monjardin

Object 268 version WTF were they thinking?

99 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

First the Grille, then the STRV, then the Badger, now this abomination.  I'm feeling like even I - who has apologized for WG and continued to play this game long after all the smart money left - is about to run out of reasons to play.

Hold on a second.

I thought Grille was underpowered, as opposed to zomgwtfbbqsauce OP?

If you meant it says the balancing department is shit, yeah, I agree.

1 hour ago, Archaic_One said:

So last night one of these rushed tracks on live oak and beat all the mediums to the bush at the edge of the water.  GG, he locked down the entire flank.  My current strategy is to avoid them, they are impossible to play against if they take a good position and have support.  I resorted to slinging HE at its gun with my E100 at one point last night.

First the Grille, then the STRV, then the Badger, now this abomination.  I'm feeling like even I - who has apologized for WG and continued to play this game long after all the smart money left - is about to run out of reasons to play.

>Grille

Reverse speed got nerfed, IIRC terrain resistance as well.  Was a little broken before then.

>Strv

Still needs a camo nerf or some shit but at least they didn't go through with the overmatch changes

>Badger

Please. Badger's is nowhere near as bad as this thing, the lower plate is paper and it can't yolo to a light tank spot like the grille of old or the 268v4

Definitely agree that WG balance department either doesn't exist or it's just an army of poor nerds who have to do all the dumb shit Murazor suggests while drunk on vodka one night

2 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

Definitely agree that WG balance department either doesn't exist or it's just an army of poor nerds who have to do all the dumb shit Murazor suggests while drunk on vodka one night

*warning: seriously terribad puns ahead*

You seem to be suggesting they are... unhinged. This is actually a good thing if balancing is a Class 1 lever, but not if it's a class 2 or 3.

Then the question is... is there a fulcrum for them to balance around?

My answer to that would be "yes, Murazor et al are full of crummy ideas, which abbreviates to fulcrum"

*end of terribad puns*

3 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

When I discovered it's existence I was shocked. I always thought it was a meme running around.

To me honestly, the biggest issue is the max speed... Just crazy how fast this thang can go.

The fact that all that armor can be hauled up to the front so quickly is the one bit of novelty that the 268v4 brings to the table. But then again, you still have a code 22 magnet that doesn't have a turret nor good track traverse, nor good view range, nor any notable firepower advantage. So in total, a weird gimmick that can be just as ebola to use as it is to fight against. WG tried so hard to make a TD that doesn't behave like a TD, and in the end I don't think that's to anyone's benefit. Should have just left the 263 line alone. If they really wanted it to be more popular, then buff their depression, gun sweeps and velocity perhaps, but no need for this autistic gimmick.

rqLewfU.png

I thought they "fixed" matchmaking in this patch to pair similar tanks instead of just using the class? I don't recall a single tank mismatch that completely throws a game one way like this. A 268v4 versus a Strv 103B with 3/5/7 MM on a corridor map is absurd.

11 hours ago, monjardin said:

rqLewfU.png

I thought they "fixed" matchmaking in this patch to pair similar tanks instead of just using the class? I don't recall a single tank mismatch that completely throws a game one way like this. A 268v4 versus a Strv 103B with 3/5/7 MM on a corridor map is absurd.

IIRC they only did class and superheavies

Actually doing it by subclass would require knowing the game well enough to determine subclasses and if they knew the game that well they'd be able to fucking, idk, balance  it better.

That video points out exactly why binocs and a camo net are such a waste of time, @Guardian54. See how the Strv 103B camo and DPM didn’t mean a thing when the 268v4 can just run him down while bouncing shots?

3 hours ago, monjardin said:

That video points out exactly why binocs and a camo net are such a waste of time, @Guardian54. See how the Strv 103B camo and DPM didn’t mean a thing when the 268v4 can just run him down while bouncing shots?

Yeah, I'll deck it out once I have the spare creds during a equipment 50% sale.

2 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

QB "the jury is still out". 

The jury was never out..

I think he means they're out because they threw the case out as a complete waste of time.

Otherwise... :/

QB is purely a WG shill.  As he proved when he threw foch under the bus - he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him.

