MagicalFlyingFox

Tank Trade In - What to get

19 posts in this topic

I am in no need of my T34 anymore, so I'm looking to trade it in for something.

I currently have (from the store) an S1, WZ-120-1G FT, IS-6 (lol), T-34-3 and the M4A1 Rev.

I'm not sure what to trade in the T34 for. I'm currently looking at the Mutz, Mod 1, 112 even though i already have a WZ-111, and the AMX M4 49. 

Which should I pick? Which would be the better crew trainer, cred maker or all round fun tank to play?  

I'm bad and rusty, but M4A1 is overhype to me. It sits mostly bottom tiers, and it is not good even when top. Any T6s can murder it by yolo and out DPM it. I'm fine for can't do much if bottom. But being top and die like crap, hell no.

timing out so much on these forums with topics, replies and reports :(

M4A1 was really good until WG went 3-5-7 and stupid armour meta. 

I'd suggest the 112 but you have already the WZ-111 so I dont know. Ah being a Mutz player I can say it is decent: you are kinda able to pull your weight even in tier 10 games. But maybe the Mod 1 after the buffs? Depends also on what tanks you have and what crews you would like to train. For example if you need to train CW crews the Mutz would be useless since it is good only for the Leo1 and 50m (although you will not be able to train the 50m's radio operator). If you dont have a 907 the Mod1 would be better.

T54 mod 1 maybe. Nobody ever has enough Russian medium crews. That's what I got in the trade-in. Haven't played it yet, unfortunately. Trying not to spend the credits I'd need for equipment. So many crews though... 4 at tier 10 (eventually), 3 at tier 9, assuming I like the 430 when I finally take it for a spin.

Traded in the 50t for an S 51.  I don't know, I'll probably regret it but FCM had sat for months without being played.  I suck at bush wookie game, but maybe the S-tank will force me to play it better.  I had these swedish girls sitting unusued so it was an easy pick.  Sadly, tier 8 is soo so bad right now that I cannot make myself play tier 8 prems.  They need to open up Grand Battles to all tier 8 games.

20 minutes ago, Zepherex said:

Liberte is decent if you know how to use it

also requires your opponents to not be T9/10s with high gold pen.

1 minute ago, lavawing said:

Or just don't be first to the front. Or if you are, make sure you're hull down. eZpZ

1 minute ago, Zepherex said:

Or just don't be first to the front. Or if you are, make sure you're hull down. eZpZ

The Lowe is better for both of those things though. The Liberte only really shines against same tiers which it can fight semi-aggressively against, much like its higher tier brothers. The Lowe...is the Lowe.

1 minute ago, Zepherex said:

I never said it was better than the Lowe. Was just pitching 1 semi-decent premium still on the tree.

True, and it will be much better if they ever fix MM

5 hours ago, lavawing said:

Well, that means that in at least 15%, maybe 20% of your games you get to play aggressively. Assuming there aren't 3 arty on the red team. Or O Hos. Ok, so like 5% of your games. Still, 5% is better than nothing, right?

6 hours ago, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Is this with the 54prot engine buff? 

Yeah because now it's no longer a gimped heavy. Now it's a med that has the speed to go to med places and the armor to bounce meds. Combine that with previous buffs when the gun became much better (better bloom, aim time), you got 1 extra deg of gun dep, you got extra 20m vr, 20mm extra turret armor and 22 extra shells.

Still I'd pick Lowe over it for the ability to fight t10s

I'll sit on my IS-6 until they buff it. When it turns out like crap I'll probably trade it in for a Lowe or something.

Also I'm thinking of trading in my niBBer Pz 58 for something else, good idea Y/N?