BlitzReaper

How do I play t8 prems without fucking up my wn8?

19 posts in this topic

I often find myself trying to grind credits with my t8 prems, especially the non pref ones but sometimes also pref. This is the scenario I most encounter, while playing my Lowe, T34, JT88, FCM, 112, etc:

  • I find a good team, am able to farm good damage and am not in a tier 8 battle
  • I find a good/bad team, and the game finishes before I can do any substantial damage
  • I find a retarded team that gives up map control completely and dies one by one, while I can not push because of hulldown tanks that I can't pen with neither AP nor APCR i.e. hulldown IS7s in sand river in my Lowe

-> most of the time, it's the second or third scenario that I encounter. The first scenario is as rare as an oasis in the desert.

Also, I the only good armor I have is from my T34 when I can get hulldown. The other tanks I have usually get penned with prem ammo like it's hot butter from higher tiers.

And when I play my slower tanks, many times I try to go on one flank, that melts like butter within the first 2 minutes, and I don't have any time to relocate and find myself completely alone on one flank, ready to get in a shot or a few at most, before dying with sub 1k damage, fucking up my wn8 that I so dearly try to improve with my t10 tanks.

My point is that most of my tier 8 prems are slow, and not effective enough to go reliably against higher tiers and I just can't deal as good damage as with tanks that are more mobile. However since I do have to grind credits, I don't always have a choice.

 

 

How can I make it work with t8 prems that have mediocre performance compared to their counterparts in regular t8? Please halp.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd honestly stop caring about WN8 at this point. The metric itself has been made obsolete because of crappy WG API. Hell, I'm pretty sure PR is a better metric of skill than WN8 these days.

To answer the question, damage is almost outright the best way to rack up credits in tier 8 prems (unless you're a light). This means solid damage dealers with good credit multipliers (Löwe, S1) are the go-to tanks here. Since you're counting on doing lots of damage, you're better off with crappy teams so you can farm more damage and get more credits. You also get more credits from winning [citation needed], so you have to win your battles. This basically boils down to gitting gud when making money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

I'd honestly stop caring about WN8 at this point. The metric itself has been made obsolete because of crappy WG API. Hell, I'm pretty sure PR is a better metric of skill than WN8 these days.

To answer the question, damage is almost outright the best way to rack up credits in tier 8 prems (unless you're a light). This means solid damage dealers with good credit multipliers (Löwe, S1) are the go-to tanks here. Since you're counting on doing lots of damage, you're better off with crappy teams so you can farm more damage and get more credits. You also get more credits from winning [citation needed], so you have to win your battles. This basically boils down to gitting gud when making money.

My point was that I'm not able to do good damage because of all the reasons I've mentioned in a lot of my battles. My "crappy" teams won't allow me to even arrive to one flank before folding in many of the games, hence my frustration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the only way to "fuck up" your WIN8 is to have too damned much of it, resulting in obnoxious focus.

So, I suggest you platoon with good players. That way they'll steal all your damage and cause you to win no matter how hard you potato (winning == moar credits).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stop playing slow tanks, play more mobile premiums if you have the ability to as they have way better carry potential.

at least then you can "relocate to where the dmg is"

but also similar to what is being said above id stop focusing on Wn8 and focus on winning, Wn8 tends to follow not to far behind if you do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally just support the stronger side. Positions mean less and less as yolo rushes become commonplace. If needed, the Löwe is moderately fast enough to get into typical heavy positions without being heavily outpaced anyways.

