ZXrage

Italian Tanks: Progetto M35 mod 46 (vol. 1 and 2) and New Mechanic

170 posts in this topic

Just use a 268v4 or a Type, a Maus, E3 hell even a 907 or a 430U and you should get it in no time. Plus you get 1,7 million credits a shitload of boosters and some free equiment. Looks like a nice challenge. Oh and a tier 8 premium for free.

If it truly is JUST base XP only (so no premium bonus, no X2 daily, no boosters) then it's fucking ridiculous. Even for a good player base XP per game is maybe 800 turf, that's 390 or so games in 14 days, or 28 games a day every day, no shortcuts. For the vegetables it'd be more like 45 games per day for 14 days. Maybe playing a particularly good tank will squeeze a little more out, but the quantity of sheer tryhard going on will probably tamp that back down. But then these have long slid toward more of an optional discount mode. If it's base I'll do something remotely useful with my existence instead, as much as the thought pains me.

40 minutes ago, Jesse_the_Scout said:

If it truly is JUST base XP only (so no premium bonus, no X2 daily, no boosters) then it's fucking ridiculous. Even for a good player base XP per game is maybe 800 turf, that's 390 or so games in 14 days, or 28 games a day every day, no shortcuts. For the vegetables it'd be more like 45 games per day for 14 days. Maybe playing a particularly good tank will squeeze a little more out, but the quantity of sheer tryhard going on will probably tamp that back down. But then these have long slid toward more of an optional discount mode. If it's base I'll do something remotely useful with my existence instead, as much as the thought pains me.

If you have t10's you will get many of them relatively easy. Skill ones are doable. I'm sad I only have t62a on the shit acc I'm grinding now. 

How about doing a controlled suicide run? Try to keep every game under 2 minutes. Do your best to spot and land 1 or 2 hit. After that roll another tank and repeat.

Let's say you only get crappy 200 base exp for every 3 minutes overhead included. In an hour you will get 4000. That's 5.5 hours per day to finish the run. The downside (maybe upside depends how you see it) your XVM camo will go up and ruined a lot of other people's play LOL.

I think unless you are good and having a thick skin TX, that is the only way to get it done without pull all your hair out. However 5.5 hours a day in WOT. One must have no life in order to do so.

A Mahou player did the math for him and shared it on Reddit.

246 battles playing T10 at the very least. 

I feel like the event presentation was really nice, but i also feel 2 weeks is a bit short ~250battles at tier 10 in two weeks, when i used to be able to do that was more when i started the game and was really into. Will i be able to that now ? Not sure..

Y0goRKB.png?1

So it looks like even more of a hardcore grind than the one for the wz111. Lol. OK I will do 4-5 and see how much % I get down. Then I maybe consider it

im gonna try and get to the 5th-6th (preferably the 7th) mission done at the least for a 50-60% discount.

one thing you have to keep in mind though is the discounts only apply to the mega bundle for the progetto (the package that unlocks the missions and all of the rewards).

so if the bundle ends up being like 100$ then the 50-60% discount markers will only drop it to 40-50$ in price, so yeah i think im going to at least try for the 7th mission cause that will make it 30-ish$

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

im gonna try and get to the 5th-6th (preferably the 7th) mission done at the least for a 50-60% discount.

one thing you have to keep in mind though is the discounts only apply to the mega bundle for the progetto (the package that unlocks the missions and all of the rewards).

so if the bundle ends up being like 100$ then the 50-60% discount markers will only drop it to 40-50$ in price, so yeah i think im going to at least try for the 7th mission cause that will make it 30-ish$

Is the bundle out yet ? 

Funky calculation - I could schedule 1.5hrs of maintenance work during a Saturday and earn more than the tank will cost. Stage rewards are mostly irrelevant as I have not been able to even burn through my existing reserves that keep accumulating somehow. So when logic dictates that the grind is fucking stupid in my context why does it feel like "free tenk"? WG knows how to do psychology :)

3 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Funky calculation - I could schedule 1.5hrs of maintenance work during a Saturday and earn more than the tank will cost. Stage rewards are mostly irrelevant as I have not been able to even burn through my existing reserves that keep accumulating somehow. So when logic dictates that the grind is fucking stupid in my context why does it feel like "free tenk"? WG knows how to do psychology :)

Remember many people don't want to spend shit on the game plus don't have a lot of reserves (seems strange but playing on many accounts I was surprised to see people have close to nothing)

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

Remember many people don't want to spend shit on the game plus don't have a lot of reserves (seems strange but playing on many accounts I was surprised to see people have close to nothing)

ive always seen the opposite, all the acc's i play on belong to whales who own like 50+ premiums they never play and hundreds of reserves.

not that there aren't still die hard F2P players out there, tho i imagine its much more frustrating playing wot as a F2P then it was like 3-4 years ago.

especially with the credit sink demographic WG has been pushing for these past 2 years, and premiums being flat out better than their tech tree counterparts.

Other reserves yeh, credit reserves not so much, they barely sell them on EU and the main place to get them is ranked mode. 

Plus 1.7 million credits is like 3 or 4 hours that I don't have to spend in tier 8 premiums constantly facing tier 10s. 

