Chiroptor

How's Everyone Doing?

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, it's been a while for me. I think I got kind of burnt out on the game and also Overwatch released. Gradually lost interest until I found myself not playing at all and the game didn't appeal to me whatsoever. I have to admit, though, I'm kind of hyped for 1.0. Anyways, it's been probably over a year since I even looked at the forum.. How is everyone doing? Who's still around consistently? Anything I should catch up on? I'd love to hear from you guys!

Edit: Cool. Website took a dump and now I posted 4 times >_>

Edit 2: Thanks, Mods ^_^

Edit: I fixed it

woah you're alive? o7 old friend.

while you've been gone the games been getting worse IMO. every step forwards is accompanied by two steps back kinda thing. :-/

The game's shittier than ever. 9.22 patch basically sealed any chances of this game ever having to do with skill so as they effectively killed WGL and tournaments in general taking the game serious in any regard is really just a huge waste of time and frustration. For a casual pew pew tank game it's fine, but it stops there and goes down the rabbithole real quick. 

Most of the good players have left both the game and this forum. 

8 hours ago, Chiroptor said:

Edit: Cool. Website took a dump and now I posted 4 times >_>

Ugh. You are not alone. There is a huge delay after most submission before your post appears. The accepted method is to copy your text (just in case), then hit refresh. It will usually show up immediately on refresh. However, there can be a substantial (>5 minute) delay when posting in a really long (10+ page) thread.

Thanks, @Deus__Ex__Machina!

o/ Assassin friend. How have you been? That kind of sucks :/ I was hoping they might improve some things while I was gone. Arty is better than it was, I guess? They still need to limit it to 1 or 2 per game. Had 3 focus me on prok last night and it still sucks bad.

@Kolni how has 9.22 specifically had such a negative impact? I thought it was mostly just adding tanks.

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble with posting.

1 hour ago, Chiroptor said:

Thanks, @Deus__Ex__Machina!

o/ Assassin friend. How have you been? That kind of sucks :/ I was hoping they might improve some things while I was gone. Arty is better than it was, I guess? They still need to limit it to 1 or 2 per game. Had 3 focus me on prok last night and it still sucks bad.

@Kolni how has 9.22 specifically had such a negative impact? I thought it was mostly just adding tanks.

Glad I'm not the only one having trouble with posting.

I've been good, though I'm starting to get to the point where I log in, go "I don't feel like playing this game" log out. Which really sucks because I still really enjoy the game and still really want to enjoy the game. 

arty is better, mostly. some people will argue that its even worse though. I prefer it, lt's much less likely to just delete you flat out. Limit is currently 3 which is at least better than 5. Oh and if you werent aware you can't platoon 3 arty any more. platoons can only have 1 arty piece which fixes the 3x bat 58 or 3x CGC bullshit. 

9.22 is doing the same thing the last bunch of patches have done. they're swapping the 263 out for no reason other than they feel like it, introducing more new unbalanced stupid tanks. (seriously every patch now has introduced at least one stupidly OP tank or overbuffed something to absurdity since like 9.18) And every single good change they make is just ruined by the bad changes such as these OP tanks, And the biggest thing they're doing is overbuffing armour, its making gold spam mandatory, rather than just a nice bonus. 

At least, thats my biggest gripe currently. 

WG has seemingly found their preferred "balance" of skill and luck for WOT and they are sticking to it. The game is aimed at the mid age tank fan and as such WG all but removed the vision based playstyle but retained the unforgiving nature of the tier system (tier VI tank oneshot to many tier VIII tanks...). A new MM system tries to fix the "pyramid on it's head" problem (more tier X tanks in the queue than tier IX tanks) by the 3-5-7 default spread. This means you are only very rarely top tier now but if you are you get to really carry the game as only one of 3 tier X tanks. Most often however you are in all tier X battles (or you are one of the seven tier VIII tanks to feed some luckers in ther tier Xs).

Current updates are mostly fluff to keep the masses entertained. Some new tanks are hilarious (but not necessarily strong) and some new features are mildly interesting (suspension on swedish TDs, upcoming reloader on italian tanks) butdon't change the game.

Maps are still the same from where you left... Yes, really. 1.0 will add a lot of visual fluff to them however but that will only change how thegame looks (which everyone will be in rave about only to stop minding after a few battles).

Aaand, thats about it. WG is playing it ultra safe with their cash cow and who can blame them, the WoT of now is prettier than the WoT of old but also more linear and definetely not anything new.