Deus__Ex__Machina

CW tanks are getting some attention (for better or worse)

76 posts in this topic

original source: https://thedailybounce.net/2018/03/12/world-of-tanks-supertest-clan-wars-reward-tanks-changes/

The gameplay on this one will differ even more from the Patton in the tech tree. We plan to make the M60 faster and more suitable for long distance support fire and terrain-based play. To achieve this, we’ll improve its mobility and firepower parameters (stabilization, dispersion, and armour penetration with HEAT rounds)

yDxTiHPl.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Basically a slightly faster M48 (coupled with that 420 base VR ) with even more god like gun handling and accuracy along with a high pen HEAT round, but still (for now) retains the Shitty armor profile and tumor.

This medium tank will undergo lots of changes: it will be transformed into a fast-shooting support vehicle, well suited for short distance combat. Its rate of fire, stabilization, and engine power will all get a boost, but its efficiency at long range will be slightly decreased with lowered accuracy and penetration with standard ammunition. We expect the updated T95E6 to fare well in close combat on any terrain with its good gun depression. High Alpha and DPM will allow it to oppose enemy heavies (with some manoeuvring). Its efficiency will have limitations imposed by relatively low accuracy and penetration with standard rounds, and by weak hull armour combined with large scale. So the T95E6 main role will be providing support for the main strike group at close range.

CpnlMjol.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Ummm....wat? isn't this one of, if not the worst tier 10 CW tank right now? and they pretty much Nerf it? ok WG :minidoge:

The “Failöwe” will gain hit points (upped to 2,850) and firepower. Stabilization, aiming time, and penetration with HEAT rounds will improve. High durability and good protection will let the VK 72.01 survive long, even while facing an overwhelming opposing force. Great Alpha and high armour penetration with Premium rounds will make any thick-skinned opponent extra careful while approaching it. The designated role of the VK 72.01 is holding positions and trading damage with the enemy.

Ge2MSRnl.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

Ok I've personally never played the VK, but from what I've seen its one of the better CW tanks behind the 907 right?...especially with the armor changes. and now it gets more HP, slightly better accuracy and aim time, along with a 350 HEAT round? this trend of super heavy tanks with High armor/HP/and stupid gold rounds is getting out of hand.

The 121B will become an agile and manoeuvrable medium tank with an outstanding spotting range (upped to 420 m) and very low detectability. Its DPM, aiming, and armour penetration with Premium rounds will get better. The gun will allow for enjoyable long range play. Yet the 121B will be weaker than the opponents of the same tier and class at close range because of relatively weak protection. Its main role will be reconnaissance plus support from the 2nd line.

tJe3Qhql.jpg?w=640&ssl=1

whats the point of tier 10 light tanks again? 420 Base VR now with supposedly better camo rating, again with the 350 HEAT round, and better RoF.....not really the buffs that the 121b needed IMO but ok.

Now remember kids, this is super-test and all of these changes are subject to change.

Yeah, I was looking at the 121B changes thinking, "Well, this is worth at least trying out as a CW scout." The extra 20m of view range (which will be 23m+ after bonuses) should offset the Bat's camo advantage (assuming it even has an advantage, as we don't know how much of a boost the 121B is getting), and while it won't have the clip that lets a Bat who screwed up at least sell himself dearly, it should be better at shooting on the move.

Are they testing a gold round pen buff? it looks likes they're testing a gold round pen buff after adding in all of those armored tanks in recent patches.

23 minutes ago, hiipanda said:

Are they testing a gold round pen buff? it looks likes they're testing a gold round pen buff after adding in all of those armored tanks in recent patches.

Buffing gold?

Its needs nerfing (and a lot in some cases)

And when they are done nerfing gold pen, they can nerf some armour / add some weakspots

(or this is already part of gold ammo changes: nerf the fkn dmg with 20% and call it a day)

well im one of the idiots with an e6... that tank is pure gabage and i wish i would have never taken it... the turret is worthles too in this meta

RoF is the only buff the 121B really needs, could do with being a little bit less sluggish but eh. Doesn't really need the VR buff.

VK buff is stupid. Doesn't need it. 

T95E6 is also stupid. Thats objectively a nerf really. On a tank thats already sub par. 

The M60, ehh. I cant really comment tbh. None of these pen buffs make sense though. 

keep in mind the text says engine and stabilization get buffed on the T95E6 which is not shown in the picture

These "buffs" are literally making zero sense.

121b need to be more agile with either higher alpha or more significant dpm and some plus armor;

m60 simply need the a3 turret instead of this joke;

t95e6 umm hello? This one should be a mobile HT, more like an american version of 113 or some sort, its has a great potential but it will remain crap sadly.

I seriously have no clue how they even get these kind of ideas and why..

These are perfectly showing how they are not playing their own game enough, why we always have to wait months and patches to remove an overpowered vehicle (now 268 4) or significant game changes and before that suffer the effect of the "ideas" of devs.

I understand that they need people to shoot more and more gold etc, but still in several cases when this is not relevant wg seem incapable to implement ideas which can actually help the playerbase.

So from those descriptions they basically want the 121b and M60 to play second line, spotting Super Heavies and spamming 350 pen HEAT at them? Yeh I'm sure that will go down well with the all the 'Steves' out there, can see the cries on the forums already.

I'd be tempted to go for a 121b based on those buffs, doesn't it already have around 15% base camo? with 420 view range it makes the WZ-132-1 pretty pointless, same gun with better pen, amazing HEAT, better view range, more DPM, more hit points, better armour etc. WZ trades away A LOT for that mobility and on the move camo.

