monjardin

Object 268 version WTF were they thinking?

44 posts in this topic

It's a T110E3 without the frontal LFP weakspots that can run down mediums. It also has one of the fastest reverse speeds in the entire game, a 12 degree gun arc to each side with 293 mm of AP penetration and 650 alpha. What could go wrong?

The Object 268 version 4 goes 55 kph forward and 22 kph backwards with a power-to-weight ratio of 20. For comparison, the Object 140 goes 55 kph forward and 20 kph backwards with a power-to-weight ratio of 16.11.

The LFP is 300 mm, the superstructure is 260 mm at a decent angle and the tiny cupola is 250 mm. The only thing that could be considered a frontal weakspot is the 100 mm UFP, but it's angled like a Strv. So, you'd have to shoot down on it (or use HEAT) to avoid a ricochet. The roof is 55 mm. So, only a FV or JPE with AP is going to overmatch it.

The only thing good I have to say about it is that the whole huge rear is only 45 mm and it does turn like a slug. Chode$tars rejoice! Just be careful not to misjudge to absurd reverse speed when seeking butts. derp lyfe 4eveh

bu4Fluy.png

Once upon a time a man named Murazar once saw a high damage replay on youtube where a retard yolorushes a bunch of imbeciles in a 263.

The following night he had a wet dream, a brilliant idea for a new great addition to the game that is called World of Tanks.

He was he went to work on it soon after and turned his wet dream into reality but alas, as zealously as he was he wasn't a very smart man.

Any advice on equipment? Rammer/binocs/camo net like the old 263 methinks?

Played it once, conclusion: barring hopeless maps i.e. south end of fisherman's bay or Mines where team refuses to get on hill, OP as hell.

EDIT: I'm considering applying camo paint to the gun to celebrate it's OPness (read "O Pness" and note that it is clearly phallic in nature), I presume this does not increase the vehicle's camo rating due to the description?

I don’t think it needs a GLD, but I’d prefer vents over a camo net. Optics only gets to ~415 m without vision skills, but you’re probably better off with a bull rush versus trying to deploy binocs in a bush.

I don’t have one. So, don’t take that as definitive. 

16 minutes ago, monjardin said:

I don’t think it needs a GLD, but I’d prefer vents over a camo net. Optics only gets to ~415 m without vision skills, but you’re probably better off with a bull rush versus trying to deploy binocs in a bush.

With paint on the hull (and not the gun) and average about 75% camo skill on crew, camo net kicks it (from 26%) to 41% stationary camo.

Hence I was like "I like vents and all, but..."

11 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

With paint on the hull (and not the gun) and average about 75% camo skill on crew, camo net kicks it (from 26%) to 41% stationary camo.

I suppose that’s useful on Prok... and late game on a couple other maps. 

3 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Camo net is useless on anything that is not a Ikea TD. Also you have OP armour with shit accuracy and dpm why would you waste it to camp? Btw camping is boring. Just play it like Murazor wanted it so brawl.

8 hours ago, monjardin said:

It's a T110E3 without the frontal LFP weakspots that can run down mediums. It also has one of the fastest reverse speeds in the entire game, a 12 degree gun arc to each side with 293 mm of AP penetration and 650 alpha. What could go wrong?

The Object 268 version 4 goes 55 kph forward and 22 kph backwards with a power-to-weight ratio of 20. For comparison, the Object 140 goes 55 kph forward and 20 kph backwards with a power-to-weight ratio of 16.11.

The LFP is 300 mm, the superstructure is 260 mm at a decent angle and the tiny cupola is 250 mm. The only thing that could be considered a frontal weakspot is the 100 mm UFP, but it's angled like a Strv. So, you'd have to shoot down on it to avoid a ricochet. The roof is 55 mm. So, only a FV of JPE with AP is going to overmatch it.

The only thing good I have to say about it is that the whole huge rear is only 45 mm and it does turn like a slug. Chode$tars rejoice! Just be careful not to misjudge to absurd reverse speed when seeking butts. derp lyfe 4eveh

bu4Fluy.png

You forgot to mention that if angled it is almost impenetrable and that you cant track it.

6 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

This tank:notlikethis:

I guess I'll wait for 1.0 and the hopefully incoming nerf....

Have you seen the new maps?  I hate to say this and I want to be really wrong but I think this game is almost done for. And I mean it. They have absolutely no clue of what they are doing. Really fuck Murazor&Co

13 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

Any advice on equipment? Rammer/binocs/camo net like the old 263 methinks?

