Cunicularius

I miss this forum... WoT is bad, why isn't this *WTLabs, yet? ( `³´)

39 posts in this topic

I've been having a good time getting my life together, but I still haven't been able to bring myself to abandon games. They're far too much a part of me. 

I've found War Thunder to be a far more consistent and well put together game anymore than fucking current state WoT. ( `³´) Now we can argue over that, but, let's not. At the very least you can probably agree that the trend in game quality is on the up for War Blunder and on the down for World of Corridors...

http://thunderskill.com/en/stat/Cunicularius I've gotten pretty gud. c: 
When I was trying to get into Bulba, I played a bit with Crabeatoff, and I was pretty anxious and that made it difficult to play to my usual levels. When he asked me to try and explain my reasoning for my decision making, I remarked to him that I did not really know, and although at that moment my ability to think was clouded, this had in large part been true for much of my time in any game. Playing well was like running or breathing, if you don't think about it, if you don't observe yourself while you do these things, and someone asks you how you do them, your only answer is, "Like this." Even when you do manage to observe and understand the manner in which you perform these actions, their true nature is obscured by an ever present level of abstraction. 

I know a lot about lockpicking and raking, but I am not skilled in lockpicking or raking. Just the other day, one of the new regulars at the Zen Center I frequent locked the door to the bathroom, and we couldn't find the key. Although I knew much about how the door could be opened, I also knew that I had no chance of opening it without the proper tools or skills. 

In War Thunder I've gotten to the point where I can begin to very adequately describe and explain my decision making. Although I can still get irritated or shaken, and have that process disrupted, I've become familiar enough with it that I can make an attempt to recover it. This was not the case in WoT, either it was there that day or it wasn't, and there was nothing I could do about it but throw myself into matches over and over again until it reemerged on its own. 

At least, that's what I can figure. 6w6;

Gaijoob or Wargaming?

Death by Fire, or Death by Drowning?

both are bad games run by shit companies  :minidoge:

i always thought this was just a place where we discuss our equal hatred for either while still playing them anyway

17 minutes ago, Deus__Ex__Machina said:

Gaijoob or Wargaming?

Death by Fire, or Death by Drowning?

both are bad games run by shit companies  :minidoge:

i always thought this was just a place where we discuss our equal hatred for either while still playing them anyway

I said I wasn gon argu abot it 421754400017481731.gif?v=1

The first couple of times I tried to play War Thunder, I could never get past the queue waiting for a battle. Tier 1 players need not apply, I guess.

You play WoT if you want to bounce off superheavies and die to prem HE (Type 4/5 or arty, your pick)
You play WT if you want to get nuked by APFSDS, HEAT, or ATGMs from 1km away

I like both games though :doge:

Good to hear you've been getting your life sorted, though. Here's to keeping it like that.:happyfish:

2 minutes ago, ZXrage said:

You play WT if you want to get nuked by APFSDS, HEAT, or ATGMs from 1km away

If you can't routinely hit people out to 1850m first shot, you're doing something wrong. 

And all that only applies to top tiers, though, HEAT and especially ATGMs aren't that strong anyway. 

Neither is APFSDS if you don't have a stabilizer. 

3 hours ago, Cunicularius said:

( `³´)

c: 

6w6;

Cuni you said you'd write me a dictionary.

2 hours ago, Haswell said:

Cuni you said you'd write me a dictionary.

o3o dictionary? ^,w,^

Anyways, I've been playing WT a whole lot more than WoT lately and I'm agreeing with the OP. This place is dead, WoT is just about dead (on NA at least), too. WT has more life in it than WoT at this point.

woah theres a WT stats page? 

apparently im a good player in Arcade, and average in RB. 

also, I only really play planes. every time I play tanks it just ends in a massive rage because its so fucking stupid and unreliable. (and the tanks are so clunky to control)

but I did just start getting into it the other day, did some powergrinding and finally hit my first Jet. well, Rocket. the Me 163. 

TFW total trash

On the other hand running the game at 20 fps and stuttering all over the place might've to be a factor

13 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

woah theres a WT stats page? 

apparently im a good player in Arcade, and average in RB. 

also, I only really play planes. every time I play tanks it just ends in a massive rage because its so fucking stupid and unreliable. (and the tanks are so clunky to control)

but I did just start getting into it the other day, did some powergrinding and finally hit my first Jet. well, Rocket. the Me 163. 

Won't share ur stats doe ;P

@Strigonx not too bad o3o

So I really need to write a dictionary... ¬~¬

1 hour ago, Cunicularius said:

Won't share ur stats doe ;P

@Strigonx not too bad o3o

So I really need to write a dictionary... ¬~¬

Didnt think to.

http://thunderskill.com/en/stat/_Zekken

Tried it some time ago, and it was... meh? Lots of broken physics, fuckery with graphics settings, and a really long ass grind. The balance also seemed about as good as WoT, which means really really shit. The only other tonk game that had some potential was AW, but that got fucked by Ruskies as well...

There's really no good tonk MMO, there's the bad ones, and the really bad ones.

why the fuck do you people still post on this forum?

why haven't you all killed yourselves yet?

why haven't I?

Still want to try WT. Just not enthralled that apparently (?) I need to fly a plane as part of the respawn during RB. 

I'm sure it's equally annoying as WoT, but the idea of only shooting a tank once instead of 5 times seems cool.

Stopped WoT twice, once in summer 2012, then with the 2nd account in early 2017 at WN8 of 2200, 6k battles at ~60% WR. Novelty has worn off, the issues (corridors, match making, power creep) remain. For the market leader and the shit load amount of profit they make the game is in a strange state. At least it looks semi decent nowadays. I'd love to go back and play a Tiger I, II, E-75 and a Leopard 1 again, but apparently those tanks are not worth it anymore.

PvE'd my ass off in Armored Warfare and did the reset before "balance something" (112k gold, 532m credits) and never played again after they got rid of Obsidian. I liked the Global Operations mode.

I have a War Thunder account that has some American BR 4.0 planes including two low tier premiums and some BR 3.7 German tanks. It felt good to hop into some low tier German tank (must have been a Luchs or so) with good speed, firing frequency and some armor, got 10 kills in dog fighting with it. I do not understand how to fly a plane, but the freedom to get it up in the air and do whatever you want plus the very nice air fights on YouTube made a lasting impression on me.

And I have a WoT account with a Churchill and a Matilda on it.

I think that War Thunder has a higher skill ceiling than WoT and sometimes I wonder why not more purples play War Thunder.

Once I have a gaming rig again I'll check out all games again, but since I have the least experience and progress in War Thunder this is going to be my favorite. My younger brother is a tomato in WoT though, he needs some schooling and I have to do something with the gold in the Armored Warfare account.

Doh...

9 hours ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Still want to try WT. Just not enthralled that apparently (?) I need to fly a plane as part of the respawn during RB. 

I'm sure it's equally annoying as WoT, but the idea of only shooting a tank once instead of 5 times seems cool.

Best part about warthunder is how creative you can be with the decals :^)

Y2wQiAa.jpg

OucZNJ1.jpg

vPkLi6o.jpg