ZXrage

Upcoming Changes (2018+) (PEARL RIVER RETURN???)

62 posts in this topic

On 4.02.2018 at 0:57 PM, ZXrage said:

-Swedish Tree expansion (LT, MT, Arty) all we need is more sky cancer. Yupi...
-Israeli tanks insta permban for shooting at them? 
-Other minor nations (Hungarian, Romanian, Spain) no more full 10 tier tanks tech trees?
-Wheeled vehicles dont' care
-STB-1 gets adjustable suspension like Strv it'll make him TD-MT mutant
-British and Jap Lights finally
-Removed maps(Northwest, Pearl River) could return in HD okay
-Newly created maps that we've been seeing (Poland, Ridge, etc.) could just be shelved we need good maps, not shit tons of them
-PvE and Historical Battles in the works PvE already exists and it's called random battles
-Havok comes with 1.0 
-Different weathers being tested finally
-3D customization being tested 
-Damage to allies will be removed all hail to blocking morons because WG will never try to punish them
-Bonus for tanking like from CT before will it die second time?
-New crew system (possibly similar to WoWS) how about nope? 

Still nothing about HESH mechanics or blocking xvm.

23 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

if they make the STB have a seige mode that you have to wait for like the STRV, and then nerf its current stats. I will go and personally murder the person responsible for that change. It will literally ruin it.

I'll frigging ebay my account, and never play again.

10 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Whilst I have no idea how these changes will pan out, at least they are actually re-designing these maps, first time round most of the HD maps were just re-skins with the old problems all still there. 

11 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Whilst I have no idea how these changes will pan out, at least they are actually re-designing these maps, first time round most of the HD maps were just re-skins with the old problems all still there. 

Id rather have reskins to start with tbh. Itll be weird navigating the maps with all the new eye candy, and having to also relearn them all will be annoying. 

On 04/02/2018 at 11:54 PM, De1tacu said:

I would imagine it gun stats will be identical,

It can just switch to a siege mode with nerfed mobility, but the ability to depress to like 20 degree or smthn

Its existing gun depression is a bodge for the suspension. If it literally had 10 degrees of depression the breech would be sticking up through the roof of the turret like the Rhm. Panzerwagen.

I think this is the most fitting thread for this and it is probably better than creating a new one. Yesterday there was a russian Q&A stream with the devs and here some of the answers they gave.

• 2nd season of Personal Missions is coming in 2018 October.
  • Developers are planning to remove team damage. This system will be tested out in a special event in May.
  • Developers are working on a new system of perks. Sixth Sense skill will most likely be made default - available to all commanders for free.
  • With Patch 1.0, all premium shells get their gold cost removed and will be only purchasable with credits. After a few patches, shell prices will be changed and a shell rebalance is planned. WG might completely remove premium ammunition in the future.
  • Exclusive tanks purchasable only with bonds are planned.
  • Wargaming are planning to rebalance underperforming tanks with preferential matchmaking, KV-5 is first one in the queue. Their preferential status will stay. As the vehicle gets buffed, the player will be presented with an opportunity to get a refund, exchange the vehicle for a different one or retain the buffed vehicle. The rebalance will appear in the sandbox and should hit the live servers later this year.
  • It will be possible to change the nationality of your crew.
  • Possibility to hide your personal statistics and nickname will be tested out.
  • Extended complaints system and improved communication between players is also planned, WG has a "karma" system in mind.
  • Super Conqueror is being closely monitored, devs are looking at it.
  • After Patch 1.0 is released, developers will take a look at expanding small maps like Ensk or Karelia.
  • Tank type limit restrictions are putting a lot of stress on the matchmaker. For now, light tanks will not be limited as developers are afraid that other classes will need to be limited later.
  • Devs believe that artillery is not problematic.
  • Event schedule:
  1. Victory day in May.
  2. World Cup in June-July.
  3. Autumn.
  4. New Year.
  • In Fall, a program for old players will start.
  • Developers have no changes planned for the Type 5 Heavy.
  • PvE mode is being planned.
  • Server replays are in development.
  • Tank personalization has been divided into 3 stages - 1st one is introduced, other 2 should arrive this year. Stage 2 will bring more 2D customization capabilities, stage 3 - extended 3D personalization.
  • Programs for the elderly will come this year.
  • Lootboxes have been well received, but will only come on special occasions like the New Year.

https://www.tracks-up.com/home/world-of-tanks-230218-qna-with-developers

Highlighted some.

