LeoAegisMaximus

Armored Loot Box Warfare

25 posts in this topic

Hey you know how world of tanks has issues, well I've got one to one up that shit. Say Hello to loot boxes in Armored Warfare. Yes you heard that shit. These assholes are sick of selling re-skins so they are now selling loot boxes. 

"Okay I've seen stupid but this is advanced stupid, I think alcohol won't solve this, god war gaming looks like saints compared to this shit going down why have competition if all they do is shoot themselves in the foot. I can't even think what the marketing department was smoking or drinking maybe they are playing 4th dimensional Chess." 

Oh you know the campaign exclusive Abrams AGDS yeah they couldn't resist money grubbing it, You know the Armata with the 152mm gun selling as a premium, LOL chinese server exclusive Type 99A2-140, being sold and the Object 640 black eagle. 

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?174450-Legendary-Reinforcements

https://aw.my.com/en/forum/showthread.php?176193-Legendary-Reinforcement-of-the-Day-Type-99A2-140

And then they heavily discounted the boxes which pissed off the suckers who brought early

2oJjWnC.jpg

And then they fucked up what dropped from the Boxes

fsBHUDl.jpg

They Fucked up so much that they had to close down their gambling operation and offer compensation to fix this shit and call off the day sales for the whole week.

RS5XYyu.jpg 

Their first problem was hiring fucking silentstalker as a community manager.

Their second problem was trying to make a game that was only a ripoff of WoT, then firing their fucking dev company for trying to actually make it different and unique. 

1 hour ago, Assassin7 said:

Their first problem was hiring fucking silentstalker as a community manager.

The best people to hire from your enemies are the ones that hate them the most, forget about skills your hated of the competition makes you an instant yes man in their eyes. 

52 minutes ago, LeoAegisMaximus said:

The best people to hire from your enemies are the ones that hate them the most, forget about skills your hated of the competition makes you an instant yes man in their eyes. 

I dont think SS hated WoT or WG. he hated all the purple players for being good.

@Assassin7 Having a good WOT clone would be great. At least you would have some competition and we could either leave Wot or force WG to get their shit togheter. But probably Wot is now broken beyond repair so a Wot clone done by a good company would just be better.

I still dont understand why no non-russian companies have tried to venture this market considering how many LOL clones there are; it seems wierd no one has tried.

I dunno, I still enjoy Armored Warfare's PvE. I wish there was another game that featured Modern Vehicles( War thunder doesn't count because you have to grind for 27 years to get them)

10 hours ago, nabucodonsor said:

I still dont understand why no non-russian companies have tried to venture this market considering how many LOL clones there are; it seems wierd no one has tried.

I would guess because the game just isn't that popular outside of Russia, and it's probably going to be more difficult for western publishers to penetrate the Russian market.

1 hour ago, Kolni said:

If WoT just followed Blizzard's steps and made a vanilla-type remake I'd come back to the game in an instant

You quit?

2 hours ago, Kolni said:

If WoT just followed Blizzard's steps and made a vanilla-type remake I'd come back to the game in an instant

Old physics (where tanks couldn't roll down the hill on mines for example) with tier 5 kv2 and completely broken kv sport? Count me in!

I still have my AW account running, just in case it doesn't suck some day.  PVP is/was 98% dead.  PVE is ok I guess, but would be terribly boring after 3 games on the same mission.

I log on and play maybe 2 games a month when they give away free boxes.  I think I have over 60 Days of Premium time waiting to be redeemed.

On 3/28/2018 at 6:39 AM, nabucodonsor said:

@Assassin7 Having a good WOT clone would be great. At least you would have some competition and we could either leave Wot or force WG to get their shit togheter. But probably Wot is now broken beyond repair so a Wot clone done by a good company would just be better.

The reason western companies haven't really tried this (specifically North American, since you cited LoL/Dota 2/HotS/whatever nonsense exists nowadays) is because the market really isn't that big for tank arcade shooters. Part of the reason europe/russia have more games like this (even stuff like some LEGO-esque models from Italerie (or whatever they're called, my friend got a pretty good looking Elefant model from them)) is because tanks are a much larger part of their history. Tanks, from a civilian/outside standpoint, serve as an icon of a nation's possession of land. Considering that europe/russia are connected via land, people will associate with them better, especially since their nation had to combat the Blitzkrieg (still from a civilian standpoint, since you are marketing a game like this to just average joes who know just enough about their country to identify a T-34/Tiger 1/M4).