Hell no.  This tank is built to move.  Rammer, Vents, optional third but I think I went with GLD on the test server (yeah, yeah, I know... test server).  With that, keep in mind that all of my ~words~ here are from experience on the test server since I've only fought the damn thing once on live so far.

Anyways, this is absolutely a yolo assault TD.  Like @monjardin said, it's an E3 if the E3 had no frontal weakspots pennable by standard rounds, except it also goes 55kmh and all you trade in for that is 100 less alpha.

About its only weakness in a brawl is that the hull traverse is god awful (I ran the Clutch Braking directive a few times to see if it helped and it doesn't), but that doesn't matter if you have friends with you or if you just don't overcommit against a medium or something.  A buddy and I platooned them on test server last night and just did dumb gay double-tap-R yolo strats on any given map and we won more often than not, just beating up on pubs with RR right click left click with HEAT rounds.  And this is the test server where everyone fires straight gold - most gold ammo will have a less than 50/50 chance of penning this thing on level ground.  It'll probably be less effective armor-wise once idiots start figuring out that the lower plate is total fucking bait - funny enough, your best chance is slinging gold at the UFP if you can't get around to the side.

I don't have any other relevant thoughts on it yet that haven't already been covered but I do want to grind it out on live - pity it's the other TD line that I wasn't grinding up already.

A platoon of 2 v4's driven by even moderately competent players willing to actually bomb it to the engagement makes for some pretty quick games. I just ran with them in a 140 and watched their flank/rear. 3 would be pretty much unstoppable, but I haven't seen it yet.

Just about the time the grind curve of normal players reaches the tank, it will be nerfed into oblivion - just like the Obj 268 back in the old days.  I was so primed to get the 268, and actually enjoyed all the TD's in the grind, especially the Obj. 704.  Finally get to the 268 about 1 1/2 months after the Nerf and .... wtf - played it a handful of times and never took it out again.  Total waste of time, same thing happened to me with the FV 183 TD - sorry WG, your not going to fool me ever again.  In Warships they rarely nerf ships ( aside from the inability to balance US CV line ) and when they do, it simply brings it in line - it doesn't turn into a global 48% block of cheese.

2 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

it doesn't turn into a global 48% block of cheese.

My WZ-132 was at about 60% win rate before the Tier 9/10 LTs. Right now it's at 49% and dropping like a rock because it's a WORSE Type 62 NOW.

Thanks everyone for the advice, but I'll keep up the cheap-assing until I find the DPM/handling inadequate compared to hitting 41+% stationary camo (useful when trying to push/scout Prok or some other maps i.e. Murovanka forest)...

I tried it on the test server with rammer/vents/binocs. The binocs are useless with its camo. GLD or optics would be better and charge!

Also, I'm not going to grind for it for the reasons @BiggieD61 stated.

The reverse speed is my favorite part about the tank. It more than makes up for the bad hull traverse. You can make plays with this mobility that I wouldn't try to pull of in the Object 260 just because you back out before people know what hit them. I backed up the Malinovka hill at 22 kph!

3 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Anyways, this is absolutely a yolo assault TD.  Like @monjardin said, it's an E3 if the E3 had no frontal weakspots pennable by standard rounds, except it also goes 55kmh and all you trade in for that is 100 less alpha.

And I here thought the 113 G FT was pushing it

53 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

My WZ-132 was at about 60% win rate before the Tier 9/10 LTs. Right now it's at 49% and dropping like a rock because it's a WORSE Type 62 NOW.

Thanks everyone for the advice, but I'll keep up the cheap-assing until I find the DPM/handling inadequate compared to hitting 41+% stationary camo (useful when trying to push/scout Prok or some other maps i.e. Murovanka forest)...

Why ask for advice if you are just going to do whatever you want anyway ?

This is a push in your face tank. If you want to run bino, camo net and sit in the back. Please do.

1 hour ago, Guardian54 said:

>41% stationary camo

>useful when trying to push

you do realize pushing requires moving right

like, whatever floats your boat dude, but...

15 hours ago, SaintLaurentius said:

This tank:notlikethis:

I guess I'll wait for 1.0 and the hopefully incoming nerf....

knowing WG, good luck.

4 hours ago, DHP said:

Why ask for advice if you are just going to do whatever you want anyway ?