• 6th Sense for free an skill rework. 
  • giphy.gif
  •  
  • Wo would have thought giving the SConq awesome dpm, gundhandling, turret and depression could result in balance problems? 

43 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Developers are working on a new system of perks. Sixth Sense skill will most likely be made default - available to all commanders for free.

Didn't they already want to do that two years ago?

Possibility to hide your personal statistics and nickname will be tested out.

Yes, protect the spechul snowflakes even further, instead of restricting people who just can not or do not want to perform to acceptable human levels into a mode where they are not constantly wasting the time of the people who actually posess a brain. WarGaming: "Hey, we're having here a competition-based game, so let's remove everything that encourages competition and good performance. Oh and our dear customers need a safe space, because we can't risk having idiots being chewed out for being idiots in an environment where they are confronted with their own shortcomings and failings." WarGaming championing social justice in their own spechul way. I miss SerB being in control so very much...

Hey Wargaming. You know what would help defusing the "toxic" community? Don't force players who want to perform well and who expect their teammates to at least try their best into teams with people whose definition of fun is going into a match with the expressed intent of ruining the good time of other people. He who poisons the well should be the one being removed, not he who drank from it and spews bile as a consequence. Or lets remove ClanWars, because that totally improves the game :S

Extended complaints system and improved communication between players is also planned, WG has a "karma" system in mind.

Like the one in WarShips that doesn't work at all, because nobody ever gives good karma to others and the little bits you get are instantly removed because somebody didn't like you deleting them after they badly overexposed themselves or because somebody doesn't like you pointing out their flaws and failings? Hm, I wonder how this will work out...

Server replays are in development-hell.

FYP

Hrmpf.

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

I think this is the most fitting thread for this and it is probably better than creating a new one. Yesterday there was a russian Q&A stream with the devs and here some of the answers they gave.

• 6th Sense for free an skill rework. 

Skills will be reworked for the crew system 2.0, which will come next year according to an other transcript from the same Q/A. Yes it is still February and yes they said crew system rework will take them at least 9 more months. :serb:

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

Possibility to hide your personal statistics and nickname will be tested out.

Yes, protect the spechul snowflakes even further.

I would like that, and I am pretty sure a significant portion of the uniscums would murder the population of a small village for such a feature.

• There’s a bot under development, which will play like a 48% WR potato to test tanks.

topkek

2 hours ago, lavawing said:

• There’s a bot under development, which will play like a 48% WR potato to test tanks.

topkek

They're probably working hard to tone the performance of such bot down because it's hard to replicate plays so bad :kappa:

Also, not really looking forward to the premium ammo rebalance. As a basically F2P player I'd like it but at this point, complete rebalance of the game is needed and I don't trust WG to do it properly. Just imagine how crazy 268v4 or Type 5 would be in a world with low pen or low dmg premium ammo.

9 hours ago, hall0 said:
  • . . . a shell rebalance is planned. WG might completely remove premium ammunition in the future.
  •  . . . snip . . . 
  • Developers have no changes planned for the Type 5 Heavy.

:QBSeal:

9 hours ago, hall0 said:

Devs believe that artillery is not problematic.

:brokenheart:

10 hours ago, lavawing said:

topkek

they already developed it 5 years ago just forgot to remove it from the game and it spread like a virus now we are here

6 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

:QBSeal:

:brokenheart:

I'm going to go ahead and guess [possibly incorrectly] that if premium ammo in general got some sort of rework, the Type 5's premium HE will also get whacked in some way.

5 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

I'm going to go ahead and guess [possibly incorrectly] that if premium ammo in general got some sort of rework, the Type 5's premium HE will also get whacked in some way.

It doesn't matter. The entire platform is cancer from top to bottom. The premium HE is just the cherry on the top.

Also the karma system would only make sense even the slightest if you would need at least 50% WR to give karma. Below that the players has absolutely no understanding about the game, so they are not in a position to tell if someone did something well or not.

14 hours ago, Tupinambis said:

Actually my point was not about Type 5 prem HE, its about the existence of a tank with no frontal weak spots that can be penned by opponents credit ammo.  Especially a platform that by design renders opponents armor and weak points irrelevant.  A Maus shooting AP cannot pen a fully aimed shot on a motionless square on Type 5 sitting in the open, whereas a moving Type 5 can snapshot an angled Maus in the face for 400 damage with a 15 fps connection.  Is Maus supposed to flank?

