: 31,16 s / 2 s / 3 rounds (magazine / projectile / number of projectiles) 8,15 – 13,42 s || 8.5 / 10 / 14 s
Reload time between magazine rounds: 2,0 s
Rounds in magazine: 3
Accuracy at 100 m: 0,32
Aiming time: 2,01 s
Depression/Elevation: -8 / +20

OP updated with new pictures and stats too.

So 1767 dpm if you shoot with normal reload and ELC EVEN 90 if you shoot all 3? Still doesn't look bad.

I guess they will be trash. We should tell them that Italy had the biggest Communist Party among the NATO countries during the Cold War. So they might buff it to help their comrades da?

As they are now I have no reason to grind them aside them being Italian. I wonder why they did not introduce the modified version of the Leo or the Patton that Italy has.

I am curious to see if they will allow you to mount a rammer like on the Chi ri or the old 59 16.

WG just released infos about the T8 (non prem), T9 and T10 tanks. No stats though

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/italian_tanks/

Tier VIII – P.44 Pantera

Let’s kick things off with the Tier VIII P.44 Pantera—the first in the branch to have that feature you’ve all been waiting for – the auto-reloading drum.

The Pantera was one of the variants sparked by a project that was developed during the Second World War. Work on the medium tank never made it past the preliminary design stage.

With a long-barreled 90mm cannon, good depression and mobility, it can occupy advantageous positions. The new mechanic means that the tank can feel more at home at close and medium distances but just be cautious when at long-range

p44_pantera_1_upd.jpg

Tier IX – Prototipo Standard B

Stemming from a group of prototypes developed and manufactured during the Kampfpanzer Standard program which Italy first took part in in 1958. In collaboration with Ingeniuerbüro Warn-eke, Rheinstahl Hanomag, Henschel and Rheinmetall, only two models were produced under the program. After extensive testing, preference was given to the group “A” prototypes, which after further work came to be known more commonly as the Leopard 1.

The first post-WWII tank in the Italian tree, it bears a striking resemblance to the German proto-type Leopard in terms of dimensions and silhouette. As with the Pantera, the Prototipo also fea-tures the new mechanic. Possessing a 105mm gun and a similar angles of depression, this tank could be seen as the direct descendant of the Tier X Progetto. This means you can hone your tactics in preparation for unlocking the Tier X steel beast.

As with the Pantera, the tank performs well at close and medium distances but the Leopard’s inherent weak armor still means you need to be careful.

prototipo_standard_b_1_upd.jpg

Tier X – Progetto M40 mod 65

In 1969, a military delegation from Italy visited Germany to discuss purchasing Leopard tanks. However, not all the delegates agreed with the idea of acquiring foreign tanks. The Italian military and constructers outlined their basic wishes: decent depression, cast turret and gun mantlet and the powerful Mitsubishi engine. Their wishes resulted in the creation of a small, light, mobile but well protected tank.

During the design process, British and Soviet developments were taken into account. Other than further drawings and blueprints, the tank never went any further.

Futuristic form and better gun characteristic with the new mechanics make it possible to fully unleash the skills acquired from the tanks further down the tech branch and the Italian premium. The Progetto M40 mod 65’s good depression and mobility will help you occupy advantageous positions on the battlefield. As at Tiers VIII and IX, the tank performs well at close to medium dis-tances but the armor isn’t something to be relied upon, other than possible bouncing of shells from the hull and turret.

progetto_m40_mod_65_3.jpg

20 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Too bad the t10 will probably have no armor since that ufp looks autobounce

40mm autobounce UFP AND LFP, comrade!

Impenetrable to NATO (except TDs) but nothing to glorious Soviet 122!

been watching community contributors play this on twitch and it looks pretty dank.

the tank will have a high skill wall and will defiantly take some degree of self control, but i think it will be a fun tank for skilled players especially. 

Premium looks good from what I have seen, maxed out you can get the single shot reload down to 6.33s, which is slightly better than a Pershing. 

The whole clip reload then goes to 23s, which again is not terrible. 

I reckon best way to use this tank would be to single shot, then finish with a flourish against targets which are clippable, over that period the DPM would be quite high. 

On 4/6/2018 at 10:22 AM, tajj7 said:

Premium looks good from what I have seen, maxed out you can get the single shot reload down to 6.33s, which is slightly better than a Pershing. 

The whole clip reload then goes to 23s, which again is not terrible. 

I reckon best way to use this tank would be to single shot, then finish with a flourish against targets which are clippable, over that period the DPM would be quite high. 

I think QB is wrong here and Orzy is right. You only use the one shot function when you know the enemy will sit in front of you. Otherwise it's better to dump a clip before he hides instead of risking trading 240 for whatever he has

Checked it on Tanks gg now. Jesus only the t-44-100 compares. This has - 2nd best power to weight after t-44-100 but this has better ground resistances, sta-1 bloom but with better final acc and aim time, more pen than 3/4 of the meds, 5kph higher top speed, still 9 deg of gun dep, 390 vr (so not gimped here) and it still gets an autoloader? Hell when in single shot form it has dpm advantage over pershing and fv4202. It might be one of the few t8 meds that are competitive in any form but now imagine you get this and the opposite team gets an indien panzer. 

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Checked it on Tanks gg now. Jesus only the t-44-100 compares. This has - 2nd best power to weight after t-44-100 but this has better ground resistances, sta-1 bloom but with better final acc and aim time, more pen than 3/4 of the meds, 5kph higher top speed, still 9 deg of gun dep, 390 vr (so not gimped here) and it still gets an autoloader? Hell when in single shot form it has dpm advantage over pershing and fv4202. It might be one of the few t8 meds that are competitive in any form but now imagine you get this and the opposite team gets an indien panzer. 

The Indienpanzer has at least better armobwuahahahahahahaha