Sign in to follow this  
zbran

Have WG done something to the scale in 1.0?

5 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, sorry in advance if it's not. I've not played a huge amount since 1.0 dropped, but I've noticed that the maps feel much bigger now, it's almost like the scale has changed or something. I'm playing at 4k so just wondering have people noticed this at lower resolutions? Could this effect be down to the new game engine being able to generate "real 4k" compared to the old engine, so it's only now I'm seeing the game in proper 4K? I'd have to assume that 4k on the old engine was just a lower resolution scaled up for 4k if this is the case. What is it like at lower res's?

I have to say I really like the new look, as I said the maps feel much much bigger now even though they're not. The field of view appears to be way better too, I can see a lot more in front of me, and it's running butter smooth on my rig.

its because all the maps have all the background now past the actual map border. so instead of it just fizzling out into fog and nothingness, theres actually terrain and mountains and detailing past the map border, which makes the maps feel way bigger. 

The added textures to rocks and crap make it feel like the map is an actual place which helps as well.

They might have also unified the scale across the maps because there were instances where the building and  environment sizes were different between some maps. 

Sign in to follow this