On 4/12/2018 at 7:25 PM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

ive always seen the opposite, all the acc's i play on belong to whales who own like 50+ premiums they never play and hundreds of reserves.

not that there aren't still die hard F2P players out there, tho i imagine its much more frustrating playing wot as a F2P then it was like 3-4 years ago.

especially with the credit sink demographic WG has been pushing for these past 2 years, and premiums being flat out better than their tech tree counterparts.

NA vs EU. This is the difference. A ton of east europe players dont pay shit.

Doing it the grindy way, made it to middle of 5th mission in a few evenings play.

I've been averaging 1k base xp/battle over the last 3 days over 99 games by playing mostly tier 8/9s (you get more XP and credits for punching up.) sprinkle in generous use of premammo and only playing what you are comfortable in.

LTs/Meds for me mostly..    I still expect to spend money to pick up the tank on discount.. my work schedule has been inconducive to marathons like this.

Question on my head.

I wonder if this vehicle, I mean this mechanism actually allows the vehicle to achieve higher percentage of their listed DPM much more frequently than other vehicles? Is correct use of clip potential sort of compensating the lack of listed DPM and as a result higher effective DPM in terms of percentage of listed DPM

2 hours ago, Unavailebow said:

Question on my head.

I wonder if this vehicle, I mean this mechanism actually allows the vehicle to achieve higher percentage of their listed DPM much more frequently than other vehicles? Is correct use of clip potential sort of compensating the lack of listed DPM and as a result higher effective DPM in terms of percentage of listed DPM

Looking at Orzy's replays in all italian reloader tanks yeah. Because yeah you dump your clip and then you see a tank that is 2 shotable. Instead of waiting for the full clip you kill him and then relocate. Thinking this of a various size autoloader that is always loaded should give you better idea of real usable dpm. Many engagements are usually - shot 2 times, do nothing for a while to drop focus, shot 1 time, wait, ooh an isolated moron - kill. This tank works PERFECT for this type of play. 

58 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

Looking at Orzy's replays in all italian reloader tanks yeah. Because yeah you dump your clip and then you see a tank that is 2 shotable. Instead of waiting for the full clip you kill him and then relocate. Thinking this of a various size autoloader that is always loaded should give you better idea of real usable dpm. Many engagements are usually - shot 2 times, do nothing for a while to drop focus, shot 1 time, wait, ooh an isolated moron - kill. This tank works PERFECT for this type of play. 

This. I love the new mechanic, finally something new to play with. Although the Prosciutto M35  seems a bit too powerful compared to the other tier 8 meds, after over 180 battles in it i have no intention to play any other tier 8 premium again, except maybe the Rev.

24 minutes ago, Zampella said:

This. I love the new mechanic, finally something new to play with. Although the Prosciutto M35  seems a bit too powerful compared to the other tier 8 meds, after over 180 battles in it i have no intention to play any other tier 8 premium again, except maybe the Rev.

It's funny since it has really good gun stats while other italian tanks are quite the opposite. I hope it's not another China prem td situation

2 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

It's funny since it has really good gun stats while other italian tanks are quite the opposite. I hope it's not another China prem td situation

From my experience on the CT, the Italian Tier 10 is okish as it is right now, could use minimal buffs imho. (+30 alpha, -5-10% reload for each shell)

The Tier 9 is kind of bad, the clip is a meme because of 3.25 between shots and a horrible reload even in single-shot mode. Needs big buffs

The Tier 8 is decent considered its the non-p2w version of the Progetto M35. Would say one of the stronger Tier 8 tech-tree meds.

1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

I like the way this thing is unpredictable in its mag size, never know how many shots its going to land makes deciding whether to flee or stay much difficult, I mean even I have one shot in mag I can scare people off

18 minutes ago, Unavailebow said:

I like the way this thing is unpredictable in its mag size, never know how many shots its going to land makes deciding whether to flee or stay much difficult, I mean even I have one shot in mag I can scare people off

Even if you have 0 shots in mag the whole mechanism is great. Late game people with low HP often rush autoloaders when they know they are reloading because they know they can finish them without dying. Here? The attacked tank won't have to wait 30s to hit you back, it will have to wait 15-10s. It's an autoloader you can't damage for free when it's on reload

This tank is absolutely crazy. It's like they took the STA-2, copypasted the gun handling stats but just gave it 0.33 for the lulz, gave it better power to weight AND terrain resistances than the 140 with the same top speed, gave it an extremely powerful mechanic but still better single shot DPM than the FV 4202, gave it -9 gun depression, gave it good view range and it's still a premium so you can spam all gold with credit reserves and still make money. Well balanced WG, well balanced.

8 hours ago, Deliberate said:

This tank is absolutely crazy. It's like they took the STA-2, copypasted the gun handling stats but just gave it 0.33 for the lulz, gave it better power to weight AND terrain resistances than the 140 with the same top speed, gave it an extremely powerful mechanic but still better single shot DPM than the FV 4202, gave it -9 gun depression, gave it good view range and it's still a premium so you can spam all gold with credit reserves and still make money. Well balanced WG, well balanced.

Don't worry they will make the tech tree shit so people won't buy it for the same reason they didn't the WZ TD.

Also I had a talk with some guy who camped all game and he claimed "he had a small gun so he had to camp". It was a t8 top 3/5/7 game. So see? The tank is weak.

4 hours ago, hazzgar said:

Also I had a talk with some guy who camped all game and he claimed "he had a small gun so he had to camp". It was a t8 top 3/5/7 game. So see? The tank is weak.

That's a good meme if I've ever seen one