hazzgar

Obj705A - No one really plays this?

47 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, GehakteMolen said:

Due to the amount of tanks, its impossible to make everything unique, and thats imo not a problem.

All tanks look different, use different crews and have different patsh to grind them, so i dont see the problem with it.

I rather get 10 other new tank lines, all be a mishmash of existing things, as 2 new ``total unique`` lines

Thats a fair point, to be fair. I mean, 705A is not really a clone of anything, so I guess its something.

I still want one...but jeez 0.44 base accuracy seems like somewhat aids at tier 10.

On 22.2.2018 at 5:33 PM, leggasiini said:

IMake it bit more a superheavy (armor buff but mobility nerf)? Basically a Russian VK 7201 K.

Atleast it doesn't get penetrated through the gunmantlet by tier 8 tanks :fish:

WOT%202K18_1.png

Not to dispute this statement, it's just an absolutely savage indictment of the state of the game balance at this point.

Seems to me like an E-100 that can never get penned in the turret and +10kph top speed? Bad accuracy on a tank that can face-hug a huge proportion of its competition...seems to be a tank that good players will hate to play, but will be awesome for winning anyways (just like the IS-7).

19 hours ago, OperatorError said:

awesome for winning anyways (just like the IS-7).

*cries in 35% IS-7 WR*

On 2/24/2018 at 0:53 PM, OperatorError said:

WOT%202K18_1.png

seems to be a tank that good players will hate to play, but will be awesome for winning anyways (just like the IS-7).

The IS-7 is awesome excuse me, you ne'er do well 5A padder (jk the 5A is nice too)

On 2/24/2018 at 5:53 AM, OperatorError said:

WOT%202K18_1.png

Not to dispute this statement, it's just an absolutely savage indictment of the state of the game balance at this point.

Seems to me like an E-100 that can never get penned in the turret and +10kph top speed? Bad accuracy on a tank that can face-hug a huge proportion of its competition...seems to be a tank that good players will hate to play, but will be awesome for winning anyways (just like the IS-7).

If you angle, your shoulders become weak...so no perfect use of armor possible (except hull-down, but bad gun dep+rear turret). Not being able to side-scrape like a boss on a rear turret tank defeats its purpose. 

UFP would be OK if it was a brick tank, but shoulders defeat the purpose. Add thin side armor and shit acc+aim time and you can defeat this tank by slinging HEAT(330-340 mm) at it with minimal aiming, not even letting it return fire, with 50-60% chance to pen it.

10 minutes ago, Felicius said:

If you angle, your shoulders become weak...so no perfect use of armor possible (except hull-down, but bad gun dep+rear turret). Not being able to side-scrape like a boss on a rear turret tank defeats its purpose. 

UFP would be OK if it was a brick tank, but shoulders defeat the purpose. Add thin side armor and shit acc+aim time and you can defeat this tank by slinging HEAT(330-340 mm) at it with minimal aiming, not even letting it return fire, with 50-60% chance to pen it.

Personally, from my experience with dealing with the 705As, it's not the armour that gets it into trouble, but rather its inability to defend itself when waiting out its loooooong reload, and also the unreliability of the gun when it does finish loading.

I would almost venture to say that even the IS-4 is more effective in the sidescraping brick role notwithstanding hard stats - because unlike the 705A, it can defend itself and it can deal damage while its enemies try to dig it out. It's not hard to dig out a 705A when it fires once every 15 seconds.

In this respect, the 705 at Tier 9 might actually be the better tank even though its shoulders are shit against 340 pen HEAT, simply because of the gun.

2 minutes ago, lavawing said:

Personally, from my experience with dealing with the 705As, it's not the armour that gets it into trouble, but rather its inability to defend itself when waiting out its loooooong reload, and also the unreliability of the gun when it does finish loading.

I would almost venture to say that even the IS-4 is more effective in the sidescraping brick role notwithstanding hard stats - because unlike the 705A, it can defend itself and it can deal damage while its enemies try to dig it out. It's not hard to dig out a 705A when it fires once every 15 seconds.

In this respect, the 705 at Tier 9 might actually be the better tank even though its shoulders are shit against 340 pen HEAT, simply because of the gun.

True. It just feels weak to play against, like you fight a tier 9 tank (and not a particularly good one). 

IS-4 has more pen+acc so it nails me back by the time i finish aiming the roof.

Still, if they removed (or buffed) the shoulders it would be less like Tiger P of tier X.

for a tank that sidescrapes, its side armor is pathetic, 100+25mm track is shit, esp compared to say SC's 102+25+25(also with a 300mm bulge that blocks off the rear part of the side altogether.

Basically from my experience, if you don't angle at ricochet angle, your side will get penned, every single time.

Also, WG says they want to streamline the grind process so players don't have to suddenly change playstyle, then they introduce ISM, which has awesome side armor(infact, as an ISM you want to angle at 30 degrees as 20 degree angle would give your opponent very easy shot to your "pike") for its tier and great DPM.

Only to have its end tier tank have atrocious side armor and terrible DPM.

wut?