It should be noted on that pretty much all the tanks listed are getting dispersion buffs, like M60 turret dispersion is going to 0.08 like the M48, 121b is going to 0.10 on turret, VK and T95E6 are getting dispersion buffs on movement/hull as far as I can see. 

M60 changes are fairly meh, it'll be a bit better but the M48 with it's better turret and more DPM is still the better option.

VK is completely over buffed.

T95E6 is nerfed overall there and it doesn't make sense, a tank with that cupola and hull armour should not be brawling at close range. 

They should have added 20mm of penetration to the standard rounds, that would actually be interesting and give those tanks a niche role, especially the 121B and M60 if they had 281mm and 288mm standard APCR pen. 

The t95e6 idea of it being close range is idiotic because it still has that cupola which at close range is easy to hit.

Some of the few reasons I got the M60 was because: A) It existed, B) it is still used in service in my country, and C) I hadn't gotten the M48 yet.

The buffs seem like it'll be a tall Leopard I. I understand they didn't want it to become an M48 clone but then that just means it still won't be as good as the M48.

8 minutes ago, ThomChen114 said:

Some of the few reasons I got the M60 was because: A) It existed, B) it is still used in service in my country, and C) I hadn't gotten the M48 yet.

The buffs seem like it'll be a tall Leopard I. I understand they didn't want it to become an M48 clone but then that just means it still won't be as good as the M48.

They didn't seem that bothered about it being an M48 Clone before. 

I also went for it because it was iconic and getting another Rasha med did not appeal to me, but since the M48 buffs and general tier 10 power creep it has sat in my garage.  Just no point taking it out, not only is it easily one of the worst tier 10 meds but it's so rare it gets extra focus from people. 

Seems like most people also don't take it out, according to WOTnews on the EU sever 10 people have played it over the last month. 

1 hour ago, tajj7 said:

They didn't seem that bothered about it being an M48 Clone before. 

I also went for it because it was iconic and getting another Rasha med did not appeal to me, but since the M48 buffs and general tier 10 power creep it has sat in my garage.  Just no point taking it out, not only is it easily one of the worst tier 10 meds but it's so rare it gets extra focus from people. 

Seems like most people also don't take it out, according to WOTnews on the EU sever 10 people have played it over the last month. 

I may have been those very few people who rolled out in the M60 in Ranked Battles, just to be a hipster about it (is it a rarer sight than the T95E6 tho?)

4 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

I may have been those very few people who rolled out in the M60 in Ranked Battles, just to be a hipster about it (is it a rarer sight than the T95E6 tho?)

The only T95E6 I saw in ranked was mine. Period.

6 hours ago, Errants said:

The only T95E6 I saw in ranked was mine. Period.

That might be an advantage, if people weren't familiar with the weak spots, except the weak spot on the T95E6 is glaringly obvious and exactly where every player who's made it as far as tier 6 would expect it to be. You could show the tank model to 100 random WoT pubbies and 95% of them would be able to identify where to shoot it even if they'd never seen or heard of it before.

16 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

The most played tanks, in order, with the number of games played ( plot )

• Object 907, 332k

Least played tanks:

• T95E6, 344

•  

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanks/comments/842hhs/tanks_played_in_ranked/

17 hours ago, ThomChen114 said:

According to the same site, on the EU server, in randoms the T95E6 was played by 5 people last month. There are 3.7k on the EU server, more than the 121b but less than the M60. 

There are like 28k 907s or something though, and barely 10k M60s, T95E6 and 121bs in total between all 3. 

More changes:

m60

Max speed changed from 48.3 km/h to 50 km/h
Reverse max speed changed from 20 km/h to 23 km/h
Changed penetration of the HEAT-T T384E4 premium round from 330 mm to 350 mm
Changed aim time from 1.73 s to 1.53 s
Changed dispersion from 0.336 m to 0.316 m
Changed turret movement bloom from 0.096 to 0.077
Changed max. turret movement bloom from 4.03 to 3.22
Changed bloom at max speed from 4.63 to 4.79

t95e6

Changed DPM from 2744.4 to 3128.6
Changed reload speed from 8.745 s to 7.671 s
Changed RPM from 6.864 to 7.821
Changed health from 2000 to 1900
Changed the penetration of the AP-T M358 round from 258 mm to 248 mm
Changed dispersion from 0.364 m to 0.403 m
Changed movement and turn bloom from 0.153 to 0.115
Changed bloom at max speed from 8.64 na 6.48
Changed max. turret movement bloom from 7.06 to 5.29

vk 72.01

Changed penetration of the Gr 39 H3A G premium round from 334 mm to 350 mm
Changed health from 2500 to 2850 HP
Changed aim time from 2.78 to 2.59 s
Changed dispersion from 0.384 m to 0.364 m
Changed movement and turn bloom from 0.201 to 0.173
Changed bloom at max speed from 6.65 to 5.7
Changed max. turret movement bloom from 4.83 to 4.14

121b

Changed DPM from 2392.4 to 2 711.4
Changed reload speed from 9.781 s to 8.63 s
Changed RPM from 6.134 to 6.951
Changed view range from 400 m to 420 m
Changed penetration of the HEAT M456 premium round from 330 mm to 350 mm
Changed turret movement bloom from 0.115 to 0.096
Changed max. turret movement bloom from 4.83 to 4.03.

I love how WG wanted everyone to brawl so they introduced super armor and they are doubling down on it by making so many new tanks with 0.4 acc.