zbran

Is there still hope for the old pref tier 8's yet!?

44 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

any changes to premium ammo

And thats why it won't happen even if WG would love to do it. Tier disparities are atrocious in WoT (you realize this once you play WoWS where tier -2 ships can totally make top tiers regret their life choices) and before you do anything to prem ammo you first need to adress this. Additionally the difference between tank types is just to small (also unlike WoWS where ship types are VERY different to each other). We have so many "heavies" that are more meds than heavies and vice versa. Fastish meds that are more like LTs, TDs that are more like heavies and so on and so forth.

In other words WoT is a MM-balancing nightmare and 3/5/7 is pretty much the proverbial bandaid.

The long term solution to the 3/5/7, tier 8 MM, and code 22 problems is +/-1 MM. Not necessarily destroying +/-2 MM completely, but making it the exception rather than the rule. And perhaps increasing the bonus for lower tiers damaging/killing higher tiers, maybe also putting in some flashy UI element that shows this.

And here's the best part, when version 1.0 goes live with all its fanfare, they'll actually have the population to make +/-1 MM more common if they wanted to do that. And with only a very tiny number of exceptions, all of the tanks currently in game would be much better balanced in the 5/10 format than they would be in 3/5/7. Also code 22 wouldn't be as much of a crutch, so there's that. But coming back to the topic at hand, as of getting pref MM premiums to fit into that format would likely mean balancing them in reference to the typical standards of their respective tiers. At that point, both +/-1 and +/-2 MM would be more functional for them.

Supposing there were a tier 8 version of grand battles, it would mean some portion of the current tier 8 population would be diverted out of the normal random queue on an inconsistent basis. for players that have it checked that is. So there is a measure of improvement for the limited MM premiums in not seeing as many tier 9s, but they still end up with a very small number of grand battle maps and still get little if any opportunities to be top with tiers 6 and 7 below.

Here's a slightly different idea- tier 8 ranked battles. Which would accomplish all of the above but with a larger pool of maps to work with, a more obvious goal to work towards, and the ability to be selected on demand rather than just popping up randomly. And in reference to the current ranked, doing so at tier 8 has the advantages of not needing nearly as much gold spam, being less of a credit sink, and being available to a larger group of players plus a larger number of tanks. (Incidentally WG could hawk more premiums :serb: though that does raise questions of balance)

However in any case, the pref MM tanks are still going to need some work. The good news is that you can make them a lot more comfortable without making them overpowered. Soft stats like terrain resistance and movement dispersion do make a huge difference without breaking the meta.

Yesterday I played my FCM and well.. it became total trash.. so as the IS-6.. I guess I have to wait for the compensation or the "buff"

On 2/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, zbran said:

190mm AP pen and accuracy buff inbound:kappa:

Yeah, I still play the IS6 now and again. The only real difference is you have to spam gold all the time now just to compete, so it makes far less credits...well it makes far less for me. I like the idea of treating the FCM as a med in MM. I like the FCM, but can struggle in it badly at times depending on team make up/map.

Somewhat off-topic, but I've noticed that even if you manage to get a decent game in the IS6 (I pretty much always forget that I have APCR in my loadout... not that it helps me very much against lots of stuff) its credit earning capacity is, well, shit.
A lot of it is due to the base shell cost, which makes missing or dealing 0 dmg rather costly, but also the only games (for me, at least) when you have chances of scoring 3k+ damage are when you're (finally) top tier... and you don't earn a lot of cash from stomping Tier 6 puppies.

That's my feel on it, I may simply not be good enough to be competitive in the IS6 again, considering that I managed to 3 Mark it back in the day and I still remember earning a decent amount of credits.

IMO they should just make the base shell pen ~220, because that's unfortunately the norm for Tier 8 these days.
Sure, I wouldn't mind an armor OR view range buff as well, but...

