Deus__Ex__Machina

Another Forbidden British Premium (Centurion Mk. 5/1 RAAC)

17 posts in this topic

Source: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/04/06/wot-supertest-centurion-mk-5-1-raac/  <--click for more pics

idk what is is with WG cock teasing British tank lovers with premiums they refuse to release. the British tech tree being one of the oldest in the game surprisingly has very few premium tanks available, the Chieftain/T95 was a CW tank that was only available as a award once as far as i can remember, and the Caernarvon Action X has been in the files for a good while. And now we get to also "enjoy" watching this thing be dangled above their noses for god knows how long...

Centurion-1.jpg

HP: 1400
Engine power: 950 HP
Weight: 51 t
Max. weight: 53 t
Power-to-weight: 18.63 HP/t
Max. speed forwards/backwards: 50 / -20 km/h
Hull traverse: 36 °/s
Turret traverse: 37.5 °/s
Ground resistance: 0.959 / 1.055 / 1.822
View range: 400 m
Radio range: 782.1 m

Hull armor: 120.7 / 50.8 / 38
Turret armor: 254 / 88.9 / 88.9

Gun: OQF 20-pdr Gun Type B Barrel

Damage: 230 / 230 / 280
Penetration: 226 / 258 / 42
RPM: 8,343
DPM: 1 918,9
Reload time: 7.192 s
Accuracy: 0.316
Aim time: 2.21 s
Gun depression elevation: -10 / +18

Main differences between this and the Cent 1 appear to be the 120.7mm of upper plate armor and the 18.63 power to weight as apposed to the cent 1's 76.2mm of upper plate armor and 16.7 power to weight.

the cent 1 on the other hand gets 50 more HP :party:

other than that its another copy n paste premium cent 1 (counting the primo victora)

Am I confused, or this flatly better than the FV4202? Same gun and speed but more armor...

3 hours ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

idk what is is with WG cock teasing British tank lovers with premiums they refuse to release. the British tech tree being one of the oldest in the game surprisingly has very few premium tanks available, the Chieftain/T95 was a CW tank that was only available as a award once as far as i can remember, and the Caernarvon Action X has been in the files for a good while. And now we get to also "enjoy" watching this thing be dangled above their noses for god knows how long...

You can track the game in its life cycle just by looking at how many prem things they dump out for "sale".

Right now I'd say they are stocking up assets to make cash grabs later. More profitable to announce a "rare" tank way in advance to build up hype than to put something completely new on sale without people knowing what it is. The hype also compensates for its mediocrity.

People paying for this kind of stuff are basically like drug addicts. This drug is called WG's bullshit.

:novaserb:

Gotta get some returns on the ANZ server investment. 

Pizza-turion mk5. 

12 hours ago, Haswell said:

Right now I'd say they are stocking up assets to make cash grabs later. More profitable to announce a "rare" tank way in advance to build up hype than to put something completely new on sale without people knowing what it is. The hype also compensates for its mediocrity.

Did I hear someone say "Chieftain Mk 6"?

If I'm not wrong chieftain/t95 has been used in the mini-campaigns at least twice, while of course the fv4202 was given free to people who did the marathon. The former is decent, while i agree the fv4202 and other british prems are indeed quite lacklustre and there aren't that many of them to begin with. As someone who started playing the game for and with British tanks I've found it quite puzzling..

21 hours ago, OuttaGum said:

Am I confused, or this flatly better than the FV4202? Same gun and speed but more armor...

I thought fv4202 has less dpm

21 hours ago, MacusFlash said:

Pizza-turion mk5. 

Nah this is an Aussie one that got nuked, survived, sent to Vietnam, got hit by an RPG and still survived that too. 

So in other words, a better Centurion. I even heard its supposed to have less movement dispersion than the mk1. Now does that make a meta-breaker? Hell no. Tier 8 mediums are still laughably under-gunned considering the realities of 3/5/7 MM and this is no exception. So this is getting the worst of both worlds, not only is a premium rendering both the mk1 and the 4202 obsolete, its still going to get shat on by the tier 10s every other match or so.

Yet another premium tank we will not buy due to shitty MM

Model is cool, that is about it, the rest is a copy paste tank, even if it's slightly better than the Cent 1 that still doesn't make it a particularly effective tier 8, let alone the fact tier 8s face tier 10 all the time.

It's basically a Cent 7/1 using the 20 lber. 

On 4/8/2018 at 1:38 PM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

Nah this is an Aussie one that got nuked, survived, sent to Vietnam, got hit by an RPG and still survived that too. 

So, Tuesdays?

On 4/7/2018 at 10:38 PM, MagicalFlyingFox said:

1 hour ago, ThomChen114 said:

So, Tuesdays?

You left out the part where scorpions and spiders and mother fucking nature trying to kill it.

Pretty sure that's how creepy crawlies made it off the island continent.

Still needs to get past the sharks, and octopuses and jellyfish though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irukandji_jellyfish

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-ringed_octopus

Even the fish are dangerous...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synanceia

No sideskirts and less HP thanks to the nuke.