The US, by contrast, hasn't really fought any wars directly on home turf. One of the big reasons WoWs saw US ships in the game before German ships was because Japan and the US were the two most famous naval forces during WW2 (and thus the US sees its fair share of Pearl Harbor memorials and other naval honors, like that stupid U.S.S. Indianapolis movie with Nick Cage (that was absolute ass) which came out a year or two ago). It simply is just not on a North American game publisher/developers radar to make a game centralized around something you can't see as easily (since US tanks had to cross the pond to fight, instead of directly fighting on home soil (like the Germans, French and Russians)).

Long story short, the U.S. hasn't been as impacted by the tank as the european nations (and Russia) have. The history of the tank really flared during WW2, where the famous Battle of Kursk took place, in Russia. Where did the Blitzkrieg become most well known? From France. What is one of the the most iconic tanks? The Tiger 1 (like seriously, this thing is everywhere, even in the US, people know what this thing is), which was developed by Germany. The tank's symbol as a show of land force simply doesn't matter to the US, where we (since I am American) have to ship everything across the pond(s) (thus placing a greater spotlight on naval power).

On 2018-03-28 at 12:39 PM, nabucodonsor said:

Just a correction: LoL is a clone, it was just the one that got the biggest. 

"Real" MOBA started with DoTA, which is a mod from Warcraft 3, and the battle arena concept started with Starcraft, but with RTS gameplay.

LoL, Smite, Heroes of the Storm, Heroes of Newerth and all the others are clones off of a F2P Warcraft mod.

Also tanks are a niche market, on some level a little bit of history/tank interest has to exist to stick with the game in the first place which is something most games don't need to. Other games invent their own lore, which has all the benefits over actual history when it comes to game design. I think it's fair that WoT made it big, but it's a small market that's fairly monopolised so WG can do whatever they want and it'd still stay afloat. Other games can't BS their way towards something because they have competition. CoD can't re-skin a game over and over with a new story and call it a new game for long until people start looking for other things. 

WG could probably have left the game without updates in 2015 and the game would still be running

11 hours ago, BlitzReaper said:

Who is silenstalker?

The author of the old Wot-focused blog "for the record", who, correct me if I'm wrong, after a long career of "people besting me must be cheating" posting, got recruited by aw, that well-known WoT killer.

They Cancelled the thing after reinstating it for a day because it was such a fucking shitshow :serb:

They claimed you could win a Type99A2-140 (Tier 10 Premium) but nobody reported getting one. (One dude bought like 1250 boxes, no T10), another dude 500 boxes

Too many bugs to list. If you got a specific tank again it fucked up your account, no compensation for duplicates received, and you mostly got boosters (insignia)

4 hours ago, Tman450 said:

They Cancelled the thing after reinstating it for a day because it was such a fucking shitshow :serb:

i think thats a good record to have, 2 fuck ups and 1 restart in 3 days.... impressive, most impressive

8 hours ago, Sidus_Preclarum said:

The author of the old Wot-focused blog "for the record", who, correct me if I'm wrong, after a long career of "people besting me must be cheating" posting, got recruited by aw, that well-known WoT killer.

also homophobic and anti-immigrant (in the worse kind). There was a comment of his on some Discord a while back where he wanted to deport gays/immigrants.

On 2.4.2018 at 4:55 AM, Crossfader said:

also homophobic and anti-immigrant (in the worse kind). There was a comment of his on some Discord a while back where he wanted to deport gays/immigrants.

are you sure you're talking about SS and not seb from TAP?

7 hours ago, breeeze said:

are you sure you're talking about SS and not seb from TAP?

oh... did not know there was 2 of them

It's sad the game ended up dying tho... I will miss the fun I had, the people I met - the always grumpy romanian/hungarian/german, the wine loving southern african living in britain, the trio of germans - one crazier than the other, bullying @breeeze and many more, the scorpion sealclubbing, low tier arty toons, farming baddies in the RDF and later the Cent 120 WOLF, 34.000 spotting damage in Chally 2 in PVP, the way we used RELIC's own TS and forum to plan out our "betrayal"... - even though we may not have parted on the best of terms, in the end [SRY] will always remain my one and only clan and AW will always remain the only game I really cared about - due to the people who I played it with.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:17 PM, Crossfader said:

oh... did not know there was 2 of them

SilentShitter is a badzor and an asshole, but I don't think he'd do something like that even if he was a homophobe/racist. His whole blog (well, whole is a bit overblown, but it certainly was considerable part of it) was built upon being seen as the gud boi fighting the evil uniscums. I don't think he'd allow for himself to be seen as the bad guy - especially not if it could seriously damage his position in MyCom, which a statement like that definitely would.