GehakteMolen

Special position for members who passed away

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Last year, 2 of our clan members passed away, one 30 years old in a car crash and in 40 years old from cancer. We had some discussion in the clan about it, and what to do. One shared he’s account with he’s sister, so he is no longer part of the clan, the other still is. There is however no special rank for situations like this. There is no ``honorable rank`` or ``special member`` position you can assign people like this too. At first this is not that much of a problem. But over time, people come and go, so people just think: that guy is inactive, and might kick him accidental, the only way to prevent that is by making them Deputy Commander, which is also not ideal. We want a special rank, which only the commander can assign people to (like deputy commander) with no special purpose`s, except for to put people in who passed away / did something special for the clan / other reason you want to give people a special rank for.

So we decided to ask WG Support about this:

Hi, 322's been an active clan for many years, and during the years 2 of our members died in real life. We don't just want to remove them so we're still keeping them in clan to honor them in a way. We're wondering if a new role could be added to the existing ones, so we could assign it to them. Something like RIP, honorable member, or something similar. 

Regards, Body_Count

Replay for Wargaming support: 

Dear, 
Thank you for contacting Wargaming Customer Support regarding your issue. Please excuse us for the late reply. We have a high number of tickets at the moment and it will take us a while to get back to everybody. Firstly, I am terribly sorry for you and your clan's loss of these clan members. We, as gamers, form strong bonds with each other while playing together and it is always tough to lose a buddy. What you are doing - keeping them in the clan, is a wonderful tribute to their memory, and  I am sure they would have appreciated it very much. 
Unfortunately, it is not up to us in Support to decide about such things. Your best bet is to share this idea in our forum, so the devs can see it and, hopefully, do something about it:
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/forum/2704-game-discussion/ The only thing I can think of now is to just assign them an executive officer role or some role that can have multiple people assigned to it. I am sorry I could not be of much help. Have a blessed holiday season, both you and your clan members! If you have any other questions, feel free to come back to us. 

Best wishes,

So while the moderator was not unsupportive, he could not do much about it.
Which means, the only way to get this done, is by start a topic on the forums about this / contact devs or mods in another way.

My question would be, what’s the easiest way to get this done? Are there any higher up devs reading forum / wotlabs, is starting a topic in the in-game discussion a good way. Would contacting Russian developers help speeding things up? Im open to suggestions.

Gehaktemolen,
CL of 322

(edit: @mods, feel free to move this topic to a better / other place if forum)

You'd probably have to contact the Russian devs. We in -G- had a similar situation, with _Lion and Poshybrid passing away. Poshy had a big streaming following so WG staff transferred his account to a memorial clan, and Lion is still in our clan. 

I feel you, and wish you the best in your attempts.

We left Gilalad in the original foxey when he passed, and most of us are doing other things, no one but him in the original, or retired in f0xey.

If you piss post in the official EU forum or not ...

Best bet would be in the RU-forum or try to find someone in the koreanrandom forum who has contacts directly in Minsc. Maybe @seriych  knows whom to contact in the koreanrandom forum?!

P.S.: Body Count is back? How come?

22 hours ago, sr360 said:

You'd probably have to contact the Russian devs. We in -G- had a similar situation, with _Lion and Poshybrid passing away. Poshy had a big streaming following so WG staff transferred his account to a memorial clan, and Lion is still in our clan. 

I feel you, and wish you the best in your attempts.

18 hours ago, Folterknecht said:

If you piss post in the official EU forum or not ...

Best bet would be in the RU-forum or try to find someone in the koreanrandom forum who has contacts directly in Minsc. Maybe @seriych  knows whom to contact in the koreanrandom forum?!

P.S.: Body Count is back? How come?

Yeah, russian devs is best chance, wil try Korearandom forum and ask around on official EU forum, who to contact (is overlord still doign wot things? he used to be a EU forum guy who actually knew stuff / asked if he didnt know)

hes blog: http://overlord-wot.blogspot.nl/ is also still active (listy posts there stuff still)

Unfortunately there is no single EU person who might help you so don't waste your time there. Hit directly to devs or people who have contact with them. 

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

Yeah, russian devs is best chance, wil try Korearandom forum and ask around on official EU forum, who to contact (is overlord still doign wot things? he used to be a EU forum guy who actually knew stuff / asked if he didnt know)

hes blog: http://overlord-wot.blogspot.nl/ is also still active (listy posts there stuff still)

I don't know what Overlord does nowdays, last I ve heard he was on Cyprus. As for Listy, ~2 years back he still had contact information for Overlord ... .

Also you can try to contact https://de.wot-life.com/eu/player/Sarah_Plume-500580446 - former EU forum moderator from way back (2011).

She is german and understands english, tell her Folterknecht send you. Until 1-2 years back she had 1 or two contacts in Minsk.