tajj7

Defender sale on NA - How do you US peeps feel about it?

24 posts in this topic

(apologies if this it the wrong section)

Just wondering really what the feedback on NA about this is, cos on EU we have been told that for our server the Defender is not going to be sold for the foreseeable future (until WG basically power creeps the crap out of the tier 8 meta and thus the Defender becomes just an ok tank). 

So EU seems to get this special treatment (for once) and there seems to be this consensus from WG that EU is the 'whining server' and that EU complains more than the other regions. (yet they rarely listen, so this is rare) 

I also get the impression (correct me if I am wrong) that the NA playerbase is listened to a bit more than the EU playerbase, at least by your local people (not Minsk who seem to listen to no one), so based on that I can only assume the NA playerbase feedback wise is ok with the Defender and thus more of them? 

(same could be asked of any asian server peeps as well)

Wg listen to eu, na and sea pretty much equally...

As to putting it back on sale one suspects the shrinking player bases on na and sea, and hence shrinking revenue have triggered their last ditch 'bleed them dry' approach. 

Them putting the defender back on sale has nothing to do with 'listening to the playerbase' - as if they've ever cared (if you've been paying attention the past 4 years). 

Everything this company does is a short-term cash grab, hence why every problem is 'solved' via the gift shop: an incessant flow of tanks being introduced - to force purchases, whether via credits, gold, or real money, all at the expense of game balance, while never bringing meaningful change to the game.  So yeah, most ppl in NA have walked away from this POS and I don't blame them.  And no, I'm not buying the tank, I don't care how good it is.

2 hours ago, king_spaniel said:

Them putting the defender back on sale has nothing to do with 'listening to the playerbase' - as if they've ever cared (if you've been paying attention the past 4 years). 

Everything this company does is a short-term cash grab, hence why every problem is 'solved' via the gift shop: an incessant flow of tanks being introduced - to force purchases, whether via credits, gold, or real money, all at the expense of game balance, while never bringing meaningful change to the game.  So yeah, most ppl in NA have walked away from this POS and I don't blame them.  And no, I'm not buying the tank, I don't care how good it is.

Whilst I agree with this general sentiment, them refusing to sell it on EU, which is probably their biggest cash cow, contradicts that idea. 

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Whilst I agree with this general sentiment, them refusing to sell it on EU, which is probably their biggest cash cow, contradicts that idea. 

Nah, they actually care about game longevity in EU. 

If you want a land version of arty without an actual derp gun here you go.

When top tier:

Step 1: press rr

Step 2: press lmb

Step 3: .....

Step 4: Profit

When not top tier: 

Step 1: Avoid high tier derp guns

Step 2: press rr

Step 3: hide lower plate and turret roof

Step 4: Press 2 key

Step 5: Still profit because russian bias

From memory EU simply said they have "no plans" ---- "for now" - which tells me it'll be for sale again, they just wanted to gauge player response first. Hype 59 will be next, though arguably that was sold via the Christmas boxes already.

To be honest I don't think anyone is actually that surprised they'd stoop this low,  but many just hoped they wouldn't.

Gamestop have WG cards on sale for 20% discount rn. I'm not sure if you can buy tanks using that

PDFtoJPG.me-5-17.jpg

tbh ive just been farming them all day which is making my dpg in my WZ111111114 sky rocket

but i do feel sorry for those playing tier 8 in somthing that isn't a defender, having to fight 3 tier 10s (which more likely consist of one of the new Russian tier 10's or a type 5) on top of 3-4 defenders with a slash of arty dosen't sound fun.

also rip tier 6-7

I was grinding credits in my bought-after-IS5-trade M4 49, and the Defender population, while high, was uniformly terrible. Like get schooled 1v2 vs a M4 49 terrible.

Speaking of the IS-5, why did they give the Defender better accuracy? I keep hearing people complain about the gun handling, but I’m finding it much better than the IS-5.

WG...

:facepalm:

I'm not buying it as I'm just about as disillusioned with WG as it gets. They tailor the game more and more to the lowest common denominator. The absolute garbage that doesn't give a shit how the game is, they will still play it.

The Defender is obnoxious for high tiers because any shot you throw at it could hit the upper glacis or the turret front and autobounce right off. This is what that armor profile looks like from the reference point of a Jageru's HEAT shell. https://tanks.gg/tank/defender/model?cs=jgpz-e-100&vm=live&cl=000001 The front profile still shows a good deal of red and that triggers me. And the lower plate is still over 200mm effective at least, which is just enough to be utter cancer for tiers 6 and 7. But the thing that's even more ridiculous is that in effect the Defender is what would happen if you asked a 12-year-old which buffs he'd like on his IS-3.

"I want moar alpha, but the same DPM and pen!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

"I want the turret roof weakspot removed!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

"I want better gun depression!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

"I want way better front armor, but with the same mobility!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

1 hour ago, Mikosah said:

"I want moar alpha, but the same DPM and pen!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

"I want the turret roof weakspot removed!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

"I want way better front armor, but with the same mobility!" -and WG says: "Granted!"

The 252 has worse gun handling and accuracy, which means the IS-3 could put shots down range more reliably.

Turret roof weakspot is replaced by the cupolas. It's a larger target overall, but the roof is below it so it could still bounce. The IS-3's roof has the autobounce roof beside the overmatch one, so it's still about the same in terms of weakness compared to IS-3.

Mobility is objectively worse. If you've played both tanks you could tell the IS-3 is slower. Frontal armor is about the same, since IS-3 is ~200mm effective at the front. Just dont shoot the 252's pike and you're fine. If you have 200mm of pen, that is.

Overall the IS-3 is better for people that know how to use it compared to the Obj 252, with the 252 being a weird heavier-armored sidegrade thing, but the 252 can be very very annoying. It's also premium and can be bought so ehhhh

252U has a harder to hit turret weakspot and is slower, the thing is that compared to the IS-3 where you actually need to think about things since your hull can be penned, you can just RRR in your 252U into the enemy team and then think about micropositioning, even in tier 10. 

The 'highlight' of my Defender games was RRRing into a T57 heavy in the middle of the factory in Highway, using one of the bits of hardcover that's normally completely useless in every situation and bouncing a full clip of HEAT. 

The problem IS-3 players have with the 252U is that they play it like an uparmoured IS-3. It is not an IS-3. Its playstyle is more stupid than an IS-3. Turn off your brain and just drive into the enemy, you will do better than if you think. 

On 2/24/2018 at 6:05 AM, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

tbh ive just been farming them all day which is making my dpg in my WZ111111114 sky rocket

but i do feel sorry for those playing tier 8 in somthing that isn't a defender, having to fight 3 tier 10s (which more likely consist of one of the new Russian tier 10's or a type 5) on top of 3-4 defenders with a slash of arty dosen't sound fun.

also rip tier 6-7

Pin-cushioning yoloing Defenders with my Chrysler atm. There is nothing quite so satisfying as rebalancing one retarded P2W tank with another. Other than that, I suppose the Super 12-44 and maybe the 26E5 aren't so bad against the Defender spam, although it will be a fair bit more uncomfortable trying to manfight Defenders in those tanks.

Just as an update someone looked up a poll on the RU forums and the majority there were fine with it, most thinking it was good but not op, whilst at least 25% thought it was bad! 

Shows the different opinions across the servers as EU generally detests it. 

15 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Just as an update someone looked up a poll on the RU forums and the majority there were fine with it, most thinking it was good but not op, whilst at least 25% thought it was bad! 

Shows the different opinions across the servers as EU generally detests it. 

Shows the idiocy of the RU server which out-tops the idiocy of EUtards.