ZXrage

Italian Tier 10: Progetto M40 mod 65

26 posts in this topic

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/03/14/wot-supertest-progetto-m40-mod-65/
New tank on supertest, along with the tier 8 and 9.
eeW5yGv.jpg

Tier: MT-10, Italy, standard
HP: 1900
Engine power: 830 HP
Weight: 40 t
Max. weight: 42 t
Power-to-weight: 20.75 HP / t
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 65 / -23 km / h
Turn speed: 54 °/s
Turret turn speed: 34.4 °/s
Ground resistance: 0.767 / 0.863 / 1.726
View range: 400 m
Signal range: 750 m

Hull armor: 70 / 35 / 25
Turret armor: 120 / 80 / 80

Gun: 105 mm MT10 Prototype

Damage: 350 / 350 / 420
Penetration: 268 / 330 / 53
RPM: 13.839
Avg. real DPM: 1 095
Reload speed: 8.342 s
Full reload speed: 8 / 10 / 12 s
Shell reload speed: 3.0 s
Clip size: 4
Accuracy: 0.345
Aim time: 2.21 s
Gun depression/elevation: -9 / +20

tank looks kinda sexy to me 

better view plox:

Progetto_M40_mod_65_1.jpg

hover boat tank.

in regards to the stats, everything looks average or decent about it to me (also 350 avg dmg on a tier 10 105mm lol)

the only thing i don't like about these new spaghetti tonks is the new mechanic itself, to me it seems like WG rushed the shit out of these new tanks (and more importantly the mechanic) for the sake of releasing them alongside 1.0.

i don't think they are quite ready, people claim the new mechanic brings "flexibility" to the tanks, but at what cost? the DPM is horrid no matter how u play the vehicles, and the intra-clip times are as worse then the Swedish heavy's., also the fact that the dpm only gets worse when you either dump the full clip or fire while reloading, all of which can drop the DPM to around 1000.

Also the fact that these tanks weren't even put into the 1.0 test server makes no sense at all, hence my claims that they rushed them. we haven't even gotten a chance to so much as test them before they go live, like what is WG even doing with this tech tree?

30 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Also the fact that these tanks weren't even put into the 1.0 test server makes no sense at all, hence my claims that they rushed them. we haven't even gotten a chance to so much as test them before they go live, like what is WG even doing with this tech tree?

I think you misunderstod something. They are being super-tested, they will come in the patch after 1.0 

1 hour ago, TAdoo87 said:

I think you misunderstod something. They are being super-tested, they will come in the patch after 1.0 

several ppl in discord claimed they were coming in 1.0, so i went off of that lol. guess we were all misinformed 

It's pretty, and the shape and angle of the hull makes it look like it could have some formidable frontal/sidescraping armor if the thickness is reasonable. Too bad none of that matters in a Type 5 meta, unless the gun is godlike.

3 minutes ago, Darvek said:

It's pretty, and the shape and angle of the hull makes it look like it could have some formidable frontal/sidescraping armor if the thickness is reasonable. Too bad none of that matters in a Type 5 meta, unless the gun is godlike.

35mm sides so rip

Does anyone believe this tank is anywhere near close to balanced? On paper it seems like a god damn tier 8 tank. 

My interest in Italian cuisine is diminishing rapidly. With 350 damage and 3 second between shots it might almost not be an autoloader at all. TVP is in the corner, laughing.

31 minutes ago, Kymrel said:

My interest in Italian cuisine is diminishing rapidly. With 350 damage and 3 second between shots it might almost not be an autoloader at all. TVP is in the corner, laughing.

Yes, TVP makes this obsolete. You fire 1-2 and you're relocating? Simply reload again, it's just 22secs and you have rapid firing 4x320.

It looks like you can play it either as a shitty single shot or a shitty autoloader, with none of the benefits of either but all of the disadvantages.

This mechanic sounded  overpowered and needed a malum to keep it from being another super conq or 268 v4. So what do you do to make this mechanic work without being overpowered? Reduce the interclip reload from 3 secs to 2 or 2.5? Reduce the reload for the first round from 8 sec to 7 or 7.5 but bump up the reload time for last 3 to keep the complete reload around 30 secs? 

Damage should be 390, 350 just seems pointless to me. 

Intra-clip should be 2s.

Single shot DPM should be more like 1.8 - 2k, not 1k. Even the E50M is 2.5k base and is over 2.8k with a rammer which this I presume will not be able to have. 

30s reload, with 390 alpha and 2s intra-clip I think then would be fine.  That is still way longer than a TVP or even longer than a T57 or 50B. 

Rest of that tank looks solid, good speed, good power to weight, decent ground resistances, good gun depression and some slopes there to get some bounces, especially on reverse ridges. 

Pen, accuracy and aim time are also all solid, depends on the soft stats. 

I am not 100% sure but didn`t one of the WG EU staff confirmed that Italian tanks can mount rammer? 