For the T34, play like a bitch in the back as second-line support that will play aggressive as hell even at bottom tier when every opportunity arises. As a tier 8 you're an opportunist. If there is an opportunity to punish a tier 10 or 9 with minimal risk, take it. You don't want them being full HP late game when they could be 1 or 2 shot instead.

tl;dr support stronger flank. punish higher tiers whenever possible as safely as you can. if you get yolo'd, it's an inevitable braindead element of the playerbase you have to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Focus on win ratio. By that I mean go to flank where you may help your team, not your DPG. Detrack, play with armor and (even more important) your presence - many players will not make a move knowing there are K+1 tanks instead of K. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just play my Type 59 and shit credits and WN8 as well

2k damage apparently gives you 3.1k Windows8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i mostly play the m46 clones, patriot, mutz and strv so im guilty of having mobility in most cases, but as far as (my worthless advice) what i do, i follow the tanks most likely to carry/to the best position to carry seeing the lineup and map, focus on tracking shots, use the turrets whenever possible, dont waste gold ammo if i wont pen sadface.

but yea, seeing as those premiums have some of the better winrates between my tanks, it seems to somewhow works fine.

p.s. i wish FAMEs would have credit issues so i can watch them farm in prems,p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Strigonx said:

i just play my Type 59 and shit credits and WN8 as well

2k damage apparently gives you 3.1k Windows8

man, this is like giving Maus gameplay tips in an E-100 thread. :c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to love my premium tier 8s, now I almost never take them out.  The Skorp G and the S1 are about the only ones that can actually pen the 8 tier 9/10 tanks you see pretty much every game and now that bushes are OP they are probably even more viable.  I have not played my Patriot (which for a while was my go to tank for fun and profit) in months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I used to love my premium tier 8s, now I almost never take them out.  The Skorp G and the S1 are about the only ones that can actually pen the 8 tier 9/10 tanks you see pretty much every game and now that bushes are OP they are probably even more viable.  I have not played my Patriot (which for a while was my go to tank for fun and profit) in months.

Pen is not an issue with T34 and Lowe which have the 1st and 2nd highest penetration among tier 8 heavy tanks - it's more their speed (and in the case of T34, its fragility) that makes it more difficult to make your mark on the game.

If you just want to make money and aren't going for marks or something though, they are still excellent choices, since you can just shoot AP almost all the time—add to that their high base multiplier and you can make millions of silver in a day and that's assuming randoms not organized play with credit bonus etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

I used to love my premium tier 8s, now I almost never take them out.  The Skorp G and the S1 are about the only ones that can actually pen the 8 tier 9/10 tanks you see pretty much every game and now that bushes are OP they are probably even more viable.  I have not played my Patriot (which for a while was my go to tank for fun and profit) in months.

 

23 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Pen is not an issue with T34 and Lowe which have the 1st and 2nd highest penetration among tier 8 heavy tanks - it's more their speed (and in the case of T34, its fragility) that makes it more difficult to make your mark on the game.

If you just want to make money and aren't going for marks or something though, they are still excellent choices, since you can just shoot AP almost all the time—add to that their high base multiplier and you can make millions of silver in a day and that's assuming randoms not organized play with credit bonus etc.

In my case that includes the 120-FT as well. Speed + Gun and tiny bit of camo.

Even just redline sniping can get a nice profit simply they don't have to take risk and get up close, especially after 1.0 Map changes, bushes are so convenient or occasional Derpenberg. Getting close announce to everybody where my tank is, more importantly where the gun is aiming at and giving chances for others to react before so. It is far more safe to be in a mobile platform that can escape from danger and spot for themselves, and do damage wherever opportunities are and that makes them so profitable and enjoyable. If I have to pick I'd pick a fast-med with decent pen over T34/Lowe, so fast that armour is not the first priority because running away from things keep me in the game and makes more profit, Lorraine, Victoria, 4202...

Pure-bred heavies are just too passive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When ever I need to make money in world of tanks I just jump into strongholds to see if there are empty spots. If you can get into a good team in a tier 6 stronghold where I would say battles last less than 8 minutes generally, you can just get in and out of battles and farm credits. You can also join tier 8 strongholds even though they take longer but tier 8's make more money per game so the credit earning ratio may be similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pick fast premiums

Choose those that fit in better with your play style (for me its is-6)

Reload premium ammo for hard to pen targets(eats your credits some of the time, but you will make more than if you bounced 3-4 shots trying to pen)

Go for easy to pen targets/lower tiers

Keep moving to where there is a lot of enemy HP to farm

 

P.S. Credits in sh battles are easier(triple RRR, autoaim yoloes), faster and generate more credit income/hour AND crew skills so unless you want to grind wn8 in pubs(for what? just play tier x)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I look to make credits, aside from knowing I have to play well/win, I look at:

1) Good base pen.  Loewe, fv4202, meatball 4202 clone, lorr, strv.  Not having to load sprem == more credits.

