Sign in to follow this  
Jaegaer

Slay the Spire

7 posts in this topic

Cheapish game that really really got me like no game since years. A lot of fun for the moneyz, quite relaxing and addictive at the same time.

For those living under a rock: It's basically a card game where you build your decks and fight against various NPC monsters as you work your way up floor by floor to get as far as you can before losing all your hitpoints.

It sounds similar in concept to Dominion. It started the deck-building genre, and it is a lot of fun too.

I actually bought this game like two weeks ago after one of my coworkers streamed it for a bit.

I'm trash at mitigating RNG in this game and i'm not a huge fan of CCG/deckbuilding games but it's pretty fun.  I have one win with each character and a giant pile of deaths and abandoned runs

Dominion was fun until I learned that just buying coins and ignoring most of the cards is the best way to win consistently.

I've watched Slay the Spire on stream and it is kinda fun. Not quite enough to make me want to buy it but I see the draw.

On ‎16‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 10:39 PM, dualmaster333 said:

is the best way to win consistently.

...in a newbie group.

Indeed, you can get far with the very basic "buy Province whenever you can, else buy the best money, else do nothing" but usually not in a group that knows how to play (unless the Kingdom card selection really sucks).

I am 12 hours in a won 5 times now, only played the Ironclad so far. However my last three runs were all wins. The key to consistency is to tae every chance to trim your deck and only take cards that REALLY help you. I did end with less than 20 cards each.

Also if you unlocked all the cards, it gets easier as some cards are VERY strong when build for (such as "double your current strength" - 500 damage Heavy Blade incoming).

Most of my ironclad wins have been dumb cheese builds that happened to benefit from Necronomicon combined with hilarious energy/strength/both gen combined with Whirlwind

EvhrF2u.png

I was originally going for a snecko eye meme run but then i got the whirlwind and the necronomicon book like two nodes later so...

Sign in to follow this