Meirzin

Obj 430U

45 posts in this topic

Played a couple games in this and was very impressed. I used it as a lightly armored heavy and averaged 3800 damage in the first 2 games, need to see how it bullies other mediums though. What are your thoughts on this so far? 

Compared to the 113 since I will not get it? On CT I felt the extra handling made the difference but I think the 113 requires a bit more practice to get used to it which I didn't have.

I have one question: why? They made a big noise about rearranging the RU and GB TDs to keep a consistent flavour, then they give the one thing that gives the CN meds their distinctive flavour to a Russian tank because... reasons.

i agree with @Kolni on this, its not that OP IMO.

like the super conq and 5a its very good in the hands of a knowledgeable player, but in the hands of your typical pubbies its just another xp pinata.

TBH the 268 ver 4 is more of an issue regarding balance than the 430U right now.

This thing is definitely strong, there's no doubt about that in my opinion.

What I am wondering at this point is how this thing will stack up against the 113, especially in competitive play? I'm going to be grinding the 113/WZ 5A line during the coming on-track, but I'm not sure it's even worth getting the 113 at this point. Any input on which of the 113 and 430U is better and whether or not the 113 is worth getting would be greatly appreciated.

I’m still going to buy a 113 this month. Most other things being similar, the 113 does have an extra 2 degrees of gun depression over the side and 300 more HP. With 440 alpha, a 430U dies in 5 shots while a 113 takes 6. That seems like a really big advantage in organized play.

1 hour ago, churchill50 said:

This thing is definitely strong, there's no doubt about that in my opinion.

What I am wondering at this point is how this thing will stack up against the 113, especially in competitive play? I'm going to be grinding the 113/WZ 5A line during the coming on-track, but I'm not sure it's even worth getting the 113 at this point. Any input on which of the 113 and 430U is better and whether or not the 113 is worth getting would be greatly appreciated.

honestly in most cases the 5A will outdo the 113 based on the better alpha alone, so if you are on the fence i'd go with the 5A

I can't believe this tank faces tier 8's :gachi:

Like usually when a tank is this armored you can rush him and go on his side but not this one. This thing traverses fast enough to avoid getting flanked even by two opponent, and the front will hold against a lot of tier 9 gold rounds.

Already starting to see some huge game videos popping up on youtube.  @LemmingRush just parked in front of a bunch of tier 8s and rekt them for 7K while bouncing maus level damage.  This thing looks like easy mode.  It will probably get nerfed before I grind it out.

Just now, nabucodonsor said:

Why does it get better camo than the Bat Chat? Isnt camo based on size? Or the formula is size+russian cloaking = camo?

Cause it's smaller than a Batchat

38 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

How?

Camo is mostly based on the height of the tank as opposed to the engine power, weight, length or width.

Old 430 also had better camo than Bat. Maybe this is one reason why the kept it this way. People had camo skilled and some would be pissed if that camo skill is "useless" now. 

2 hours ago, hall0 said:

Old 430 also had better camo than Bat. Maybe this is one reason why the kept it this way. People had camo skilled and some would be pissed if that camo skill is "useless" now. 

Tell that to the poor 263 aficionados 

I have this thing in my garage, seriously debating boycotting until nerfed with how obsolete I suspect it makes the 113 and 121.

But you have convinced me to take it out for a ride.

My opinion is that it's broken like Murazor or whatever his name's brain must be.

1 minute ago, Guardian54 said:

I have this thing in my garage, seriously debating boycotting until nerfed with how obsolete I suspect it makes the 113 and 121.

It’s not as shitter friendly as the 268v4. You can outplay a 430U in situations where a really bad player could just YOLO rush you in a 268v4. 

However, it does make me feel like a fool for grinding out an Object 260. It’s a much better heavium. 

17 minutes ago, monjardin said:

It’s not as shitter friendly as the 268v4. You can outplay a 430U in situations where a really bad player could just YOLO rush you in a 268v4. 

However, it does make me feel like a fool for grinding out an Object 260. It’s a much better heavium. 

I have the 268v4 too.

Played only once match in it, conclusion: the 268V4 is OP enough that the great god of dicks and dickishness (read "OPness" with the O slightly separate) would like a word on it being OP.

I played the 430U for 2 matches so far, the first was fisherman's bay south (hopeless) and second was Grand Battles. Got killed early in Klondike due to being totally new to the map and overextending, but still conclude that it's OP as hell (could have held off a Leo 1, IS7 and TVP alone thanks to the support I had if a V4 hadn't flanked me and finished me). 113 and 121 might as well be removed from the game with how the 430U dominates them....

...Just checked and realized 121 now has -5 gundep as well and is slightly less cancer than 3 years ago when I started grinding for it (took some long breaks in between, I know). Still does not compensate for the worse aim time and (presumably) handling, and of course the ARMOUR.

EDIT: Also wondering if painting the turret and gun apparently don't affect camo rating anymore according to the description????

14 hours ago, lavawing said:

Tell that to the poor 263 aficionados 

Please, I doubt they're complaining about the 268 V4.

My main gripe with the 430U is that it's not APCR standard :brokenheart: it's a fun tank to play but I have a problem with thinking it's retard-proof instead of playing like a typical RU-med that just happens to be punchier

Played 430U and 121 after each others... yes this is straight out better than 121. For me biggest difference is not armor, camo or mobility but gun handling. That aim time difference really makes 121 feel lot clumsier.  Even though 430U is nowhere as good at snapshotting/aiming as t62/o140, its still good enough whereas 121 is little bit too weak for tier 10 medium.

2 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

...I have a problem with thinking it's retard-proof instead of playing like a typical RU-med that just happens to be punchier...

This basically describes me playing any new tank that is considered good, I overestimate it's strong points and just play badly (usually overextend :kappa:)