Meirzin

Obj 430U

45 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, monjardin said:

However, it does make me feel like a fool for grinding out an Object 260. It’s a much better heavium. 

The 260 became kinda obsolete when they buffed the 113 and especially after they introduced the tier 10 WZ-1111!1.

Those 2 tanks now became obsolete after the introduction of the 430U.

If anything, you can expect the 430U to become obsolete after they are going to introduce the buffed Object 777 or whatever else Murazas mad mind can come up with that is going to come after the T-10.

1 hour ago, Fabunil said:

The 260 became kinda obsolete when they buffed the 113 and especially after they introduced the tier 10 WZ-1111!1.

If anything, you can expect the 430U to become obsolete after they are going to introduce the buffed Object 777 or whatever else Murazas mad mind can come up with that is going to come after the T-10.

People keep saying that the 430U makes the 113 obsolete. I'm looking forward to seeing if it pans out that way in CW.

Here are two VOD's (not mine, just to clarify :kappa:) of a 100 games with 5150 avg dmg, 76% WR and 3 marks after 96 IIRC, in case anyone's interested. They are 8 and 5 hours long so probably not something you want to watch whole.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/226893273

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227210523

6 hours ago, monjardin said:

People keep saying that the 430U makes the 113 obsolete. I'm looking forward to seeing if it pans out that way in CW.

we have been using the 430U's in CW today by having them run with 5A's and they work well, they cant really keep up with 907/140's though.

7 hours ago, Fabunil said:

i could easily see the 777 replacing the 430U, its already faster (at least on paper) and if they buff its armor it will just be a more meaty 430U in terms of HP and armor with better mobility but a shitter gun (providing they don't buff they gun further)

1 hour ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

i could easily see the 777 replacing the 430U, its already faster (at least on paper) and if they buff its armor it will just be a more meaty 430U in terms of HP and armor with better mobility but a shitter gun (providing they don't buff they gun further)

Wait a second.

Looking up 777 gave me the old FTR page.

" Radio: RTU “Yasen” "

I can smell the KanColle Sendai references coming already (the "Yasen Baka" refers to her enthusiasm for Night Battle in her lines...)

On 8.02.2018 at 1:01 PM, hall0 said:

So if the borderline OP SConq and 5A is now the new standard for being balanced I think we crossed a line. 

Heres+what+i+think+_78fecbe4241d397324d7

This is going to be a right pita to 3mark isn't it? My MoE mod states 4600 combined for Mark 1...

On 12/02/2018 at 1:04 AM, Lethul said:

This is going to be a right pita to 3mark isn't it? My MoE mod states 4600 combined for Mark 1...

You are looking at 6.1/6.3k to raise the mark near 93-95%

5 hours ago, ogremage said:

So is it better, worse or "as good but different" compared to the Obj 907?

You’re asking an extremely generic question.

It’s much slower with lower DPM. The side armor seems a bit less troll too. They are very different tanks.

If you want to hold a hull down position in a slow game, then the 430U is better. If you need to rush and focus down tanks, then I would think that a blob of 907s is better. 

Can I expect similar amount of fires, when hit in LP, as with 430?

Would be nice to run food instead of AFE.

I found the 430U to lose it's ammo rack and fuel tank quite regularly, so I wouldn't run food unless you run the ff directive, which is fine to do especially at tier 10 as most games you'll still make bonds.

Ideas for rebalancing this tank? I've got one, and while I had a pair of potato games in it I could tell that it wasn't the tank's fault. They're tough to deal with even in 10s, if they're hulldown you're basically screwed.

Honestly, I think the easiest way to rebalance it would be really simple, give it a pennable commanders hatch.  Its got one, but its pure 110E3 style bait.  If the hatch was E5 thickness at least you could aim and pen it.  

9 hours ago, FavreFan4ever said:

Ideas for rebalancing this tank? I've got one, and while I had a pair of potato games in it I could tell that it wasn't the tank's fault. They're tough to deal with even in 10s, if they're hulldown you're basically screwed.

Nerf either speed or mobility. Then buff accuracy and cut down DPM to E5 levels. It needs to be more of a heavy and less of a hovermed.

6 hours ago, lavawing said:

Nerf either speed or mobility. Then buff accuracy and cut down DPM to E5 levels. It needs to be more of a heavy and less of a hovermed.

But it is a med and it would be a worse 113. The best way would be to weaken the hull and make it work only hull down or vs t8s. 

8 hours ago, hazzgar said:

But it is a med and it would be a worse 113. The best way would be to weaken the hull and make it work only hull down or vs t8s. 

True, that slipped my mind. Still, the 113 is an absolute bus compared to the 430U. Even if both its gun and mobility were nerfed to be worse than on the 113, it would remain, at least in my estimation, a hugely competitive tank just by being ridiculously good at avoiding/blocking damage - and that comes from armour, and it comes from camo, and size.