1 hour ago, CarbonWard said:

for a tank that sidescrapes, its side armor is pathetic, 100+25mm track is shit, esp compared to say SC's 102+25+25(also with a 300mm bulge that blocks off the rear part of the side altogether.

Basically from my experience, if you don't angle at ricochet angle, your side will get penned, every single time.

Also, WG says they want to streamline the grind process so players don't have to suddenly change playstyle, then they introduce ISM, which has awesome side armor(infact, as an ISM you want to angle at 30 degrees as 20 degree angle would give your opponent very easy shot to your "pike") for its tier and great DPM.

Only to have its end tier tank have atrocious side armor and terrible DPM.

wut?

You mean like there is no playstyle Change between VK4502a and VK4502b?

Just now, hazzgar said:

You mean like there is no playstyle Change between VK4502a and VK4502b?

well, thats an old line thats not optimized, 705A line is literally an original line made just to reinforce WG's new philosophy 

48 minutes ago, CarbonWard said:

well, thats an old line thats not optimized, 705A line is literally an original line made just to reinforce WG's new philosophy 

WG Claimed they changed it so the tanks are more in line playstyle wise. They just had even less logic back then. 

Also Udes going to STRV-0 and S1 being premium instead of Udes being premium and S1 being t8 regular tank so all tanks in the line have some form of armor

I don't have the tank. But for a while that big ass gun will surprise a lot of people. It was uninteresting for me and didn't even look the characteristics. I thought it had the 490 gun of the IS7. Was surprised to get hit for 700 lol.

4 hours ago, kariverson said:

I don't have the tank. But for a while that big ass gun will surprise a lot of people. It was uninteresting for me and didn't even look the characteristics. I thought it had the 490 gun of the IS7. Was surprised to get hit for 700 lol.

The big ass gun surprises me all the time when enemy 705As fail to pen what would be an easy shot for every other Tier 10 heavy.

On 2/23/2018 at 7:02 PM, GehakteMolen said:

I rather get 10 other new tank lines, all be a mishmash of existing things, as 2 new ``total unique`` lines

ps: i bet these new russian tanks are 10x more fun as the ``new and unique`` italian trash we will get...

705 will get some minor buffs and suddenly everyone will want it so now I will just grind the line in peace and eventually get there. Italian line is good just even the developers didn't thought it out (who would expect that?) that the mechanics will be playable~ish for the better players, but for the masses this tank will be trash.

Regardless the game will change greatly with 1.0 one way or the another, the reworked maps has many spots for hidden bushcamper td's such as strv's and hull down spots for heavy tanks. On the test server the meta was some sort of uber camping where no one could decide the enemy is 50 or 250m away and just shooting like a madman.

With every setting on minimum/ very low it can manageable but for me even the medium values felt I was playing far cry 3 or something like that and that was -  disturbing.

Finished the 705A grind yesterday. ISM is actually pretty good tier for tier however as said above, it suffers horribly from T8 MM (240 aprc pen in a tank that cant flank and has to shoot heavies and superheavies). 705 is worse than ISM but it of course performs better with the terrific tier 9 MM. Did not play 705A and I wont because the 705 grind was quite horrible and I lost my will to live and uninstalled wot. Its quite sad what the differences between the french t9 heavy (the 51 or whatever its called) and the 705 are.  I guess it balances out if you consider what a fcking turd the 65t is...

trying to 2/3 mark this thing, the gun is pure cancer

0.44 accuracy has no purpose on tier 10 tank unless its derp.

any tips for me are welcome :'(:smug:

7 hours ago, KurapikaHxH said:

trying to 2/3 mark this thing, the gun is pure cancer

0.44 accuracy has no purpose on tier 10 tank unless its derp.

any tips for me are welcome :'(:smug:

The tip is not 3 marking annoying tanks with no speed, dpm or gun handling unless the reqs are super low.

Go Mark something like a Tiger II or m103 since at least they have a good gun

• Upper plate is only 300mm effective so heat goes through it.
  • Cant angle it properly because of shoulders on the hull.
  • 100mm side armor to make side scraping really difficult.
  • .44 accuracy, 2.8 sec aim time and 317 heat...

It is almost like WG created this tank to have a fall back tank when people talk about russian bias.

And as an added bonus, this tank has more expected damage value than 430U, 5A and WTE100 despite being a flaming hot turd.

15 hours ago, Katoleras said:
  • Upper plate is only 300mm effective so heat goes through it.
  • Cant angle it properly because of shoulders on the hull.
  • 100mm side armor to make side scraping really difficult.
  • .44 accuracy, 2.8 sec aim time and 317 heat...

It is almost like WG created this tank to have a fall back tank when people talk about russian bias.

And as an added bonus, this tank has more expected damage value than 430U, 5A and WTE100 despite being a flaming hot turd.

you're right but hey atleast it's one of the sexiest tank in game, it has get fucked 650 alpha. also since it's russian, they'll probably buff it and make it OP

expected damage is higher because of the alpha maybe, but it's easier to 2/3 mark it then those tanks.