Sign in to follow this  
mistervanni

Tanks for SH tier VI VIII

9 posts in this topic

I recently joined a clan that's very active in strongholds and battles, with the future aim of playing CW.

I would like my more experienced tonkers to suggest some tanks that with the new meta are shining in organized play.
We have some lists but seeing the results as of late, they are pretty outdated.

I own most of the russians/french/chinese used even up to tX and im willing to grind whats left out, so speak away :D

ill put down a starting list as reference and for easier argumentation:

T6- Type 64, Cromwell/Cromwell B, 59-16, T37, T34-85M (and brothers?), Hellcat, KV2/OI

T8- Skorpion G,strv S1, Defender/252U, Grand Finals Bulldog, AMX 50 100 (lorr somua?), IS3, Patriot, Lowe, FV and Caern? t54 mod/T44?

T6 is mainly based on mediums which are the core of the meta:

Meds: Cromwell, Bromwell t34 85 (m) 

Lts: 59 16 > Type 64 (because it outspots it and has better pw/w). The rest LTs are trash

Heavies: terrible unless you want to camp bar the M6. So M6, OI/KV2 and T150 (stronk turret)

Arta to break campers on Lakeville/Mountain Pass ect: M44 

T8 dont bring mediums if you want to be truly competitive:

Heavies: Defenda, ISuka3, Carovan>t32, Patriot if you need a fast t32 with a gun that works. German Lion only to hold the line or sidescape until the end of time (but it is too slow generally and lack of dpm means it needs support)

Mediums: Patriot, T44/-100, Lorrain (this one is competitive) Type 59, TVP VTU to counter Defender Kappa

LTs: HWK> WZ 132 (132 overmatches strv and has better dpm) ELC even to passive scout.

TDs: Skorpion Gay> WZ-120 (turrets and mobility vs armour), Aides/IKEA STD to camp bush

1 hour ago, mistervanni said:

ty/grazie nabucodonosor

a question, would you play optics on the meds or just lights spotting?

Well if you are talking about tier 6 meds then yes because aside from the E8 they cant mount VStab but generally you just need a spotter to prevent the enemy from fast capping. An example of a  setup would be all Cromwells plus a LT or, if you prefer t34-85Ms then go with two scouts. Try to play with similar tanks at the begging because strategies will be easier to do. Btw tier 6 SH are all about focus fire and gunning down the isolated target.

So mount optics because you can't mount anything better and like this you won't get totally destroyed if you lose your scout early on.

If you are talking abut tier 8 meds I'd suggest you not using them because they are too much jack of trades and can't do anything well, but if you use them yes for the same reasons as above as emergency scouts. Just don't use them unless you are confident in your team because they bring nothing to the table (terrible dpm, meh camo and mobility, not enough HP)

A team setup example would be 2 scouts 1 td, rest heavies, with maybe one Lorraine instead of a heavy.

For CW team setups change because you know on what map you will play so you need to have tanks specific for the map so I cant really answer on that one.

On 4/2/2018 at 8:59 AM, Strigonx said:

Tier 6: nonshit premiums

Tier 8: Whatever premiums you have.

hm but I think making a non-meta T8 premium setup work requires quite good teamplay and calling, especially when some clans think they must tryhard in SH and run full APCR IS-3 lineups and other shenanigans

5 hours ago, nemlengyel said:

hm but I think making a non-meta T8 premium setup work requires quite good teamplay and calling, especially when some clans think they must tryhard in SH and run full APCR IS-3 lineups and other shenanigans

I played with NICO in a IS-6BLM with 50% crew and no equipment just for the memes and we still cuntpunched shit clans

Tier 8 is mostly defenders or patriots or whatever for the credits. Normally one elc90 as the spotter, maybe one t44-100 for resets etc. That's more or less what we would run for sh or CW when taking them seriously. The is3 of course is a fine alternative to the defender. Wel also use a number of vkb100s depending on the map, although the t34 is actually a great counter to the vkb, goes through them like butter.