Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nalok

Directives

11 posts in this topic

So I tried searching for a general "directives" topic and there was something from last years test server but nothing recent that I could find but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I was wondering, do you guys use them a lot? On some tanks? Are there any catches where they don't stack or something? Or is it better saving up for years to buy improved equipment?

If its on some tanks, which ones would you typically use them on?

I use them for firefighting on my russian meds so I can run food with less risk. It costs 2 bonds/battle So it is easy to run a session and have positive bonds at the end if you run plenty of T10's

I also use the designated target bond on a couple of my LTs that have a newish crew that I haven't got around to training the actual perk. (At this stage, only my Type 62 (first chinese completely new crew) and my AMX 13 90 which I pinched the crew a while back for my batchat 25t/lorraine 40t combo.

I think improved equipment is the better way to go, but If you can live without it then there is nothing wrong with directives. Just bear in mind that some of the more expensive directives _will_ drain you bonds if you run them on too many tanks.

I only really use the fire fighting ones for the reason above on about 5-6 tanks that really need food.  I don't do much to earn bonds, especially now that they nerfed ranked to keep scrubs like me from leeching bonds, so I hover at around 1400 +/-.  Ergo, I'll never own any purple equipment, so directives are pretty much the only benefit I use.

Fire fighting for a few tanks that burn alot. Other directives don't do much and are alot more expensive.

FF and maybe camo. Maybe the Vstab one but it is very expensive.

Oh and since we are at it the only improved equipment people should get are IVstab and IVents. The rest is garbage.

Directives can also be used to fill in 6th Sense. It's expensive though, so probably only worth doing if you've got some serious crew training bonuses stacking and can grind through the actual perk fairly quickly.

FF directive earns itself in on T10, on 3skill crews that don't have FF yet means you can still run food on them without huge fire losses. 

If you have FF on a few members but not all then FF directive effectiveness goes down the drain, and it's less useful for the 150% boost with full FF on your crew anyway. My advice is to save up bonds for improved equipment on keeper tanks as much as possible, and use the proper directive to mitigate a weakness on tanks you're tryharding on, otherwise use them for equipment mostly

I use ff but I don't really think the rest are worth it. 

Also, I think that there was an option to buy reward CW tanks with bonds, if you didn't get enough points with your clan. Anyone knows how it worked exactly? How many bonds were needed and is it worth piling up if you want to get, let's say 907, but your don't really participate much in CWs?

8 hours ago, MatzerMike said:

Also, I think that there was an option to buy reward CW tanks with bonds, if you didn't get enough points with your clan. Anyone knows how it worked exactly? How many bonds were needed and is it worth piling up if you want to get, let's say 907, but your don't really participate much in CWs?

At the end of the last campaign choosing a reward tank for anyone cost 4000 bonds. The first place clan could earn up to 7500 bonds per player. However you had to play an adequate amount of clan wars to earn the option to buy a tank in the first place. 

As of right now, a typical high tier tank with a well-developed crew won't gain much from directives. You could throw on firefighting, repairs, or camo to a crew that doesn't already have them, or maybe a tank with bad view range could run the optics directive to hit the spotting cap, but other than that its just minor conveniences.

The real meta-breaking happens at the low tiers. Adding sixth-sense to crews that don't already have it or stacking view range to screw with the vision game. Maybe even some camo memes. Though sadly low tiers just don't earn the directives to sustain this. Still, one of these days ranked is going to either sink or swim and when that happens there's good odds that the bond goodies will be sold for credits. When that happens, game on.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0