TheTrojanWarrior

How do you be aggressive in world of tanks and prevent panicking when you're in a troublesome situation?

30 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, TheTrojanWarrior said:

Wow this is more difficult than I thought it would be O_O. I never new how much thought could have to be put into this game and into strategy. seeing as I'm terrible at strategy games, this may take a while. 

Yup.

Learning to aim and shoot, and not get shot back, is about 10% of the total skillset requirement for this game.

The other 90% is learning map positioning, vision and camo mechanics, and tactics. Learning where and how to play positions on the map is one of the hardest things to learn, but once you get it, it doesnt even matter if you cant aim because you can compensate by positioning yourself to get side shots. Its why there have been several unicum players (Zapyoung is one) that play/played on literal potatoes with sub 20fps and were still able to play at purple.

6 hours ago, Assassin7 said:

Yup.

Learning to aim and shoot, and not get shot back, is about 10% of the total skillset requirement for this game.

The other 90% is learning map positioning, vision and camo mechanics, and tactics. Learning where and how to play positions on the map is one of the hardest things to learn, but once you get it, it doesnt even matter if you cant aim because you can compensate by positioning yourself to get side shots. Its why there have been several unicum players (Zapyoung is one) that play/played on literal potatoes with sub 20fps and were still able to play at purple.

I have been applying what was recommended and have noticed the results I get are now more consistent.

41 minutes ago, TheMarine0341 said:

Easiest lesson to learn in Tenks: Never try to be the hero
Hardest thing to do in Tenks: Never try to be the hero

Learned that about 6k battles. Still a very hard thing to do though.

On 4/13/2018 at 7:01 PM, TheTrojanWarrior said:

I have been applying what was recommended and have noticed the results I get are now more consistent.

So much of what has been said is just figuring out the meta of each map. They play pretty predictably 80% of the time I'd say. Helps to know the win % of a given tank too, but if you run vanilla, you don't get that information.

Just paying attention, and having a very short debrief at the end of every game that's more than "omg my team is retarded" gets you a lot of places. What did you do that worked well, what didn't. Did any enemy really do anything you should have been surprised by? Probably not, so how can you deal with it faster and better next time?

For me, my best was playing around 3k recent, I think I could have pushed to 4k if I had wanted, but I just loved being aggressive. Even hitting 2.5k is a challenge in my current situation, I maybe try to get 1 or 2 doubles a few times a month. It can be 6 months inbetween games for me. The maps aren't really changing a ton right now, but the meta, I mean it always felt stagnant, but it does change from time to time, I can tell you that. I will get punished hard for getting early shots from a specific spot, or whatever. Still, there are general placements, or rules, that allow you to do better or worse.