Le sigh. I still remember a time, when one of the selling points of the FCM was it's high base penetration. Matchmaking-changes, armor-buffs and superheavy-proliferation are just ruining everything that made tanks have a character.

They promised a while ago  that they would not touch pref mm tanks in regards to their mm, Which i think is great. If they change them to normal mm you are going to see a lot of angry people and it will make a difference. 

and as someone above said we bought pref mm for the pref mm not for changing it to a different  mm than we bought it for.

Im calm as long as they give is6 a pen buff im happy. and or nerf defender (in particular) armor.

Dont know how reliable a polish CM is.

• Tanks with preferential MM will most probably receive buffs and their MM changed so they can face Tier X.
  • Wargaming doesn’t want to make these tanks overpowered after the changes, but instead to make them play nicely with the new MM.
  • There is a possibility to compensate players in Gold who own premium tanks with preferential MM, if they don’t like the changes, but this isn’t final yet.

https://thedailybounce.net/2018/03/05/world-of-tanks-qa-with-polish-community-manager/

8 hours ago, Avataren said:

They promised a while ago  that they would not touch pref mm tanks in regards to their mm, Which i think is great. If they change them to normal mm you are going to see a lot of angry people and it will make a difference.

That promise is silly and can't be kept in the light of the recent changes to high tier tanks and the matchmaking in general. Current regular T8s are in an awkward enough position and if you keep these limited-MM tanks as they are, which are limited in MM because they were incapable of dealing with being a low tier before the buffs to T10s and introduction of new vehicles (or powercreep as it may be called), then they become completely unplayable once WarGaming gets around to buff the regular T8s and 7s to deal with the recent changes more... gracefully. These tanks would get T8 MM in a meta where they are, at the best, playing on the level of regular T7s, if not worse.

20 hours ago, Vesirott said:

I've read the same on some russian forum too so I guess it's some core information.

On 2/27/2018 at 12:19 PM, nabucodonsor said:

It's not that bad, pen aside it is pretty strong. They just need to buff the pen. Considering it gets pref MM you could give it 190-200 base ap and 230 apcr. It would not be broken in tier 8-9 games but profitable.

My friends that play WoT on console say that the IS-6 has two gun options on console.  The pref MM gun is the same as the gun on PC WoT.  The regular MM gun is the IS-3's BL-9 gun and with that equipped on the IS-6 it sees tier 10 battles.

Isnt the secondary round lower damage, higher pen on consoles? I vaguely remember something like that. If the PC ammo rework is copied from console then I think the 2 gun IS6 is also not out of the question as a solution...?

3 hours ago, Vesirott said:

Isnt the secondary round lower damage, higher pen on consoles? I vaguely remember something like that. If the PC ammo rework is copied from console then I think the 2 gun IS6 is also not out of the question as a solution...?

I think that ammo system is on WoT Blitz.

So any ideas what on earth are they going to do about the Jagdtiger 88? I remember it got buffed before wargaming went full retard with the defender, AMX M4 mle. 49 and T26E5?

Yeah there are 2 tier 8 tech tree heavy tanks languishing in the corner "cough" Tiger 2 and KV-4 I think the AMX 65 t was made to make them look decent.   

11 hours ago, Bavor said:

My friends that play WoT on console say that the IS-6 has two gun options on console.  The pref MM gun is the same as the gun on PC WoT.  The regular MM gun is the IS-3's BL-9 gun and with that equipped on the IS-6 it sees tier 10 battles.

I have been unable to verify this, although the IS-6 on Blitz can mount the IS-5 gun in exchange for 1 RPM less. I would take the IS-6 without pref MM if they gave it the Defender's gun with IS-6 DPM. That would be dank af.

I've bought 3 x Pref MM tier 8's over the years, IS-6, Super Pershing and Type 59. Of the 3 the Type is the most played by far, it's the only one I find tolerable to run in the current state of the game.

Would be great if they gave the IS-6 some love so I can find a reason to take it out more.