Deus__Ex__Machina

CW tanks are getting some attention (for better or worse)

76 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, nabucodonsor said:

I did not check but the e6 looks like a better E5. So a fast tank with good staying power optimal to take frontline positions. The M60 looks good but it does not have the armour advantage.

If I had a choice I'd go for the VK, which has the E100 guns on a very strong platform, aka the best superheavy gun on platform only second to the Maus in terms of armour and faster than a Type 5 ( I know the 268v4 has better armour than whithout having a turret but fuck the 268v4 and Murazor should eat a dick together with his morning crayons and cocaine)

I agree m60 does not have armor so it's not strong but it's a good example of what a soft med should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, hazzgar said:

I agree m60 does not have armor so it's not strong but it's a good example of what a soft med should be.

I checked the E6 and probably I'll not get any tank. I'll use the bonds for equipment. Eother 907 or Vk or nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DHP @Katoleras

i dont see how thats a bad thing?

id much rather have a weak lower plate and epic side armor on the VK than trash side armor and a strong lower plate.

at least with those changes the VK can now side scrape properly without having the bulge or mantle penned so easily, like its supposed to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoa oh no... The side was already strong enough, I did the progetto bounce missions with it side scraping bouncing grilles and E4s all day. But breaking the LFP will make the tank too different than it was. Might even break it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

@DHP @Katoleras

i dont see how thats a bad thing?

id much rather have a weak lower plate and epic side armor on the VK than trash side armor and a strong lower plate.

at least with those changes the VK can now side scrape properly without having the bulge or mantle penned so easily, like its supposed to.

Failowe is fast, beefy and armored enough to lead pushes at the moment. I can bully pretty much anybody including tier 10s because if you angle the tank a little bit during the push, it bounces most shells unless I am being spammed tier 10 heat. (Everything except that little weakspot on the side is minimum 290mm+ effective when angled correctly.)

Side weakspot is actually a blessing on disguise as well, if you do left/right combo they will bounce %50 of the shells by accidentally hitting the side armor instead.

If they make the lfp 190mm effective, I cant even bully tier 8 tanks without taking damage let alone doing those pushes. 

Lets be honest, how many maps will effectively let us use that improved side scraping ability? Definitely not enough to make up for what we are losing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Katoleras said:

Failowe is fast, beefy and armored enough to lead pushes at the moment. I can bully pretty much anybody including tier 10s because if you angle the tank a little bit during the push, it bounces most shells unless I am being spammed tier 10 heat. (Everything except that little weakspot on the side is minimum 290mm+ effective when angled correctly.)

Side weakspot is actually a blessing on disguise as well, if you do left/right combo they will bounce %50 of the shells by accidentally hitting the side armor instead.

If they make the lfp 190mm effective, I cant even bully tier 8 tanks without taking damage let alone doing those pushes. 

Lets be honest, how many maps will effectively let us use that improved side scraping ability? Definitely not enough to make up for what we are losing. 

apparently the lower plate nerf was pulled due to complaints

so the VK gets to keep the OP lower plate, AND get the side armor buffs. which is kinda broken

ofc this will all be confirmed or denied when the patch hits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

apparently the lower plate nerf was pulled due to complaints

so the VK gets to keep the OP lower plate, AND get the side armor buffs. which is kinda broken

ofc this will all be confirmed or denied when the patch hits.

LOL WG at it's finest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The patchlog on the EU portal states:

Quote

 

Germany

                      * VK 72.01 (K)

                       * Improved turret and hull side armor.

                       * Changed penetration of the Gr 39 H3A G shell for the 15 cm Kw.K. L/38 from 334 mm to 350 mm

 

So seems like only buffs, no nerf to the lower plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

apparently the lower plate nerf was pulled due to complaints

so the VK gets to keep the OP lower plate, AND get the side armor buffs. which is kinda broken

ofc this will all be confirmed or denied when the patch hits.