The existence of the Type 5 has been one of the driving factors leading to 'gold spam' or whatever shitters call it because they are unable to earn credits when they lose 56% of their games.  WG answer has not been to rebalance Type 5 - it was to release a TD that cannot even be frontally penned WITH prem ammo.  I look forward to their attempts to balance a problem they have deliberately created.

Baddies think that eliminating prem ammo will balance the game in their favor.  In reality, the armor utilization rate for good players will skyrocket when they no longer have to face the hoard of 44%ers flinging HEAT.  

On 24-2-2018 at 2:01 PM, TAdoo87 said:

Skills will be reworked for the crew system 2.0, which will come next year according to an other transcript from the same Q/A. Yes it is still February and yes they said crew system rework will take them at least 9 more months. :serb:

I would like that, and I am pretty sure a significant portion of the uniscums would murder the population of a small village for such a feature.

How many village do i need to clear? 5, 10?

30 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

Actually my point was not about Type 5 prem HE, its about the existence of a tank with no frontal weak spots that can be penned by opponents credit ammo.  Especially a platform that by design renders opponents armor and weak points irrelevant.  A Maus shooting AP cannot pen a fully aimed shot on a motionless square on Type 5 sitting in the open, whereas a moving Type 5 can snapshot an angled Maus in the face for 400 damage with a 15 fps connection.  Is Maus supposed to flank?

The existence of the Type 5 has been one of the driving factors leading to 'gold spam' or whatever shitters call it because they are unable to earn credits when they lose 56% of their games.  WG answer has not been to rebalance Type 5 - it was to release a TD that cannot even be frontally penned WITH prem ammo.  I look forward to their attempts to balance a problem they have deliberately created.

Baddies think that eliminating prem ammo will balance the game in their favor.  In reality, the armor utilization rate for good players will skyrocket when they no longer have to face the hoard of 44%ers flinging HEAT.  

Gold ammo benefits morons as much as unicums, using wasd is too hard for anyone below blue, so if they cant switch to gold, they will all suffer big time...

ps: wg should ofc add some weakspot (mg holes, viewports, hatches) so you can actually penetrate tanks like the 268 v4 and Type 5 or maus, buuuuut, who knows

50 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

How many village do i need to clear? 5, 10?

ps: wg should ofc add some weakspot (mg holes, viewports, hatches) so you can actually penetrate tanks like the 268 v4 and Type 5 or maus, buuuuut, who knows

Mental image: Tanks equivalent of Dynasty Warriors

For the PS, WG never stopped to think how the driver was supposed to prop out the Type 5's 20+cm thick driver's frontal vision hatch when it opens out and up instead of sideways, nor how it rotates down without having a circular-cross-sectional bottom edge on that one hinge we can see.

Even if it slid sideways like Japanese sliding doors it would still be absurd to get the leverage needed to move it from inside the tank.

12 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

It doesn't matter. The entire platform is cancer from top to bottom. The premium HE is just the cherry on the top.

Also the karma system would only make sense even the slightest if you would need at least 50% WR to give karma. Below that the players has absolutely no understanding about the game, so they are not in a position to tell if someone did something well or not.

Ehhhhh....

The Type 4 and Type 5's armor profile is completely idiotic, but it and the HP pool are the only genuinely good things about them. The mobility is abysmal and, without the premium HE, the firepower would also be complete ass. Frankly its not even *that* good with the premium HE. If premium ammo were rebalanced to be less effective... but also more accessible and widely available, these tanks would get hit by enemy HEAT/APCR more frequently which would naturally offset the ammo itself being nerfed.

The Type 5 and 4 could actually be pretty well balanced if the ammo being shot at them was, in of itself, balanced. If premium APCR/HEAT were functionally standard ammo and balanced against standard ammo, then the armor wouldn't really be *that* dumb. It would end up being a giant brick with 3625HP and a shit-ass gun [assuming "premium" alpha damage is cut 25%].

The tanks could probably benefit from having the 15cm gun deleted and being restricted to the 140mm gun, but that's a different topic.

