Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meirzin

No community tournaments or league on NA in 2018

26 posts in this topic

So, Nav'i said nope and WG is pulling the plug.  TBH I was surprised that last season happened.

Other servers still have community tournaments at least. 

Guess I don't have to worry about being permabanned on wglna channel anymore :gachi:

No tournaments, no CW, no eSports.

T49s 4EVA!

Wargaming has been gradually cutting everything thats not pubs or SH's to the point it's reached this. Can we get server transfers as an option for 2019 is what i wanna know now.

Shit, I'm not even good, and I'm looking for a server transfer to EU now...

Well, this doesn't change anything the OP posted, but we're going to get around 6 weeks of Clan Wars, which have been mentioned by other commenters.

Season 7 will begin on February 9, 4:00 PT (7:00 ET)  on the Global Map. The season will last until March 20.

All aboard Krugg's refugee boat! We're going to EU, bois n grilles.

Frm2sA7.png

3 hours ago, KruggWulf said:

Frm2sA7.png

Have they said this officially? What would the ping be like for you guys? I'm sure the east coast would be ok'ish but the West and middle bit I would suspect it would be high.

I suppose they could open a new server in Ireland. That would help a little, and it would attract a decend croud as the ping for the Scandi countries, UK,France, Holland etc wouldn't be much more than Germany I'd guess.  This place is covered in data centres.

33 minutes ago, zbran said:

Have they said this officially? What would the ping be like for you guys? I'm sure the east coast would be ok'ish but the West and middle bit I would suspect it would be high.

I suppose they could open a new server in Ireland. That would help a little, and it would attract a decend croud as the ping for the Scandi countries, UK,France, Holland etc wouldn't be much more than Germany I'd guess.  This place is covered in data centres.

If we can play with decent ping, and transfer over, I'm for it. I've sunk too much (time/money) into my NA account though, to restart. Fairly certain, though, that coming out with a formal statement on transfers (for or against) would be an actual death knell for NA - either everyone who WANTS to keep playing will swap, or everyone who sees that the game is on life-support will jump to something new.

On the bright side, mebbe I'd start getting through my single-player archives of games.

1 hour ago, zbran said:

I was making a joke when I posted that, I already have an EU account (two, but one is a reroll I gave up on when assad gave me access to his account he doesn't play on EU since I can't be arsed to maintain stats while grinding lines). Personally, I get 120-140ish ping from Texas, which is central technically, and I know east coasters and people with fiber can get under 100 ping. It's very playable, and in the past has been very smooth with practically no packetloss despite getting massive packetloss to the NA servers at times with 30 ping LUL.

1 hour ago, Errants said:

If we can play with decent ping, and transfer over, I'm for it. I've sunk too much (time/money) into my NA account though, to restart. Fairly certain, though, that coming out with a formal statement on transfers (for or against) would be an actual death knell for NA - either everyone who WANTS to keep playing will swap, or everyone who sees that the game is on life-support will jump to something new.

On the bright side, mebbe I'd start getting through my single-player archives of games.

Would a reasonable solution not be, to allow NA players to play their accounts on the EU servers? Also, I actually have no idea what the NA server population is like. How many players would be on "peak time" in the evenings?

1 hour ago, KruggWulf said:

I was making a joke when I posted that, I already have an EU account (two, but one is a reroll I gave up on when assad gave me access to his account he doesn't play on EU since I can't be arsed to maintain stats while grinding lines). Personally, I get 120-140ish ping from Texas, which is central technically, and I know east coasters and people with fiber can get under 100 ping. It's very playable, and in the past has been very smooth with practically no packetloss despite getting massive packetloss to the NA servers at times with 30 ping LUL.

Haha, ahh ok, I thought they may have posted something on NA forum. 120-40 isn't bad tbf, I get 40-90 on average on EU1/2.

6 hours ago, KruggWulf said:

Frm2sA7.png

Why can't my face be on here once but I see Ali's at least 20 times

23 hours ago, Masterpupil2 said:

Why can't my face be on here once but I see Ali's at least 20 times

Fine, you've secured the 2nd to last spot on the boat, right between Endo and Ali. However, supahotfire took kevin's spot and due to space and weight restrictions, he was voted to be cast overboard and will have to take another straggling refugee boat to the EU server, lest he drown amongst the sea of NA stagnation.

Anfield barely managed to catch a spot in time, squeezing in between some random EU caster who apparently had mistakenly purchased a 1 way ticket to the NA server previously and our beloved Yankee of -G-.

nZOJvva.png

On 2/2/2018 at 3:25 PM, zbran said:

Would a reasonable solution not be, to allow NA players to play their accounts on the EU servers? Also, I actually have no idea what the NA server population is like. How many players would be on "peak time" in the evenings?

Haha, ahh ok, I thought they may have posted something on NA forum. 120-40 isn't bad tbf, I get 40-90 on average on EU1/2.

Peak time is 20,000-25,000 players depending on events going on.  Last weekend, it was 24,909 players at the peak.  A few weekend ago it was 25,856 players at the peak.

When the NA servers were US east and US West my ping to EU1 and EU2 were lower than to NA West from the east coast of the US.  Some of the RU servers have a sub 130 ms ping for me.

8 hours ago, Bavor said:

Peak time is 20,000-25,000 players depending on events going on.  Last weekend, it was 24,909 players at the peak.  A few weekend ago it was 25,856 players at the peak.

When the NA servers were US east and US West my ping to EU1 and EU2 were lower than to NA West from the east coast of the US.  Some of the RU servers have a sub 130 ms ping for me.

Wow 25k is pretty low but that's just compared to EU. I cannot figure out why they don't just let US accounts region free. You lot must be queuing for hours for a game mid week:notlikethis:

2 hours ago, zbran said:

You lot must be queuing for hours for a game mid week:notlikethis:

If I turn off Grand Battles and try to play tier 10 tanks, I often timeout after a 5 minute wait.  I usually get a tier 10 battles the second time I click battle with a tier 10 tank.

I wonder if Wargaming would ever just add the NA server to the EU cluster.

6 hours ago, Bavor said:

If I turn off Grand Battles and try to play tier 10 tanks, I often timeout after a 5 minute wait.  I usually get a tier 10 battles the second time I click battle with a tier 10 tank.

I wonder if Wargaming would ever just add the NA server to the EU cluster.

It's the future. EU3 put the server in Ireland, problem solved.

I just tried pingplotter with the IP addresses of some game servers in Dublin.  All of them were 100-120ms.

6 hours ago, Bavor said:

I just tried pingplotter with the IP addresses of some game servers in Dublin.  All of them were 100-120ms.

That's not too bad really.  I get between 40 and 90 to the servers in Germany. EU3 Dublin should be a thing. Everyone's a winner :nanodoge:

Server roaming's been available in the past so I don't see why not (through a WG blunder but still). 

NA west could go Moscow server or something like that for decent ping and NA east would just have to live with 120 on EU etc

that said NA LUL i don't want you people on my server :kappa: 

Playing on NA from Europe I get ~100 ping (granted, gigabit fibre) and it’s really playable. I mean it’s WoT, we’re not talking Quake FPS speeds where you want that <10ms ping.

Should NA kick the bucket I wonder if they’d let you keep reward tanks on a server transfer..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0