hazzgar

Obj705A - No one really plays this?

47 posts in this topic

So no one on wotlabs plays this? I know the UFP is meh and the lfp is not great either but I assume someone at least tried it. What are the opinions?

0.44 base accuracy with shit DPM and HEAT that is on a shitty side in terms of pen seems like an aids combo in a current meta filled with overarmored tanks. Shit accuracy + shit pen + shit DPM combined together was (and still is) the biggest reason why Type 5’s 14cm is so shit. 705A’s gun actually seems very similar to Type 5’s AP gun, just bit better pen and alpha for mega shit accuracy instead of just shit accuracy.

IS-M in theory is great but it suffers heavily from tier 8 MM, and tier 9 705 seems like a VK B that trades turret armor for everything else. Neither of them are fun to play I guess (I hated the IS-M).

And then we have the 268 V4 which just renders 705A obsolete - it is essentially 705A that trades turret for 2x reverse speed, more than 50% better forward mobility, +100mm LFP armor, and a much better gun. I guess that is another factor.

705A doesnt seem bad at all - in fact, it seems pretty good, just not fun at all with mega shit gun stats, and the line doesnt seem very fun either.

I think the easiest solution on making these tanks more popular and fun was just to buff the base accuracy. 0.44 is just aids at tier 10 no matter what; no gun should have less accuracy than 0.40 at tier 10, other than arty and derps.

That being said, it also looks really sexy, so I might get one eventually.

705A side armor seems to not have tier 9 trolliness. Boat hull does not go all way down, instead its "normal" vertical non-angled armor behind tracks. Even tier 7 would have no problems penetrating that with normal ammo as long as they would aim low enough.

Found the ism significantly better for tier than the 705, despite being a tier 8. Basically killed any rush to grind the 10. Legga summed the 9 up nicely, good turret but that's about it. 

1 hour ago, GehakteMolen said:

I first need to grind 6e sense on the IS before i can start playing the IS-m, so is gonna take me atleast 6 months before i have the tx unlocked :P

eeh come on. It's a heavy so you can play with no 6th without losing much

50 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

eeh come on. It's a heavy so you can play with no 6th without losing much

kurwa the IS sucks so much dick, first 10 games it was fun, now the fuckbad gun is rage inducting, might just switch the crew over alrdy

7 minutes ago, GehakteMolen said:

kurwa the IS sucks so much dick, first 10 games it was fun, now the fuckbad gun is rage inducting, might just switch the crew over alrdy

I was surprised you wanted to grind a crew there. I'd get t150 or kv2 but IS? That tank was good 2+ years ago

IS is still decent but only because I seem to get a lot more top tier matches in it than I do in anything T8+.  It's great at facepunching tier 6's for 400 alpha, never ended up trying the 100mm gun.

Anyways, the main reason I want the 705A is cause it looks cool and a 650 alpha soviet heavy sounds fun, so once I eventually get it I'll leave my thoughts in here after I play some rounds in it on live.

11 hours ago, leggasiini said:

tier 9 705 seems like a VK B that trades turret armor for everything else. Neither of them are fun to play I guess (I hated the IS-M).

Have you tried it with the 122mm? The DPM seems pretty absurd for a brick heavy.

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

Have you tried it with the 122mm? The DPM seems pretty absurd for a brick heavy.

Never played the 705, but that is from my experience fighting against one as well as opinions from others

122 has even shittier pen which kinda sucks (also lol APCR).

This tank seems like an interesting concept, in-your-face sidescraping and 650 boom seems fun, but the 268 4 is still a thing and it doesn't have that much pen :(

@CarbonWard had a status update about it where he said it's bad and he wouldn't play it again. I'm assuming it either needs a gun buff or some better armor by reading his post.

Man this tank shows how stupid WG is. They already had a great sidescraping decently mobile superheavy: the IS4. Sure it needs a buff (or better the other tanks should be nerfed and balance around it) but it already does what the 705A does and even better. 

I guess because many already have an IS4 not many players would grind and throw away free xp for it. 

I dont think this thing/line was necessary at all. No matter what you do to the 705A, it wont be very unique.

Make it bit more a superheavy (armor buff but mobility nerf)? Basically a Russian VK 7201 K. Make it more a mobile HT with big boomstick? (mobility buff, possibly a armor nerf a bit)? Its just a rear turret AMX M4 54, I.E more awkward version of it.

I mean new tanks are new tanks so its something. Wish they prioritized on something unique like Japanese TDs. Whatever happens to the 705a, the gun really does need to be buffed. 

50 minutes ago, leggasiini said:

Wish they prioritized on something unique like Japanese TDs.

At the current rate of power creep, Japanese TD Tier X premiuim HE ammo could probably make Sturmtiger look balanceable.

There are three new RU tier Xs.  I cannot imagine that this thing is high on anybodies list to grind compared to the Vers 4 and the 430U.  Fun is still a thing after all and nothing about this tank looks all that fun.

2 minutes ago, Archaic_One said:

There are three new RU tier Xs.  I cannot imagine that this thing is high on anybodies list to grind compared to the Vers 4 and the 430U.  Fun is still a thing after all and nothing about this tank looks all that fun.

It does sit on a pretty good line with easy tanks to grind, for what that's worth.

4 hours ago, leggasiini said:

I dont think this thing/line was necessary at all. No matter what you do to the 705A, it wont be very unique.

Make it bit more a superheavy (armor buff but mobility nerf)? Basically a Russian VK 7201 K. Make it more a mobile HT with big boomstick? (mobility buff, possibly a armor nerf a bit)? Its just a rear turret AMX M4 54, I.E more awkward version of it.

I mean new tanks are new tanks so its something. Wish they prioritized on something unique like Japanese TDs. Whatever happens to the 705a, the gun really does need to be buffed. 

If it is a 650alpha amx m4 54 with actual gold pen then it's an interesting tank. Playable on city maps and good for stomping lower tiers.

Due to the amount of tanks, its impossible to make everything unique, and thats imo not a problem.

All tanks look different, use different crews and have different patsh to grind them, so i dont see the problem with it.

I rather get 10 other new tank lines, all be a mishmash of existing things, as 2 new ``total unique`` lines

ps: i bet these new russian tanks are 10x more fun as the ``new and unique`` italian trash we will get...