3 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Overarmored heavies may be driving more gold spam, but these tanks got overarmored in the first place because of gold spam. The Maus getting overbuffed was a rather explicit response to its inability to function in a HEAT/APCR-rich environment. That itself drove even more HEAT/APCR spam, which lead to dumb shit like the WZ113G FT and the O268v4. WG at some point has either recognized that this cycle needs to stop at *some* point, and/or the way "gold spam" has become nearly mandatory at mid/high tiers is pricing out too many payers, which may be leading WOT hemorrhaging its player base.

yeah, it was gold spam that made tanks like the VK-B and Maus unplayable bad, forcing WG to buff the armour so much that even gold will bounce a lot (and making normal AP next to useless)

Even now the armour of a Type 4 is junk, any heat shell that flies in your direction will penetrate it, so 2 morons may bounce AP all day, 1 single medium shooting HEAT will gun you down in no time, especially if you try to do what these tanks are supposed to do: cross some open space and attack

ps: the whole purpose of these super heavys is drive into the open, towards the enemy, so a maus crossing campinvoka field is not ``stupid gameplay``, but it should be the whole fucking purpose of the maus, the maus should be so strong, it should win vs anything 1vs1, even with a worse driver, the maus should be ignored till the end, or get flanked by a big td / heavy and shot in the ass, but head on (arc of 90 deg) it should be unkillable.

In return, the maus should have awefull firepower, since dealing dmg should not be its role, so pre buff gun is more then enough...

ps: without gold ammo, and some nerfs to pre-buff status, the super heavys are actually fine, a type 5 is also almost impossible to kill head on AND has ghetto firepower.

ps ps: the tier 10 TDs are ofc totally wrong, an E3 will wreck any heavy with AP, while there is not a single heavy ingame capable of killing an E3 head on (and the same for Obj 268 and badger) so they will need armour of gun nerfs (E3 with 120mm and 2500 hp, while badger can just get hp buff and dpm nerf) 268 needs a weak lfp.

Its not that hard, sandbox was ok, its just that instead of nering everything to MAUS levels, and cutting gold ammo, they simply buffed everything to E5 level and buffed the armour

(which is as a said 3 years ago, heavys tanks MUST dominate and WG will MAKE heavy tanks dominate..., the way they do this is retarded, but thats because all the baddies cried about sandbox, WG had chosen their end goal, all we could do is change the path, and as always the retards chose the wrong direction hence armour and heavy buffs, instead of gold ammo and (medium) / TD nerfs)

Do we really want to play a game where a super heavy tank or assault TD can drive unopposed across mailnovka in the face of 4-5 hull down mediums with impunity?

Medium tanks should utterly dominate heavy tanks, this idiotic meta where heavy tanks driving across an open field could be considered valid is just silly.  This is Murazor catering to the masses that are not good enough to do anything but blap each other in the face at 50m. 

Obviously this is a game and not reality, but there is a reason that real tanks(TM)  went away from the heavy tanks by 1950.  WW III would have been fast moving T-62s, Pattons, and Leopards using great guns on mobile platforms at longer range to kill each other.  Slow clunky armored heavies should be what beginning players drive until they learn to play real tanks.

Instead, in the most competitive levels of ranked battles, we have games where all 30 tanks are fictional heavy tanks/TDs slinging HEAT at each other because mediums are no longer competitive.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

Obviously this is a game and not reality, but there is a reason that real tanks(TM)  went away from the heavy tanks by 1950.  WW III would have been fast moving T-62s, Pattons, and Leopards using great guns on mobile platforms at longer range to kill each other.  Slow clunky armored heavies should be what beginning players drive until they learn to play real tanks.

The game balance needs many helps but real world situation is not a good reference. Why the world moved to MBT is exactly like gold spam domination. In 50s tank designers concluded that armor improvement had no way to outpace ammo penetration increase, the logical move is thus use no armor. Moreover in real world there's nuke and the rise of air force. What kind of armor can save you from a tactical nuke and bombs from sky?

2 hours ago, wes said:

The game balance needs many helps but real world situation is not a good reference. Why the world moved to MBT is exactly like gold spam domination. In 50s tank designers concluded that armor improvement had no way to outpace ammo penetration increase, the logical move is thus use no armor. Moreover in real world there's nuke and the rise of air force. What kind of armor can save you from a tactical nuke and bombs from sky?

Ahem. Fatboy would like a word.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/supcom/images/f/fc/Fatboy_vs._Omen_Class.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20100126090447

Can survive an Anti Matter Artillery shell from a Mavor even when the shield is down.

And the shield can absorb two such hits before going down.

(the Mavor fires a shell something like 8 meters across)

Sarcasm aside, yeah, catering to the lowest common denominator is a stupid design decision when the lowest denominator notices this and feels insulted. There's a reason CoD prospered, and that was because it let skill do enough that every idiot could pretend he was skilled.

WoT is too blatant about catering to the mentally thick, heavy, slow lot.