Honestly the tank was strong as it is and it took actual talent to play it, not sure why they felt the need to change anything. This is WG though, so nothing ever makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now it's super sides + super LFP + super turret + gun buffs? Logic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hazzgar said:

So now it's super sides + super LFP + super turret + gun buffs? Logic

still have not got any confirmation on how much the side armor was buffed,

ive gotten proof that the LFP was untouched, but people are saying the sides weren't buffed as much as Tanks.gg showed, and were only buffed a bit

also that the bulge under the turret wasn't changed, which kinda sucks.

but once again no confirmation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

still have not got any confirmation on how much the side armor was buffed,

ive gotten proof that the LFP was untouched, but people are saying the sides weren't buffed as much as Tanks.gg showed, and were only buffed a bit

also that the bulge under the turret wasn't changed, which kinda sucks.

but once again no confirmation. 

Even a small buff too sides + gun buff + small turret buff is big for a tank that was already decent. This thing will roll over low tiers obj268v4 style. I'd say even more since turret makes it harder to flank. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy's i stopped looking at tanks GG for this tank. I checked ingame directly in training room and they completely scraped any armor changes. Shoulder is still trash, mantlet around gun is still trash (even head on). LFP and mid plate is the exact same. 

@Katoleras 

 

Edit: Picture 

DyPrfBd.jpg

 

tyTQwMQ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hall0 said:

Well to be fair. In the final patch notes there weren't any armor changes at all. The only thing what they did change is the gold pen. 

 

???

KCmk5E8.png
From the last very last patch note (yesterday)

 

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/update101-is-here/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M60 is fun and interesting, as someone else said to me you can't actually get that level of gun handling and mobility in the same package.

It's still not a meta tank, Abbey or Ensk or whatever against v4s, Type 5s and 430Us you are at a huge disadvantage but it's fun to play even if it isn't super competitive and that extra HEAT pen comes in handy against the over buffed stuff on tier 10.

I've put my improved equipment on mine (just need some more bonds to get the improved v-stab for fully pimped) and the aim time is 1.39s with some of the best dispersion values in the game and 0.29 accuracy, it's a super comfy tank to play.

Plus it's hilariously fast, it accelerates almost as well as a Bat Chat, I noticed on glacier that I got to the same spot as a Bat Chat about 1-2s behind him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to play my new tanks but got into 2 battles with 121b and 2 with m60, both games crashed and didn't load into battle after restart so fuck this game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hall0 said:

Hows the M60 turret? Is it paper or can you do some hull down stuff? 

the armor on the M60 is irrelevant and you cant rely on it like in the M48

you will almost never bounce considering they can just shoot the giant cupola, or even the mantle directly to the left or right of the gun. also several parts of the turret front on the out side on the mantle drop to 220-230 effective.

that being said i played the M60 and the 121b on diff accounts today. and personally the 121b is better than before but not my cup of tea, that gun depression is a pain and the armor really doesn't hold up that well unless fighting tier 8's

the M60 on the other hand is near god tier in terms of a pub stomping tank, that mobility is insane coupled with the amazing gun handling and fuck you HEAT pen. also 420 VR memes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2018 at 12:40 PM, hall0 said:

Hows the M60 turret? Is it paper or can you do some hull down stuff? 

Nope, just about HE proof, wouldn't expect it to do much more than that, you might get the odd autobounce but the E50M turret is probably far more bouncy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the occasional troll bounce off of my gun mantlet, but otherwise the M60 armor is only worth a 50/50 vs tier 8s shooting AP.  On the other hand, driving past RU meds and making autoaim snapshots while driving full speed = priceless.  Also, 350 HEAT suddenly makes a certain OP russian TD a lot less OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I get the occasional troll bounce off of my gun mantlet, but otherwise the M60 armor is only worth a 50/50 vs tier 8s shooting AP.  On the other hand, driving past RU meds and making autoaim snapshots while driving full speed = priceless.  Also, 350 HEAT suddenly makes a certain OP russian TD a lot less OP.

Punishing an over confident v4 player with 350 HEAT pen snap shots is not going to get old, especially when said player then bitches in a PM after the game! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.