Yeah, I heard they could mount rammer, too.. from some streamer or other. Or maybe it was in the recent dev Q&A.

If that is true it still only boosts that single shot DPM to like 1200 though, too far behind other tanks. 

At the moment it looks like this tank is going to have the drawbacks of an autoloader and single shot tanks. 

Well if I understand it correctly the shown <avg. real DPM> is only true if you use ONLY the autoloader. But I could be wrong.

The value below: <reload speed> is probably for single-shot only. So if we assume that those are base values we have a single shot rpm of about 7,2 or in means of raw DPM roughly 2517 damage per minute.

That would place this tank slightly above the E 50 M in terms of raw DPM. 

Update stats of the T8, 9 and 10 

Progetto M40 Mod. 65 (Tier X)
Hitpoints - 1900;
Hull armor - 50/40/25;
Turret armor - 120/40/30;
Turret traverse - 33 deg/s;
Hull traverse - 54 deg/s;
View range - 400;
Top speed - 65/23 km/h;
Power-to-weight ratio - 18,75;
Shells in autoreloader - 4;
Penetration - 268/330/105;
Damage per shot - 350/350/420;
Intraclip time - 3s;
Reload time for each shell - 20/18/14/11s;
Accuracy - 0.36;
Aim time - 2.3s;

Prototipo Standard B (Tier IX)
Hit points - 1700;
Hull armor - 50/25/15;
Turret armor - 60/55/55;
Turret traverse - 30 deg/s;
View range - 390m;
Top speed - 65/23 km/h;
Power-to-weight ratio - 21.75;
Shells in autoreloader - 3;
Penetration - 268/330/105;
Intraclip time - 3.5s;
Reload time for each shell - 16/14/12;
Accuracy - 0.38;
Aim time - 2.5s;

P.44 Pantera (Tier VIII)
Hitpoints - 1400;
Hull armor - 80/50/50;
Turret armor - 120/60/60;
Turret traverse - 30 deg/s;
View range - 380m;
Top speed - 60/20;
Power-to-weight ratio - 22,2;
Shells in autoreloader - 3;
Penetration - 212/259/45;
Intraclip time - 2.5s;
Reload time for each shell - 12/10/8;
Accuracy - 0.37;
Aim time - 2.3s;

https://www.tracks-up.com/home/world-of-tanks-supertest-updated-italian-top-tier-medium-tank-models

Tier 10 :

Intraclip time - 3s;
Reload time for each shell - 20/18/14/11s;

So we can either have an 11s, 350 alpha gun or a 1400clip with 72sec reload (20+3+18+3+14+3+11) ??? 

Am I counting this right ? 1900single shot DPM or an 1166 autoloader ?? 

The tier 10 has a 350 alpha, 20+18+14+11=63 second clip reload? And 3 seconds between shots? 1,900 DPM with single-shot option? Yeah, no thanks. 

The tier 8 might be a semi-interesting tank but I'm not sure I'll touch the Italian line if these will be the final stats.

No armour and that DPM burns my eyes. Minimum 3200 single-shot DPM and 2500 autoloader needed to be tolerable with that turret face armour and the even worse TURRET SLOWER THAN HULL WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

EDIT: Downvoters these days have no idea of how haggling works it seems. Unreasonable initial demands have been standard since the first barter of how many of your goats for how many of my sheep...

Bat Chat has a DPM of 2.3k, TVP has 2.7k.

Bat Chat has 1950 clip potential in 10.92s, with 39s reload. 

TVP has 1280 clip potential in 4.5s, with 24s reload. 

This thing has 1.1k DPM as an autloader, 1.9k DPM as a single shot and then 1400 damage potential in 9s, with a 63s reload. 

It's truly awful. 

Accuracy and aim times are also looking pretty poor as well. Especially on the tier 9.

Surely single-shot DPM should be somewhere below the E50M and slightly higher than the Bat Chat? at like 2.45k? 

Then intra-clip should be at least 2.5s and reload should probably be close to a Bat Chat, at maybe like 36-37s. 

To get that you would need like a 9s base reload for the single shot. 

So it's another line like the Swedish heavies where WG is so afraid of releasing OP tanks from a small nation they will release trash

I also would have started the balancing iteration with the combination of BC and 50M stats. I don't understand why are they investing time and money in a new line, and then they make sure they won't get "any" revenue out of it. 

So, to summarize - its Italian, it looks great but does not work for shit in practice.  It seems to me like WG pretty much nailed it perfectly.

:disco:

20 hours ago, TAdoo87 said:

I also would have started the balancing iteration with the combination of BC and 50M stats. I don't understand why are they investing time and money in a new line, and then they make sure they won't get "any" revenue out of it. 

They did the same mistake with ELC EVEN 90. They seem to be pathologically afraid of autoloaders and lightly armored tanks. Wonder what the RU server thinks of the Even.