2) Good view range.  I run optics in everything but the strv, b/c being able to spot (a) gives me a way to contribute to my team even when bottom tier and (b) gives me another way to earn XP/credits.

3) Having a trick on which I can rely.  4202 is a solid ridgeline fighter, e.g., and the much better pen for me makes up for the inferior gun handling compared to the KRatton.  Loewe can hull down effectively and use gun dep against higher tiers, ditto + sidescraping when not bottom tier.    Strv can kemp bush, yada yada, but it's for me just painfully unfun to play.

And anytime I'm in tier 8, I start off assuming I'm going to be bottom tier, plan on playing rather passively initially and just supporting a strong flank.  All of these tanks have a common characteristic that, even when top tier, they're better suited to playing a bit back from the front line (loewe because of low dpm, if no other reason, unless you have good support to keep from getting yolo'd).

My $0.02, really $0.015 at today's exchange rates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2018 at 12:08 PM, BlitzReaper said:

I often find myself trying to grind credits with my t8 prems, especially the non pref ones but sometimes also pref. This is the scenario I most encounter, while playing my Lowe, T34, JT88, FCM, 112, etc:

  • I find a good team, am able to farm good damage and am not in a tier 8 battle
  • I find a good/bad team, and the game finishes before I can do any substantial damage
  • I find a retarded team that gives up map control completely and dies one by one, while I can not push because of hulldown tanks that I can't pen with neither AP nor APCR i.e. hulldown IS7s in sand river in my Lowe

-> most of the time, it's the second or third scenario that I encounter. The first scenario is as rare as an oasis in the desert.

Also, I the only good armor I have is from my T34 when I can get hulldown. The other tanks I have usually get penned with prem ammo like it's hot butter from higher tiers.

And when I play my slower tanks, many times I try to go on one flank, that melts like butter within the first 2 minutes, and I don't have any time to relocate and find myself completely alone on one flank, ready to get in a shot or a few at most, before dying with sub 1k damage, fucking up my wn8 that I so dearly try to improve with my t10 tanks.

My point is that most of my tier 8 prems are slow, and not effective enough to go reliably against higher tiers and I just can't deal as good damage as with tanks that are more mobile. However since I do have to grind credits, I don't always have a choice.

 

 

How can I make it work with t8 prems that have mediocre performance compared to their counterparts in regular t8? Please halp.

 

 

 

Watch Lowe replays from good players. It is not easy to pen, it works great in t10 matches. You should be easily able to pull 3000+ wn8

On 4/19/2018 at 3:29 PM, Tanager said:

When I look to make credits, aside from knowing I have to play well/win, I look at:

1) Good base pen.  Loewe, fv4202, meatball 4202 clone, lorr, strv.  Not having to load sprem == more credits.

2) Good view range.  I run optics in everything but the strv, b/c being able to spot (a) gives me a way to contribute to my team even when bottom tier and (b) gives me another way to earn XP/credits.

3) Having a trick on which I can rely.  4202 is a solid ridgeline fighter, e.g., and the much better pen for me makes up for the inferior gun handling compared to the KRatton.  Loewe can hull down effectively and use gun dep against higher tiers, ditto + sidescraping when not bottom tier.    Strv can kemp bush, yada yada, but it's for me just painfully unfun to play.

And anytime I'm in tier 8, I start off assuming I'm going to be bottom tier, plan on playing rather passively initially and just supporting a strong flank.  All of these tanks have a common characteristic that, even when top tier, they're better suited to playing a bit back from the front line (loewe because of low dpm, if no other reason, unless you have good support to keep from getting yolo'd).

My $0.02, really $0.015 at today's exchange rates.

4202 is trash when bottom tier. Yeah the pen is good but the dpm + gunhandling + meh turret are a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.