Sign in to follow this  
nabucodonsor

The actual Q&A about the 268v4

13 posts in this topic

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160784995385377&id=494440040376&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FWorldofTanks%2Fcomments%2F81rj8y%2Fwg_qa_obj_268_v4_is_balanced_a_nerf_is_improbable%2F&_rdr

You can watch (i'd recommend you doing so) at 1:02 when the question is asked. They never say it should be buffed but it will not be nerfed for now and that they monitor tanks on daily basis to see how they perform so they know if they are under or over performing (I guess they must not monitor the 34-2 then). So that the reason it is overperfoming is because good players are playing it so they inflate the charts. This is the reason it takes them months to buff or nerf new tanks.....

Then the discussion move towards gold ammo. His opinion is to give it a different mechanic and to remove actual gold price from the ammunition (aka payable only trough credits). The gold removal will be the first step towards the rebalance.

1:24:06 they talk about arty (before there they discuss about other balancing topics like CW reward tanks, premium ect but I did not watch it). I'll let you be the judge on this... and please do so

They make tanks OP at launch to make money, plain and simple... they dont need data, they dont need time to analyze it, they know its OP, they just want people to spend money to rush dont that line, play the OP flavor of the month. Eventually they will nerf it, only to buff another random tank to make that one the OP flavor of the month...

As for gold and the "rebalance".... bullshit, they have been dangling that promise for years, remember sandbox, it was suppose to fix everything, and then we got the super heavy no weak spot meta.

25 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

They make tanks OP at launch to make money, plain and simple... they dont need data, they dont need time to analyze it, they know its OP, they just want people to spend money to rush dont that line, play the OP flavor of the month. Eventually they will nerf it, only to buff another random tank to make that one the OP flavor of the month...

As for gold and the "rebalance".... bullshit, they have been dangling that promise for years, remember sandbox, it was suppose to fix everything, and then we got the super heavy no weak spot meta.

I just reported what they said but I agree. It is all bullshit. 

4 hours ago, Copeyhagen said:

They will never fix gold ammo, but do people actually spend gold on premium ammo?!!

no but they buy premium time/premium tanks to be able to fire more gold ammo... its a soft pay-2-win in which WG can go around saying the game is "free to win" cause you can get the ammo with credits. It has been getting worse and worse with the super heavy meta and removal of weak spot on tanks and with new tanks released with bad standard ammo pen/inaccurate guns. These design choices aren't random, they have been pushed to make more money or just to keep the same amount of money coming in

The 268 V 4 was available to anyone that had a 263 . . . so the 'only good players have it' argument is not really valid.  Right now on VBAddict, the 268 V4 has the highest WR and DPG of any tech tree tank, behind only the 907, VK 7201, and Object 260. 

Is it too soon to have one of those WR curves that compares it +/- to player WR?

Finally all my data collection every 30 days has some use... Here are the last recent values I grabbed for the old Object 263 against the new 30 day values for the 268-4

Data is filtered for players with 10 or more recent games in the tank.

jV0fIPC.png

Please note for all charts that quantity of data is low. While the average WR in the tank for higher WR players in the 263 appears to fall above the average of the 268-4, there are only 5 players in the 263 average against over 50 in the 268-4 average. Number of players between 46 and 55 overall WR are more comparable.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:04 AM, Copeyhagen said:

They will never fix gold ammo, but do people actually spend gold on premium ammo?!!

Yes. I know two guys who literally use gold to pay for premium ammo. They both worked the oil fields, have no family, and pull in about $10k a month after taxes. TLDR they have a lot of disposable income and WOT is their escape from 70-80 hour work weeks

On 04/03/2018 at 7:29 AM, nabucodonsor said:

they discuss about other balancing topics like CW reward tanks, premium ect but I did not watch it).

Time for those M60 buffs my Lads.

23 hours ago, Summers said:

Time for those M60 buffs my Lads.

121B and T95E6 need it more than M60 does... M60 is still usable.

On 3/4/2018 at 2:04 PM, Copeyhagen said:

WG says there are, a small minority but apparently enough to cause problems if they made any drastic changes to it, presumably because people would have ammo stock piled that they had bought for real money. 

Hence the change so you can't buy it with gold, and then after a few months all the 'gold bought' ammo will have gone and they can change it.

As for the 268v4 it was obviously OP on test, they know it's OP, they just want people to grind to it. Exactly the same as the Maus changes, was clearly OP before they released it, they just wanted people grinding the Maus. 

Sign in to follow this