This is a push in your face tank. If you want to run bino, camo net and sit in the back. Please do.

1. The advice is something to consider while playing. As in "hmm, would this setup have worked better just now???"

2. The one match I played in it I would have got my face slagged in by surprise via a Grille 15 if I'd gone with my flanker habits and just rushed in. Paused a moment to check for enemies (6th is nice, but 3 second delay might as well be binoc time anyhow), spotted him behind a bush on the west line of Pilsen (I was north team). So the binocs turned out useful enough.

More importantly, I would put vents on it if the aim time was longer, the reload was longer, etc. But when it's this goddamned brokenly OP, I'm not putting vents when the nerfs are that obviously coming. I'll make my final decisions afterward... or if I play it again on say Sand River and find its accuracy lacking or something.

4 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

>41% stationary camo

>useful when trying to push

you do realize pushing requires moving right

like, whatever floats your boat dude, but...

Ah, sorry. I should have said when supporting a push, or rush into place early and spot enemy push, shoot their flanks up, and counter-push like on 7/8-line (forget which the forest west ridge is on, just east of that before the three hills) of Murovanka. Or spotting snipers in the south end of Arctic Region when spawning north (a lot of guys seem to hug that hillside in center south area to shoot at drive wheels?) Or any number of uses when you need to look around carefully for a moment, or give the enemy a moment to overextend.

It's true I put vents on all my other big TDs, but 2 second aim time and a pretty fuckoff fast reload already means I don't feel a dire need for it on this one, at least not yet.

Also I severely doubt it'll stay this level of brokenly OP, so as a Tier 10--which means I'll almost never play it--I'm ambivalent about actually equipping it with fixed equipment other than the always-mandatory Gun Rammer. Fully equipped my 430U because it's OP as hell and fun, but this is so far beyond that that equipping it could just be a credit dump after the inevitable (?) nerf.

OMG. It’s 10 gold to remove a piece of equipment. That’s pennies. 

5 hours ago, monjardin said:

OMG. It’s 10 gold to remove a piece of equipment. That’s pennies. 

I have too many other lines to grind dailies in to play Tier 10s most of the time unless it's to farm emblems (e.g. that Canada Day when they gave one set of flags per first win in each vehicle).

I don't care that it's pennies. I care that I won't be playing the vehicle enough to be worth it. Also because I dislike WG charging gold for demounting equipment for some odd reason (though I'll happily pay for perma camo on every part of a vehicle??? I dunno, personal psychosis). EDIT: Also I only have like 2 Class 3 Vents left in depot and I'll need one of them for T-10 once I finish the 257 grind and move the crew over, and the other, well, whenever I buy another Tier 9 heavy that needs it to not have quite as cancer gun handling (or maybe on my very tolerable Jagdtiger for a bit more mobility?).

Still agree with everyone else that it's so obscenely broken that nerfhammer is "imminent" (EDIT: forgot the quote marks).

EDIT: Also super glad that none of us owns Wargaming because we'd need to hire a whole new balancing department after this.

EDIT 2: Oh, right, in the Old Murovanka of 4 years ago, I once used binocs (rammer/vents for other 2) to ambush a Chaffee by accident, via inching forward a bit, spotting, inching forward some more, spotting again, etc. I was actually aiming for the lower plate of a Maus I'd just lit up, but I clicked my 155mm gun and... Chafee destroyed.

Man, I would have thought WG would wait until patch 1.0 to introduce tier 12 tanks...

I see this tank from the front and I don't even waste the ammo shooting at it. 

So last night one of these rushed tracks on live oak and beat all the mediums to the bush at the edge of the water.  GG, he locked down the entire flank.  My current strategy is to avoid them, they are impossible to play against if they take a good position and have support.  I resorted to slinging HE at its gun with my E100 at one point last night.

First the Grille, then the STRV, then the Badger, now this abomination.  I'm feeling like even I - who has apologized for WG and continued to play this game long after all the smart money left - is about to run out of reasons to play.

32 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

First the Grille, then the STRV, then the Badger, now this abomination.  I'm feeling like even I - who has apologized for WG and continued to play this game long after all the smart money left - is about to run out of reasons to play.

I make no apologies for them...but the game is still enjoyable enough I'll keep playing.  When I'm good enough that it's the game holding me back, not my (lack of) skills, then I'll have run out of rope.

But I am looking over at PubG with interest...and I never finished Witcher 3.