TBH more power to him - if I could sit at home and play tanks all day and get paid for it and the price was shilling for WG

just kidding fuck that noise what an awful fucking game

but if I had something like that with a game I really enjoyed I'd totally bend the knee and open the throat

45 minutes ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

just kidding fuck that noise what an awful fucking game

Um, given I tracked you in your T-100 LT in my VK 100.01 today when I went southeast on Sacred Valley and helped tank for a T92 during the flanking push phase there (your northwest crew won initially, but our TDs turned the tide), you still play, which means you find the game less awful than these words seem to show.

Being paid for playing tanks occasionally and bleating WG's praises in passive-aggressive fashion should be lots of fun then? At least you get paid instead of playing for free/paying WG...

16 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Um, given I tracked you in your T-100 LT in my VK 100.01 today when I went southeast on Sacred Valley and helped tank for a T92 during the flanking push phase there (your northwest crew won initially, but our TDs turned the tide), you still play, which means you find the game less awful than these words seem to show.

Being paid for playing tanks occasionally and bleating WG's praises in passive-aggressive fashion should be lots of fun then? At least you get paid instead of playing for free/paying WG...

oh, that was you? I normally don't check usernames on the enemy team lmao.

Yeah of course I still play, doesn't mean it's not an awful game.  I'm just saying I would rather it not be my day job

15 hours ago, PlanetaryGenocide said:

IIRC they only did class and superheavies

Actually doing it by subclass would require knowing the game well enough to determine subclasses and if they knew the game that well they'd be able to fucking, idk, balance  it better.

Their reasoning for replacing the 263 was that it wasn't being played like they wanted it to (they wanted it to be an assault TD, people were sniping with it) and it was messing MM up with the whole E3 vs 263 thing.

Of course, what they say and what they have actually implemented isn't necessarily the same thing...

The more tanks of this kind get introduced by WG, the bigger the smile of my good old Brunhild gets ♡20180212_110210.jpg

Is the Object 268v4 the best tier 10 heavium right now?

https://tanks.gg/compare/is-7?t=wz-111-5a~113~obj-430u~obj-268-4~obj-260

The IS-7, WZ-111 5A, 113, Object 430U and Object 268v4 all arguably play the fast heavy role. The TD is the only one out of that list that I don't have, and I regret not grinding out that line every time I run into one of them in one of the other tanks. It's the fastest, heaviest (OMG the rams!!!), biggest alpha, best penetration with middle of the pack DPM and crazy armor.

Any guesses on how they'll nerf this thing? I'm trying to figure out if I want to grind one or not. I'd rather play my tanks that I already have, but it's so broken to play on the test server...

They will nerf the mobility, and thats it, without its super high reverse speed and with 200 hp (the horse ones, not hitpoints) less, it will be a sittin duck vs anything fast.

The only reason its now so op is due to speed, give it Jp-E100 turn speed and reverse speed, and its GG

13 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

They will nerf the mobility, and thats it, without its super high reverse speed and with 200 hp (the horse ones, not hitpoints) less, it will be a sittin duck vs anything fast.

The only reason its now so op is due to speed, give it Jp-E100 turn speed and reverse speed, and its GG

It needs an LFP weakspot too. I think Dez posted a battle with 20k bounced. I get it the tank only works vs morons but since most players are morons it's still broken. Because who cares you can deal with a certain tank if your pubbies will get stomped by it. You can't be on all flanks and if it rolles over them too fast you are screwed.

I'd be happy if it played like the pre-HD JP2 at tier 10: mobile, good gun and great hull down armor, but get penned all day if you're sitting out in the open. @GehakteMolen is probably right, and they'll nerf the engine power instead. 

6 hours ago, monjardin said:

I'd be happy if it played like the pre-HD JP2 at tier 10

That would be a lot of fun. I wanted the old 263 to be like that, but the gun traverse and depression made it way too uncomfortable compared to the Jp2. I wouldn't mind if the vehicle was straight up mediocre - if it played like that, I'd still buy it.

Yeah the speed on this thing is ridiculous.  V4 driver sitting there in the LT scout bush smoking a cigarette waiting on the meds to show up so they can kill them is kinda silly.